Morrissey - a live nod to U2 at Glastonbury?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redhill

Refugee
So the first gig (in Perth) of the latest Morrissey tour has passed...and he played "Satellite of Love."

Does anyone think this is a nod to the fact that U2 said they will be perhaps focusing on more 90's material at Glastonbury...and that Moz might play it and make mention of it at that gig (since they will both be there) in reference to U2?

Or it is just a coincidence....

On that note, anyone think that he will mention them at all on the day?

I have thought since the 90's that he was secretly a U2 fan to some extent...although with his complex and competitive psyche regarding giving other band's credit...I doubt he would ever directly say so....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWdfbs8qysk

P.S. I like his rendition and the disdain expressed for the TV is hilarious in context of the song he is singing!

Does anyone think this is a nod to the fact that U2 said they will be perhaps focusing on more 90's material at Glastonbury...and that Moz might play it and make mention of it at that gig (since they will both be there) in reference to U2?

It's because he has lost faith in the scientific method and, as a result, has acquired a very unique view of our galaxy:

16gzgn8.jpg

Or it is just a coincidence....

No.

Wow - lots of intelligent responses round here ;]

I'm not really sure this thread warrants an intelligent response.

However, Lemonmelon provided you with one anyway, so count your blessings.

As I type this I'm literally laughing out loud at the initial post. I truly can't believe it's not a joke.

Not all of us are cynical d-bags like you, NSW. The truth is still very much out there for us.

BTW, I gave this 5 stars for making us think outside the box, the whole fucking box factory, and every last one of our intellectual trappings.

I'm not really sure this thread warrants an intelligent response.

However, Lemonmelon provided you with one anyway, so count your blessings.

As I type this I'm literally laughing out loud at the initial post. I truly can't believe it's not a joke.

Maybe your the joke? Sounds like a more reasonable conclusion to me :wave:

I'm about to go all Muldfeld with this concept. Gonna raise awareness and shit. Knock on doors, parade DVD sets around, shush people's loud asses.

Interpol is opening for U2 in a couple of weeks...:hmm:

You're*.

Do you not realise how ridiculous your question was? Seriously?

Friggin Cobbler, you're not thinking the redhill way. Perhaps NSW was actually trying to possess the joke, rather than be the joke. Such is his way.

You're*.

Do you not realise how ridiculous your question was? Seriously?

Realize - not realise*

Also - there should be two spaces after a sentence ends - not one...

Tell me why this is so ridiculous?

Even if you think the initial question was ridiculous (don't see why), you might also want to recall that there was more than one question. The latter being whether or not Moz would make note of U2's presence on the day...which is entirely possible.

Man people can be small :wave:

BTW, I gave this 5 stars for making us think outside the box, the whole fucking box factory, and every last one of our intellectual trappings.

Instead of going to the box factory today, we'll be going to the box factory.

I'm about to go all Muldfeld with this concept. Gonna raise awareness and shit. Knock on doors, parade DVD sets around, shush people's loud asses.

Interpol is opening for U2 in a couple of weeks...:hmm:

Don't forget Battlestar Galactica.

Realize - not realise*

Actually, "realise" is the right way of spelling it where Cobbler and I come from. :yes: So he can't be wrong.

Your as "you're" is the same in all English speaking countries.

:nerd:

Instead of going to the box factory today, we'll be going to the box factory.

Don't forget Battlestar Galactica.

Actually, "realise" is the right way of spelling it where Cobbler and I come from. :yes: So he can't be wrong.

Your as "you're" is the same in all English speaking countries.

:nerd:

Tell someone that cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom