more US dates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was looking at the U.S. 2011 leg again and it is interesting that between each big gap May 24-June 1st, June 7-June 17, June 29-July 5, July 14-July 20, there lies a completely open weekend for a new concert even on a saturday. This also gives a minimum of 2-5 days between other shows. I think Live Nation set up the rescheduled leg just for this purpose so they can add 4 additional dates plus the pittsburg date on july 26th. If they do this, with a possible two shows in Mexico City, this NA leg will be huge. Possibly 1.4 to 1.5 million tickets sold and a gross of around $135-$140 million. Just a hunch.

I didn't include the gab between June 18-June 26 because that is obviously reserved for Glastonbury on June 22.

I was looking at the U.S. 2011 leg again and it is interesting that between each big gap May 24-June 1st, June 7-June 17, June 29-July 5, July 14-July 20, there lies a completely open weekend for a new concert even on a saturday.
Interesting. So what you're saying is that they took all the shows that they already sold tickets to and threw them onto weekdays.

Clever if true.

Interesting. So what you're saying is that they took all the shows that they already sold tickets to and threw them onto weekdays.

Clever if true.

Diabolical.
I smell Live Nation.

Can we assume that there will be an album released before the end of the year which will coincide with new NA dates being announced?

Clever if true.

Denver is on a Saturday
Seattle is on a Saturday
Aneheim is on a friday and saturday
East Lansing is on a Sunday
Montreal is on a friday and Saturday
Minneapolis is on a Saturday

Live Nation at least put 6 cities on weekends and left 4 more weekends open for new shows with plenty of time before and after the weekend for stage set up and take down. Pretty good rescheduling if you ask me..lol

i think they did a darn good job of taking last year's dates and keeping them pretty much on the same day of the week.

if they had just done it all willy-nilly, it may have meant not going to some of the shows i had tickets for.

Yeah I'm thankful that my Denver show is on a Saturday too..:) Salt Lake on the other hand..oh well..lol

Yeah I'm going to have 2 360 weekends with Anaheim and Montreal. I'm still considering New Meadowlands, but I would like to do a destination, fingers crossed for the final UK/IRE leg being true, otherwise I'd consider Mexico City if I can squirrel away some money in the coming months.

Can U2 be at Fenway park between Philly and Jersey??Because red sox schedule is out for 2011 and they are out of town during that time(July 11 to 21st ).I know some people think that the claw isn't a good fit for fenway but at least we know now that scheduling wise its not a problem.

...Could be interesting...

And btw,St-Louis would fit for a gig on July 1st if the rumours are true

:reject: Fingers crossed that FENWAY does not happen with the Claw. I love U2 but don't think that fenway would be a good fit at all.

:reject: Fingers crossed that FENWAY does not happen with the Claw. I love U2 but don't think that fenway would be a good fit at all.

There is absolutely positively no way the claw will be going into Fenway.

Take that to the bank!

A.)It wouldn't fit- not with the need to have a GA.

B.)Most importantly, the grounds manager would never, ever allow it. After the Stones' Bigger Bang tour stage(which would fit under the claw) tore up 3/4 of the outfield, the grounds manager insisted that he personally select the stage that was to be used for any future concerts. He selected a Stage Co generic, boring stage. That exact same stage has since been used by DMB, Phish, The Police, Neil Diamond, Paul McCartney and Aerosmith.

Even if it wasn't with the 360 claw, U2 would not be going to Fenway because they are not allowed to customize the stage at all. And customizing the stage is something that U2 hasn't been able to live without since Zoo TV.

Gillette sucks, but in terms of seeing a show, Fenway really is no better or even worse.

But Gillette is all we have, until the next arena tour anyway.

Unless they want to do a 12 night stand at the House of Blues.

I was soooooo hoping they were going to be able to work out putting the new stadium on the South Boston waterfront, would have been so much more convenient and you know, near stuff. As it turned out, first the people in Hartford put up a stink about the Patriots building there, then the people in South Boston did the same and so did the people of Foxboro, they just had the least ground to stand on as they already had the previous stadium there.

That would have been ideal!

A thug city councilor from Southie with about half of 1% of a brain in his head, Jimmy Kelly, was having none of that, though.

Wouldn't have mattered, except he happened to be council President at the time.

I was looking at the U.S. 2011 leg again and it is interesting that between each big gap May 24-June 1st, June 7-June 17, June 29-July 5, July 14-July 20, there lies a completely open weekend for a new concert even on a saturday. This also gives a minimum of 2-5 days between other shows. I think Live Nation set up the rescheduled leg just for this purpose so they can add 4 additional dates plus the pittsburg date on july 26th. If they do this, with a possible two shows in Mexico City, this NA leg will be huge. Possibly 1.4 to 1.5 million tickets sold and a gross of around $135-$140 million. Just a hunch.

I didn't include the gab between June 18-June 26 because that is obviously reserved for Glastonbury on June 22.

They've had some gaps in the Europe dates this fall too, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least a few new dates popped up at the last minute either.

That would have been ideal!

A thug city councilor from Southie with about half of 1% of a brain in his head, Jimmy Kelly, was having none of that, though.

Wouldn't have mattered, except he happened to be council President at the time.

:yes: :sad:.

Oh, and I think you should tell Paul McG about your 12-night-stand at HOB idea, I'd be there every night, :wave:.

*BUMP*

U2.com reveal Baltimore date - June 22 :)

Nice one guys (taken from Glastonbury 2011 article)

Looking at the tour dates - there is a gap in the band's schedule between the Baltimore show on June 22nd and East Lansing show on June 26th which would make the Friday night a possibility.

It's funny how u2.com edited that glastonbury article and took the baltimore show on the 22nd out..lol
Baltimore radio stations today report u2 will be playing at the Ravens Stadium on June 22nd 2011.

They changed it to East Lansing, so, screw up or leak?

If they return to the DC/Baltimore area, how can they not return to New England?

Now that some people are thinking about changing plans, watch it be a screw- up.

Back
Top Bottom