Morrissey - a live nod to U2 at Glastonbury?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glastonbury is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, it should be noted.

I snapped this photo from last year's concert:

backstagecoachella.jpg

What kind of people are these?

redhill said:
So are one of you geniuses going to tell me why the initial question is so ridiculous?

Now I'm convinced you're joking.

No spoken words said:
Glastonbury is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, it should be noted.

I snapped this photo from last year's concert:

What kind of people are these?

:lol: nice one.

So are one of you geniuses going to tell me why the initial question is so ridiculous?

Since nobody here is giving it a shot (and ridiculous is a harsh word):

We're talking about a very famous song by another artist, by no means in the world do I think of U2 when I listen to "Satellite Of Love", despite seeing ZooTV. Whoever covers Satellite is giving props to Lou Reed, NOT U2.

U2 also covered Dancing Queen, What's Going On, etc...doesn't mean that when I hear someone else cover it, I think it's a nod to U2?

Besides, Morrissey is a big admirer of Lou Reed. Just read up on some interviews.

Oh Interference. You never stop brightening my day. :heart:

And it even got NSW out of the woodworks.

The only thing that worries me is that if Interference is like this now, with the last bit of the tour going on. What on earth is waiting for us after it? In the horrific inbetween albums time. :sad: Oh teh horrorz.

I figure someone might as well give you a straight answer:

It's because Satellite of Love is not a U2 song. It's a Lou Reed song. That U2 happened to cover.

So if Morrissey is giving a live nod to anyone, it's Lou Reed.

Also - there should be two spaces after a sentence ends - not one...

Actually, as you'll notice in your own posts as well, regardless of the fact that two spaces may be right (I hear actually that on the internet now the correct way is one space), Interference only allows one space per word. Case in point I have spaced four times between each word in this sentence.
This may be factual.

May be true :shrug:.
We are not in Britain or Australia...

LMFAO.

LemonMelon, No spoken words...why you gotta be so mean?

I appreciate the sentiment. There is however, a big difference between being mean versus immature and ignorant.

The funny thing is that I bet there will be some Moz or U2 connection on the day (one of the artists will mention the other) and those two clowns won't even be man enough to admit they were wrong.

What a joke.

The other sad thing about this entire question is that it reveals a pathetic side of people. Just like Spiderman 1.0...the drama queens and juvenile people show their hand...and only want to talk about the drama surrounding the issue instead of the issue itself.

What can you do? All men are not created equal I guess...

Dude if I'm wrong, if Moz so much as mentions Bono, U2, Edge, Flood, Dublin, the Zoo, kneeling, soul, Gavin Friday, hell, even the word Friday, I'll buy you a gift certificate to your favorite retail outlet or restaurant (Applebees?) and I will compose a haiku in your honor, detailing how perceptive you are while at the same time admitting how dramatic, juvenile and just plain wrong I am/was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom