more US dates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michaelwmitchel

The Fly
Does anybody think there's any chance additional dates/cities would be added for the 2011 summer leg?

-michael mitchell
(Nashville, TN)

I believe there will be a few shows added. One..because it says, "additional dates and cities to be confirmed" on this u2.com page...

U2 > News > North American Tour: 2011 Rescheduled Dates

Also, there most likely will be a new album out by then.
Also, look at the huge gaps.
6 day gap between salt lake city and edmonton
9 day gap between oakland and aneheim
5 day gap between miami and chicago
5 day gap between philly and east rutherford

8 day gap between aneheim and east lansing, but this probably is reserved for glastonbury 2011.

My possible guesses are Hawaii, new orleans, boston, cleveland, madison, st louis. would be awesome if they played in albuquerque new mexico my home state. the lobos stadium does have a capacity of 38,000 so that might work who knows, but i doubt they would go there.

Hey are you the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses guy per chance? :D

And there could be a few shows added, but the chances aren't that big. I would've expected them to announce them as soon as the shows were completely rescheduled and the new shows had sold out completely.

There maybe extra dates, but maybe the big gaps are so Bono can have extra time off to rest his back. Just a thought.

I would've expected them to announce them as soon as the shows were completely rescheduled and the new shows had sold out completely.

Thats just it - the shows are far from sold out completely. US sales, rather like German, and very unlike Australian, have been comparatively slow and I don't know many which are sold out.

As far as the gaps go one is presumably for Glastonbury, and 5 day intervals aren't unknown, in fact we're in the midst of one right now between Istanbul and Zurich.

If a new album comes out before the US leg, then I would expect remaining tickets to disappear and a couple or few new dates pop up.

I would expect Laura is onto something regarding rest periods for Bonos back - also Larry.

The mid-west region has been totally ignored for this tour (outside of Chicago, of course).They could have called this "The N.A. the East cost/west cost tour".

If i was U2 fan leaving in the mid west region,i would be pissed a little by the itinerary of both U.S. leg of the tour.

They're playing Minneapolis and East Lansing next summer.

And if you consider Oklahoma midwest (what is that - plains? south? South plains? north Texas?), they played there last fall as well.

Well if you consider Minnesota a U.S. state....'cos in my mind it's just an extension of the province of Manitoba :wink:

The mid-west region has been totally ignored for this tour (outside of Chicago, of course).They could have called this "The N.A. the East cost/west cost tour".

If i was U2 fan leaving in the mid west region,i would be pissed a little by the itinerary of both U.S. leg of the tour.

well...the US got 30 dates...there are many countries that don't get that many, and many places where people have to travel much more to see their favourite band.

Paul M said there were just over 1 million tickets sold in the U.S. Let's see... divide that by 16 shows, that's an average of 62,500 people per show. That is a better average than the current European leg of 56,818. over 1/3 of the "few tickets" that were returned have already been bought back. the maximum days off between shows for Australia is 4 days, and the others are 3 days, so I don't buy the big gaps in the rescheduled tour to be days off for Bono's back especially when it's 10 months from now..lol i guess we should ignore the quote on u2.com saying there are going to be additional dates and cities added..lol

Paul M said there were just over 1 million tickets sold in the U.S. Let's see... divide that by 16 shows, that's an average of 62,500 people per show. That is a better average than the current European leg of 56,818. over 1/3 of the "few tickets" that were returned have already been bought back. the maximum days off between shows for Australia is 4 days, and the others are 3 days, so I don't buy the big gaps in the rescheduled tour to be days off for Bono's back especially when it's 10 months from now..lol i guess we should ignore the quote on u2.com saying there are going to be additional dates and cities added..lol

The term "very few" for the numbers of tickets that were returned is very vague.For me "very few" would mean around 10%-15% out of 1 million tickets sold.But it could be 20% or 25% in the mind of Live nation or Paul Mcguinness.But let say that for the sake of argument that it is 15%.That's 150 000 tickets out of 1 millions.Thats a lot of tickets to resold.And most of those tickets are the 250$ ones.Who buys those high price tickets? hardcore fans.But i doubt that the hardcore fans have returned their tickets,so those 250$ returned are coming from resale sites.The average fans won't go for those kind of tickets.So who's gonna buy them?

And most of those tickets are the 250$ ones.Who buys those high price tickets? hardcore fans.But i doubt that the hardcore fans have returned their tickets,so those 250$ returned are coming from resale sites.The average fans won't go for those kind of tickets.So who's gonna buy them?

Most of these tickets are sold between hardcore fans and rich casual fans, those either buying to give to clients or those that just have lots of disposable cash and a U2 concert is a place to be seen or a fun show. It's actually not that uncommon.

The goal of this tour seems to be to milk the entire planet until demand is completely diminished. So I think they will add a few more US dates. I definitely think the midwest is a huge glaring omission. I'm certain that if they did a show somewhere in Cleveland/Cincy, Pittsburgh, Nashville and St. Louis they could draw 40-50k people to each show easily. I just really want an Ohio show, because that would be one more show I would go to!

Are they keeping Bonnaroo an open option? I don't think it'll happen but that region could do with a show. Are other festivals an option in those off periods?

I still think Atlantic Canada has demand for a show, and U2 debut. It's just that the venue would have to be a field like the Stones/ACDC/McCartney.

I think Winnipeg is an option. Especially considering that Edmonton had a 2nd date pencilled in went it first went onsale.

I don't think scheduling has Bono's off days as a 1st priority. Australia is a full schedule compared to the Euro 2010 dates booked pre-injury.

I keep thinking about places like Belfast, Norway and Atlantic Canada, for example, that don't have suitable stadiums. Why not just build their own stadium like they're doing in Montreal?

They're playing Minneapolis and East Lansing next summer.

And if you consider Oklahoma midwest (what is that - plains? south? South plains? north Texas?), they played there last fall as well.

we're kinda southwest i think, or somewhere in the middle? Anyway, they did play here back in october of last year, the only problem was they played Dallas less than a week before so that could have hurt ticket demand. Ideally they would have played Oklahoma last year and Dallas some time next year, or vice versa, not in the same week.

I keep thinking about places like Belfast, Norway and Atlantic Canada, for example, that don't have suitable stadiums. Why not just build their own stadium like they're doing in Montreal?

Montreal was single temp setup for 2 big selling shows. The above examples will sell less for a single show than either Montreal show.

My question is why can't they do a couple shows in venues that are mainly a grass field. Only 15% of the crowd in NICE FRANCE got seating.

When first announced McGuinness said they'd only do 360 tiered football stadiums, but have since broken that rule for 270 setups, baseball and temp stand scaffolding.

Back when rescheduling began, there were rumours about extra cities being added to the itinerary ... since the revised itinerary was announced, not a peep.

I wonder if they've learnt their lesson and don't want to sell tickets quite so far in advance this time. Wait until it's closer to (or actually is) 2011 before they add anything.

Could a Mexico City stand be slotted in one of the schedule openings.

Still don't know what month the Latin/South American dates or Asia/Hawaii fit into the plan.

Latin America will be around March 2011. Rumour has it the announcement's coming this month - presumably once all the Aussie sales are done.

And yet it's currently only equal with Popmart for the amount of shows. The last time a tour had less shows than Popmart/360 was Lovetown.

And yet it's currently only equal with Popmart for the amount of shows. The last time a tour had less shows than Popmart/360 was Lovetown.

Yeah. This tour's quite the stark contrast from Vertigo, in so many ways.

I just want them to keep Minneapolis as the last US show, because I'd love to be at the last show of the leg. That's good times, right there.

Back
Top Bottom