Live sound set up on tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just skimmed it quickly, looks fantastic! bookmarked for later, can't wait to read it

yes I think it is very interesting because as fans sometimes we don't think about what it takes to create the sound (that sounds good) in wide open spaces. It is a real challenge for the engineering team.

These were some of the best sounding shows I have ever heard. Actually for a stadium show the sound was mind blowing. So a big + 1 to all involved. Bugger The Claw. You could stand there (GA of course) and shut your eyes and simply be totally blown away by what you heard. When is the next tour...

U2 have spoiled me. Now I have a hard time going to most concerts because they sound miserable compared to 360.

I've heard 360 from the inner circle, from halfway across GA, and in the nosebleeds at the back, and I've never heard a better concert! Like digitize said above, everything else isn't going to sound as good.

andrewcowley said:
these were some of the best sounding shows i have ever heard. Actually for a stadium show the sound was mind blowing. So a big + 1 to all involved. Bugger the claw. You could stand there (ga of course) and shut your eyes and simply be totally blown away by what you heard. When is the next tour...

The only place the sound was less than stellar in the GA section was the very front row.

Why? Is the front row some kind of sound dampener for the rest of GA...

or are there just too many screaming chicks in the front row? :lol:

The front row is ever so slightly behind the overhead stacks so the imaging is a bit off and you get some conflict from the stage monitors. I noticed it more the further 'around the curve' ie away from Bono's position I went.

Back
Top Bottom