more US dates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dan Rooney isn't really a politician. His family owns the Pittsburgh Steelers and he's the team chairman. Obama appointed him to be Ambassador to Ireland only last year, so I don't think calling him a politican is really that accurate. He's Irish, likes U2, and wants them in his hometown. That's what I take it as.

Ok, Ambassador. Appointed by the President. Whatever he is, he just took away Minni as the closer in my eyes. I am bitter!:wink:

ETA: From your hometown location, I am guessing you like him a lot right now!:sexywink:

Ok, Ambassador. Appointed by the President. Whatever he is, he just took away Minni as the closer in my eyes. I am bitter!:wink:

ETA: From your hometown location, I am guessing you like him a lot right now!:sexywink:

Well, yes, that goes without saying. :love:

But the whole city loves the Rooney family, so whether this happened or not, he's pretty beloved.

Not by me! I'd love him if he got U2 to add a 2nd show in Minni though!:wink:

If Pittsburgh happens, that shoots Cleveland. There will be no need for Cleveland if there is a show in East Lansing and Pittsburgh, too close to both. I think U2 should consider their first show in Cincinnati since 1981. They'd pull in crowds from Columbus, Dayton, Indianapolis, Louisville, Lexington and all point in between.

Whole heartedly agree!!!!
I love traveling to see U2, but it sure would be nice to see them in my home town.

Im not sure why everyone is so surprised about them playing Pittsburgh. They have played here every other tour i believe. I think they even played here on the Boy tour at a place called the Decade.

They haven't skipped Wisconsin for as long as I've been a fan.

Tim

right? it's been a long time dream of mine that they'd play Lambeau. i thought there was a chance this time around since the renovation and U2 playing stadiums this tour. i don't think they'd have any problems selling it out. a lot of people from the Green Bay area would go just because they'd be excited that a big name act was coming to town. mix them in with all the diehards driving from all over the midwest region.

right? it's been a long time dream of mine that they'd play Lambeau. i thought there was a chance this time around since the renovation and U2 playing stadiums this tour. i don't think they'd have any problems selling it out. a lot of people from the Green Bay area would go just because they'd be excited that a big name act was coming to town. mix them in with all the diehards driving from all over the midwest region.

If not 2 shows in Minneapolis (which obviously would be filled heavily with Wisc. fans), I don't see why a Green Bay show wouldn't work.

Hell, if the timing worked, I would go to Lambeau just to see it sans Packers. :D

oh shat, it's Michael Mitchel!

Here's to hoping they play Wild Horses at some point during this tour...preferably Anaheim :pray:

Can U2 be at Fenway park between Philly and Jersey??Because red sox schedule is out for 2011 and they are out of town during that time(July 11 to 21st ).I know some people think that the claw isn't a good fit for fenway but at least we know now that scheduling wise its not a problem.

...Could be interesting...

And btw,St-Louis would fit for a gig on July 1st if the rumours are true

Can U2 be at Fenway park between Philly and Jersey??Because red sox schedule is out for 2011 and they are out of town during that time(July 11 to 21st ).I know some people think that the claw isn't a good fit for fenway but at least we know now that scheduling wise its not a problem.

Nationals Park in Washington DC wide open that week as well

(All MLB stadiums available 11-13th for the All Star Game - except Phoenix, obviously)

DC/Baltimore has a hold. Meaning that it might happen... might not happen. If the show were to held, it would be either at Fed Ex Field or M&T Bank Stadium.

Nationals Park in Washington DC wide open that week as well

(All MLB stadiums available 11-13th for the All Star Game - except Phoenix, obviously)

11-13 isn't long enough to restore a field and get the claw in and out. would have to be a team with a long road trip ala Red Sox as previously mentioned.

11-13 isn't long enough to restore a field and get the claw in and out. would have to be a team with a long road trip ala Red Sox as previously mentioned.

I know. The Nationals are gone the entire week. I was just mentioning that all teams already had those 3 days built in.

...Could be interesting...

And btw,St-Louis would fit for a gig on July 1st if the rumours are true

The claw not working in Fenway isn't an opinion it's a plain fact to anyone that's seen 360 and been to Fenway. If they're going to come back to New England in 2011, it will be in Gillette, sure the Ticketmaster poll showed how angry people were with the traffic (myself included although I didn't cast a 'no' vote) but they'd come back anyway, in droves.

Yea what Harvard grad decided to make ONE road out of the stadium AND have road construction? I didn't get to my friends house til 1 a.m. and was falling asleep at the wheel.

Yea what Harvard grad decided to make ONE road out of the stadium AND have road construction? I didn't get to my friends house til 1 a.m. and was falling asleep at the wheel.

I live 80 minutes away from Foxboro - even when the Patriots play and I go it takes me 80 minutes to get home.

I got home at 5 AM the second night and 4 AM the first night. class was not fun the next day.

I was soooooo hoping they were going to be able to work out putting the new stadium on the South Boston waterfront, would have been so much more convenient and you know, near stuff. As it turned out, first the people in Hartford put up a stink about the Patriots building there, then the people in South Boston did the same and so did the people of Foxboro, they just had the least ground to stand on as they already had the previous stadium there.

Now we know the Mexico City date(s) will be before Denver. We also have a somewhat solid rumor that Pittsburgh will be on July 26, after Minneapolis. Two tour stops checked off the list, and still none of the gaps in the current US/Canada leg have been filled. What would possibly be going on between SLC 5/24 and Edmonton 6/1, or Oakland 6/7-LA 6/17!! Some really big gaps in there, hopefully they fill them up with something.

Now we know the Mexico City date(s) will be before Denver. We also have a somewhat solid rumor that Pittsburgh will be on July 26, after Minneapolis. Two tour stops checked off the list, and still none of the gaps in the current US/Canada leg have been filled. What would possibly be going on between SLC 5/24 and Edmonton 6/1, or Oakland 6/7-LA 6/17!! Some really big gaps in there, hopefully they fill them up with something.

I know this is the US thread, but Glastonbury is probably going to fit in there somewhere, isn't it?
Seems quite likely they'll play the festival.

Being a greedy dude from So Cal, the band could squeeze in a show in San Diego before Anaheim. Wasn't San Diego a potential location in some of the pre-tour announcement rumors? The Padres are in town until Sunday 6/12 so I don't know if that is enough time to set up the claw @ Petco for a mid-week concert. But Qualcom Stadium should be available in June since no football during this time of the year.

Wishful thinking...

Back
Top Bottom