Let's give the Tour's ginormous tent-thing a name! - The Claw...it's official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What should the ginormous tent-thing be called?

• Total voters
"the rotating vision obstructer"

What do you think? I'm so excited knowing no matter where i sit, there's a good chance i'll now get to enjoy a huge pole in my way off and on, cool, and thanks for continuing to fix things that aren't broken U2.

Oh man, I didn't even realize the Guantaflope would be rotating... come to think of it, what's the point? Why not just have a small segment of folk have an obstructed view (or just not sell the seats angled at the Guantaflopesupports)? What really are we going to get out of this rotating stage? It's probably going to make Bono et al. dizzy, I bet they didn't even think of that yet.

Crabs don't rotate in a circle, Revolvingguantaflopes do though...

Oh man, I didn't even realize the Guantaflope would be rotating... come to think of it, what's the point? Why not just have a small segment of folk have an obstructed view (or just not sell the seats angled at the Guantaflopesupports)? What really are we going to get out of this rotating stage? It's probably going to make Bono et al. dizzy, I bet they didn't even think of that yet.

Crabs don't rotate in a circle, Revolvingguantaflopes do though...

I am thoroughly enjoying your usage of Guantaflope as if its commonplace

is there even a chance in hell this thing won't be broken during half the shows, what a joke

The aforementioned arcade game, claw device is called:
Claw vending machine, plush crane machine, UFO catcher, candy crane, claw crane, claw machine, arcade claw, crane game, grabber machine, skill crane and skill tester)
Source: Claw vending machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apollo 9's Lunar Module looks very similar (as pointed out by other guy). Doesn't mean we have to call it the "Spider", we don't have to misname it like NASA did... "Lunar Module" is a pretty cool name.

We need to brainstorm, make a choice, and then refer to it as such. Sicy, if you're on board, then we've have some necessary influence!

I just thought of something quasi-brilliant! The other feature of the Guantaflope is that it rotates! The Guantaflope rotates around U2... it's like a metaphor for the world revolving around U2, or perhaps how Bono thinks it revolves around him. OK, BEFORE SOME NEWSPAPER MAKES THIS ANALOGY RECALL THAT YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. I'M THE ONE THAT CAME UP WITH THE "REVOLVING AROUND U2" METAPHOR. So, I guess to make the metaphor accurate, the Guantaflope has to equate to the World.

I got it:

Earth*

* I like Guantaflope better

The stage: The Crab
The GA fans: Molluscs

It is too late to stop the Crab Analogy.

I just noticed something from the 3d animations. There is nothing connecting the main stage to the catwalk. How will they get there? Will the guantaflope have phalange from which the band can swing?

I just noticed something from the 3d animations. There is nothing connecting the main stage to the catwalk. How will they get there? Will the guantaflope have phalange from which the band can swing?

That must be where the spaceship comes in. :drool:

Maybe the guantocrab comes with an anti-gravity device or something.

The band will be deposited onto the catwalk via the crab's legs. Each leg has gonopores, or tiny openings, suitable for depositing sperm (or U2) onto the catwalk for fertilization.

Back
Top Bottom