Light Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2387

Refugee
Is it just me, or is the light show different and better(like, much better) for certain songs this leg?

Magnificent and Mysterious Ways stand out for sure in this department!

A lot of batman type off yellow lights which look really good with smoke seemed to be present throughout!

Anyone else notice this?

I noticed too.

1) Stingray and Beautiful Day fully lit with Stadium Lights, love it, kept simple and basic, yet does wonders for the venue's atmosphere. Stingray rocks btw!

2) Magnificent looks like a big burning ball of fire!

3) Mysterious Ways definately looks more elaborate, the colors really do compliment the song's mood well!

4) Love the new video screen animation in The Unforgetable Fire! A lot brighter and more 3-D activity embedded within!

5) Crazy/Discotheque looks like a computerized synthesizer gone wild, love it!

6) Where The Streets Have No Name looks alive once again, like it is breathing, and reminds me a lot of Rattle and Hum's backlit red setting.

My only wish is that HMTMKMKM would not resemble UV so much, maybe B's laser jacket light's can be changed from "red" to "yellow", HMTMKMKM can definately go all out in abusing of The Claw (and it should) ! ...btw where is the batman/bono logo in all of this, I don't think it made an appearance in Torino? ...for the record...I believe both songs should be played (sensory overload ...yes...but i'll take it)

...anyhow...these are a couple things that i've noticed so far, and for the most part, I approve lol then again, I am sure I will be blown away by Willy Williams once again!

after seeing a video of HMTMKMKM, I think they should move it like BEFORE Until The End Of The World... and return to UV in the encore

HMTMKMKM needs Bono moving and jumping in the rail

OH MY GOD @ the new video effects for Crazy/the Elevation-style opening with the stadium lights on/the improved lighting on Streets/North Star in the dark with cellphone lights/the psychedelic disco that is Mysterious Ways/JUST THE WHOLE SHOW. July 5th, 2011 can't come fast enough. :drool:

I noticed too.

1) Stingray and Beautiful Day fully lit with Stadium Lights, love it, kept simple and basic, yet does wonders for the venue's atmosphere. Stingray rocks btw!

2) Magnificent looks like a big burning ball of fire!

3) Mysterious Ways definately looks more elaborate, the colors really do compliment the song's mood well!

4) Love the new video screen animation in The Unforgetable Fire! A lot brighter and more 3-D activity embedded within!

5) Crazy/Discotheque looks like a computerized synthesizer gone wild, love it!

6) Where The Streets Have No Name looks alive once again, like it is breathing, and reminds me a lot of Rattle and Hum's backlit red setting.

My only wish is that HMTMKMKM would not resemble UV so much, maybe B's laser jacket light's can be changed from "red" to "yellow", HMTMKMKM can definately go all out in abusing of The Claw (and it should) ! ...btw where is the batman/bono logo in all of this, I don't think it made an appearance in Torino? ...for the record...I believe both songs should be played (sensory overload ...yes...but i'll take it)

...anyhow...these are a couple things that i've noticed so far, and for the most part, I approve lol then again, I am sure I will be blown away by Willy Williams once again!

I think it would be cool if the show started with Space Oddity/Soon, then the lights turn off, and the show begins with Stingray, you see Bono dancing across the stage, but not use Beautiful Day after. Use a song that can transition well and keep the momentum going.

I agree. They should change Bono's laser jacket and the wheelmic color to yellow when HMTMKMKM is playing (would look pretty sweet), then if they decide to bring back UV, they change it to red, and WOWY whichever color. That would be a powerful encore to end the show.

Other than that, the light show has improved alot.

Upon viewing more videos of the Torino gig, I realized, that a "big" difference, (besides the change in colors and screen's visuals), is the ADDITION of LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of "smoke" throughout the concert...great thinking Willy!

One thing that i noticed, on Streets, the claw lights didn't go up when the drums kicked in like they did on the Rose Bowl DVD and have done every single show so far. If Beautiful Day is still the opener when the start of the show is in pitch black, then they should return to the elevation light show for Beautiful Day where the lights come on the chorus.

Back
Top Bottom