Marijuana and U2 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jschaibly

Babyface
I am a pot smoker and a huge U2 fan. I have smoked weed at many U2 shows in the past and I am wondering if anybody has smoked,or plan on smoking, during any of the 360 shows.

Here is my guess: overall not so much. U2, as we know, are very spiritual and only Adam smokes (probably doesn't anymore). Many fans, I believe, think that drugs get in the way of U2's message (miracle drug, anyone?).

I just hope I am not the only one who prefers a little enhancement of the experience. I also hope that my enjoyment doesn't bother anyone. Tickets are expensive and seeing U2 live is a "spiritual journey" and I don't wanna piss off anyone too much.

So, what do you think?

I am impressed that this is your first post. Welcome to IF!!!

Otherwise I have nothing to add to this thread.

*pureasthedrivensnow* :angel:

I am a pot smoker and a huge U2 fan. I have smoked weed at many U2 shows in the past and I am wondering if anybody has smoked,or plan on smoking, during any of the 360 shows.

Here is my guess: overall not so much. U2, as we know, are very spiritual and only Adam smokes (probably doesn't anymore). Many fans, I believe, think that drugs get in the way of U2's message (miracle drug, anyone?).

I just hope I am not the only one who prefers a little enhancement of the experience. I also hope that my enjoyment doesn't bother anyone. Tickets are expensive and seeing U2 live is a "spiritual journey" and I don't wanna piss off anyone too much.

So, what do you think?

Simple solution:

Space cake.

:)

Space cake is a good option but usually it is too strong and makes me sick. Has anyone smelled the combustion products of the wacky tobacky on this tour yet? If so, alot or not so much?

I dont smoke it, but it was flowing freely in Europe!
Doesn't bother me at all.
Much prefer that smell to the cigarettes people were chowing down in Europe.
Especially in France. They were going nuts there. Not the greatest thing when you've lined up under the sun all day and about to pass out from sunstroke :)

I dont smoke it, but it was flowing freely in Europe!
Doesn't bother me at all.
Much prefer that smell to the cigarettes people were chowing down in Europe.
Especially in France. They were going nuts there. Not the greatest thing when you've lined up under the sun all day and about to pass out from sunstroke :)

I read a fan-review somewhere of the amsterdam show wherein it was claimed that mj was for sale at the concessions lol.

Which serves as intro, even if it's a bogus story, to saying that I'd imagine the local tolerances are the biggest issue, no? More than U2 specific? I'd much prefer the pot to ciggie smoke if you were creating combustion products in my vicinity!

I read a fan-review somewhere of the amsterdam show wherein it was claimed that mj was for sale at the concessions lol.

Which serves as intro, even if it's a bogus story, to saying that I'd imagine the local tolerances are the biggest issue, no? More than U2 specific? I'd much prefer the pot to ciggie smoke if you were creating combustion products in my vicinity!

Yeah definitely agree. Security didnt care at all in Europe.
I remember in Paris there was a guy behind me smoking a joint and the security was pointing in our direction flailing his arms at us. The guy behind me was worried and showed him the joint inferring whether he should put it out.

The guard pointed to the girl shoulder riding further back and nodded to the guy behind me to go on freely.

My only warning is dont smoke too much! The girl next to me in Milan rolled about three hash joints and passed out about halfway through the set... I think it was during SBS were everyone is jumping up and down like crazy.
Not worth missing the show for in my opinion.

I'm definitely not against adults doing what they will with their own bodies, but I've never understood the need to alter your consciousness at any show that you have paid to see. Call me cheap, but if I'm paying for it, by god, I want to remember it!

I was at a concert last night, there were alot of smokers around me...didn't bother me one bit, but it made my friends eyes tear throughout the entire show..

I'm definitely not against adults doing what they will with their own bodies, but I've never understood the need to alter your consciousness at any show that you have paid to see. Call me cheap, but if I'm paying for it, by god, I want to remember it!

I have found that many times this very much enhances the live show when seeing a number of different bands.

I am not much of a jam band fan, but at the shows I do go to, altered experiences can be very much incredible.

A few of the shows where I was, uh, a bit sideways were Tool, Parliament (religious experience) and Pink Floyd (yes, dating myself.)

Now, I would agree that immediate memories of those shows are terrible, but they do come back over the years. The experience, however, of seeing a band with an incredible video, light and sound show like Tool is just something else.

I cannot recommend to anyone, but if there was a U2 tour that I would consider this, it would be ths one.

I guess that is the beauty of having tickets to multiple shows...

:wink:

I saw Bob Dylan back in 2000. The entire arena was filled with smoke. Crazyness. I don't smoke the stuff, but believe it or not, I kinda like the smell. But, again, I don't smoke it. Call me weird if you want about the smell part. Maybe it's cause it reminds me of concerts

SMB

With U2, I really want a clear head when the show starts. I don't need weed or alcohol at a U2 show. However, I have nothing against other people smoking whatever they want to smoke, as long as they're not blowing the stuff directly in my face. In Milan, a lot of people surrounding me were smoking pot. Personally, I wouldn't. The music is better than pot.

god i cannot stand people who smoke anything during a concert. especially since i'm a little under the weather too, it wasn't fun having to randomly suppress a coughing fit.

:lol:

Are you sure that shouldn't be *pureastheheavilydrivenonsnow*? :wink:
Who you've been talking to??? :shifty:

Actually, would it ruin my cred to say I'm too cheap to indulge in such practices? When you're forking out more than 100 bucks for a ticket, you wanna remember as much of the experience as you can! :sigh:

fuck that shit right off. i don't care about people being high or whatever, good for you. but get that smoke away from me, it stinks worse than cigarettes.

i did laugh at the irony of only being able to smell smoke during shit like stuck in a moment and one. you'd need more than weed to ever enjoy those songs, though.

I think you're confusing "spiritual" with "CONSERVATIVE AS FUCK".

Some guys were sharing spliffs in front of me at the one U2 show I've been to. Hutdab actually sounds really good when you're stoned, so does most of the 90's material, so hey guys, what's the problem?

But yeah, if you don't like the smoke or the smell, I imagine it's a bit of a prick. I can't stand cigarettes, f'instance.

I have not been to a show yet and wont until Charlottesville, but I can tell you that if there is a pot smoker in the audience, I can guarantee that they will be right beside me. Seems like every concert I go to has the pot smoker right beside me. :)

not really a big smoking fan but im happy for peoplw to do what they want. At the glasgow gig two guys next to me where smoked about 4 joints and i didnt really appreciate it. I thiink if your gonna smoke it, maybe move away from everyone.

In Boston it won't be illegal, it's only a ticket violation if it's under 1 ounce...won't stop me in NY either:drool:

That's bullshit. We have a smoking ban since july 2008, even though that does not include Mariuhana we do usually put tobacco in our spliffys. Which means they're banned as well.
And the stadium has a roof, so smoking is banned in general. Ofcourse people can't stop it when you're in the middle of a crowd.

I found it humourous that there were more ppl smoking pot in Paris than in Amsterdam. In Dublin I didn't smell it at all.

Local tolerance is definitely more important. I myself like the smell, but I can understand people not wanting it near them.

Oh and the whole band smokes except for Adam now.

To the original poster: you seem like someone who is considerate of others so how about just monitoring the behavior of those around you if you smoke - if you notice that someone is shooting you dirty looks or coughing or rubbing their eyes, ask if it bothers them and if they say yes, apologize and move away from them.

And please don't do it if there are kids around you.

I don't smoke, don't advocate it, but would however find it hilarious to see the inner circle filled with 3,000 of these
U2-Walk-On-2009-360-Tour-Mask_08465AF7.jpg

with joints hanging out of their mouths.

Back
Top Bottom