Let's give the Tour's ginormous tent-thing a name! - The Claw...it's official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should the ginormous tent-thing be called?

• Total voters
I'm thinking STRIDER

I dunno.....

strider2.gif

OMG, this is the funniest thread I've read in years!

Guantaflope? I absolutely love this word.

Guantafallopians, n. those who make it inside the Guantaflope.

Other suggestions:

Boot Camp
The Juicer (search Phillipe Starck's juicer - I can't post a photo)

wait wtf....wasn't there supposed to be a giant spaceship or some shit? all I see is this fuckin' crab thing :confused:

Has the "Glass Spider" name ever been used before?

David Bowie had the Glass Spider Tour in 1987 I believe it was.
That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this U2 stage set up. He had a giant glass spider draped over the stage. It was at one end of the stadium, not 360 degrees, but otherwise kind of similar looking.

ETA:
699403963_a60f6fde77.jpg

I think thats a picture of the arena version, stadium version was of course bigger.

David Bowie had the Glass Spider Tour in 1987 I believe it was.
That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this U2 stage set up. He had a giant glass spider draped over the stage. It was at one end of the stadium, not 360 degrees, but otherwise kind of similar looking.

ETA:
699403963_a60f6fde77.jpg

I think thats a picture of the arena version, stadium version was of course bigger.

I thought the same thing when i saw it. I remember the bowie tour too. I was just a kid, but my mom is a huge fan and went. He has a thick scottish accent, so she told security that she came all the way from scotland just to see the concert (we really lived about 25 mins away from toronto at the time) and he let her right up front lol. Sneaky lady!

I thought the same thing when i saw it. I remember the bowie tour too. I was just a kid, but my mom is a huge fan and went. He has a thick scottish accent, so she told security that she came all the way from scotland just to see the concert (we really lived about 25 mins away from toronto at the time) and he let her right up front lol. Sneaky lady!

OK People, it's time to translate all this talk into action! We need to start plugging our chosen name (ex. Guantaflope) as much as possible. You just have to be in agreement that the name "Crab" is lame and gives off scary vibes. I'm also convinced that a more positive name will contribute to a more positive experience for all...

Let's know that the Guantaflope* was named here, at interference.com.

* Sub in other name if appropriate

Back
Top Bottom