More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one who posted the dates on the Spanish forum.

Honestly, how can someone make a joke about something like this? If he's really joking, what does he deserve...? :crack:

Ugh, really? :|

Anyone who makes up stuff like that in a fandom hungry for news deserves a mass shunning.

I like the cut of his jib and I'm booking hotels. An unconfirmed rumour is better than nothing. In fact i'm going to book as many Dublin hotels as my CC will allow then when this becomes fact sell them on Ebay.

:lol:

I shall hold on to my optimism. What the hell - I remain adamant in my new album optimism, and I've got plenty of room for Dublin optimism as well.

The dates must be true? Surely nobody would go to the trouble of checking stadium availability and claw logistics to draw up a false schedule?

I'm Spanish, the guy is kidding and it is perfectly known by everybody within the context of the conversation, I wonder how you can believe a random fan in Spain can have the places and dates for a tour leg that has not even been announced.

I don't know, how does anyone ever have rumored information? some people do actually "know people," or have connections that "know people." It wouldn't surprise me to have actual rumored dates floating around long before an official announcement.

Also: :grumpy: Damn it.

If the webmaster in that site says something, then we can have some hope, he's very well connected, but it is just a comment in the forum by a regular member and he makes it clear he's just joking.

Yeah, it's a shame paulrg couldn't have seen that part before bringing the info over here, although of course he did say he couldn't confirm the reliability.

I know my peevishness is irrational; it was just a rumor to begin with. But still! :scream:

Well, I still think we will have a new European leg just because they have missed Madrid and I don't think they want to miss the AVIVA stadium in Dublin. There are many rumours floating around, so there must be something in there, they are waiting to have a new album, that is the condition sine qua non, I think.

Problem is most of them completley unfounded and start on here:lol:

I know :lol:, still if there is a new album they have to present it in Europe, I can't think of an album not toured in Europe and I don't believe they are going on tour again in 2012 for album released in May 2011, it makes no sense. So I say:

New album in May = 3rd European leg in 2011

No new album in May = maybe no new album until October 2012/ tour spring - summer 2013

Looking at past tours, I don't think U2 will be touring in 2013. Maybe 2014 or 2015, they usually three to four years off. And the new album may come out before the end of 2011 or early 2012.

Yeah, it's a shame paulrg couldn't have seen that part before bringing the info over here, although of course he did say he couldn't confirm the reliability.

I know my peevishness is irrational; it was just a rumor to begin with. But still! :scream:

I'm sorry. I don't really know Spanish and was just hunting (desperately) for any Europe date rumours and that forum has been good for news snippets in the past. I had no idea the guy was messing about. When I came across these dates I checked them out for each venue and they seemed quite possible - no scheduling conflicts. I even checked availability of hotels near Aviva Stadium for that weekend and a couple of the nearest ones, which are very average hotels, were asking c. $200-250/ night - the same as some of the best five stars in Dublin which gave (and still gives me) some hope!

Usually when someone is just larking about with dates on a forum they make it pretty obvious by e.g. adding Antarctica to the list or by listing a dumb schedule/impractical venues.

I just hope it turns out to be half true or at least gives the guys at Live Nation a prod to make some sort of announcement. Getting desperate here!:doh:

I'm sorry. I don't really know Spanish and was just hunting (desperately) for any Europe date rumours and that forum has been good for news snippets in the past.

I don't know Spanish either but I put it in google translator and it wasn't 100% obvious (for me at least) that it was just ... well I can hardly make myself write 'joke' :| (maybe I missed something).

A lot of the markets visited on the 2009 Euro tour might have recharged their demand after 2 years. If U2 had a hit album/single during ticket sales, thing would be even better. They could probably do a decent sized leg, really.

Dublin- 2, maybe 3?
Belfast- 1
Edinburgh- 1
London- 2? If the album is a hit, then maybe.
Another show in England, somewhere.
Amsterdam-2
Rumored Bucharest show.
1 show in Eastern Europe- Split? Belgrade? Sofia?
Stockholm- 1
France-1 (Lyon, perhaps? Or Paris again, why not? Sold out everytime so far.)
Italy- 1. Florence?
Madrid?
Norway- I know there's not a sufficient stadium, so they say, but if they want the $ bad enough, they'll make it happen. Look at the venue in Horsens, for example. If they're playing places like that, they might as well play the grandstand at my local county fair!
Prague? The only stadium big enough is the 200,000 Strohav Stadium, so maybe not.

One could say demand has been met for places like Sweden, France, Spain and Italy based on the # of shows, and normally that'd be right. However, this is spread out over 3 summers. I think in each other these countries they could do one show based on the fact that it's been an entire year or more since they toured there. Combine that with the fact that the new album might restart and reboot demand for U2, and you could be looking at more shows.

One thing is for sure... demand has probably been met and exceeded in Germany.

They could go to Oslo this time around. Instead of Valle Hovin, there's nearby Ullevaal.

Other than that, I think they should focus on smaller stadiums this time around if they return to countries like England + The Netherlands - especially if they return to London + Amsterdam. If they go to Belfast..hell, that might be a repeat of Perth and Nashville - fast ticket sales, considering they haven't been there since Popmart.

Portugal, Croatia and Switzerland were 3 of the fastest selling gigs on the European legs so far. They could easily sell out in Portugal again and the feeling in Croatia was similar. Switzerland does well in drawing in fans from neighbouring countries. 2 or 3 Eastern European shows ought to be on the cards as well - Hungary, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania etc. surely some of the stadiums in these countries would be worth a visit.

I don't know Spanish either but I put it in google translator and it wasn't 100% obvious (for me at least) that it was just ... well I can hardly make myself write 'joke' :| (maybe I missed something).

You have to read the whole conversation to get it, it is not exactly they were kidding, they were kind of daydreaming like we sometimes do here, at the end one of them says "you've forgotten Madrid" and the other answers something like "oh, yes, they should be going to Madrid as well". This is a situation similar to when one of us writes a fake press article, everybody knows what it is here, but somebody from the outside who doesn't speak English very well may think it's a real one, nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom