Las Vegas End of Presale/General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll buy any GA's that you got!! I was shut out!

I was on a couple of hours before the sale and got on right away and never saw a single GA. I was shut out on the presale, too.

If anyone has two to sell I would be ever so grateful.

I've been a fan for over 20 years, if that helps. :wave:

So do you no longer want my extra GA?

If you have an extra GA, I'd be happy to buy it.

I was going on info from the ad in the LA Weekly that said the tickets would be sold on Live Nation | Concert Tickets and Concert Tour Dates and in small print it also mentioned UNLVtickets.com. I felt Livenation would be a better site to try it on and I also had unlvtickets opened. Livenation only directs you to Tickmaster who is not selling the tickets, so I ended up wasting precious time doing that site first, then when I tried on unlvtickets.com, there were no GAs remaining.

Dont give up, keep trying. People's credit cards might phail and they can get thrown back in.

Frankly, I'm surprised this show isn't sold out already, given its one of the smallest venues of the tour. What.. 35,000 or so?

Frankly, I'm surprised this show isn't sold out already, given its one of the smallest venues of the tour. What.. 35,000 or so?

37,000 in the stands + what ever they can fit on the field for General admission.

When U2 played here on ZOO TV there was only 27,000 people at the show. U2 played an arena show here on the Joshua Tree tour that only sold 8,000 tickets out of the 10,000 available. Popmart soldout the stadium, but that was the first show of the tour. Arena shows on Elevation and Vertigo soldout.

I wonder if many people are unaware that tickets are available through the UNLV site and not ticketmaster.

Wow, did I get lucky :drool: I scored a seat in 106, Row 2. I'm orbiting right now...soooo happy.

This, after paying $2000 for 4 GA's last Vertigo tour, 2 for each night. First night, got stuck behind someone 7' tall (no joke, and I'm 5'2) So disheartened by that exp. I sold 2nd night at a loss.

Got shut out in the presale the other day after I 'looked' at tickets it said I used my code.

Managed to wind up in the waiting room and decided to go straight away for the sideline. Scored! Went back in for a GA for the hell of it and they weren't there.

Am bidding on RZ currently but looking at the seat chart, I don't think I could have done much better at all. Looks like I'm just a hop and skip from where I'd be if I got in the zone. With a seat, no less! :drool:

Last edited:
37,000 in the stands + what ever they can fit on the field for General admission.

When U2 played here on ZOO TV there was only 27,000 people at the show. U2 played an arena show here on the Joshua Tree tour that only sold 8,000 tickets out of the 10,000 available. Popmart soldout the stadium, but that was the first show of the tour. Arena shows on Elevation and Vertigo soldout.

I wonder if many people are unaware that tickets are available through the UNLV site and not ticketmaster.

Hmmm..if thats the case, then perhaps Vegas isn't as high a demand market as previously thought.....except for GAs that is. :hmm:

My poor friend didn't know TM wasn't selling these tickets so was hovering at the site since 9am so she could get GAs and by 10:15 am was wondering why it kept saying tickets weren't available. She checked u2.com and it didn't have a link to the tickets either. Thank God I finally got her text around 10:18 am and told her about UNLV tix. Then she went in and obviously no GAs were left but she pulled up $30 tix but because she didn't have an account yet it wouldn't let her do the transaction! I ended up doing it for her and got her 2 $30 tix in Sec 216, Row 30, Seat 6-7. I told her they were pretty good seats-is that true? Looking at the awesome seat map on this forum it looks like they are! These are actually for a friend of hers who was unfortunately flying to the East Coast from Seattle at the time of the sale. Hope he is ok with not getting GA's! She was pretty bummed about the whole deal. anybody know why u2.com doesn't even say where the tickets are on sale?

ok, i give up. just stopped trying.

listen, i tried the phone lines too, and that was super easy to get thru to. i kept making him check for GA on the ph, but never pulled any.

anyway, the dude cust srvc rep, was very helpful!

i found out/confirmed that UNLV tix ARE outsourced to Comcast. what happened in the presale and today, it that UNLV handles it's tickets in house, but once their system is overwhelmed it kicks you over to what's called "Ticketline" which is owned by Comcast. then ticketline handles all the overflow calls, and internet orders! he checked on my presale status, and saw NOTHING PENDING:shocked: which freaked me out! :no: however, he said i was probably sold my presale tix thru unlv and never got booted to the comcast system so he couldn't look up my order! :scratch:

OH! and he talked to a supervisor for me about the whole priority mail thing and how our confirmations say the tix won't be sent til one month before the show. his supervisor said since they are forcing us to have priority mail for this concert, the tickets SHOULD be sent in 2 to 14 business days!!! :drool: priority mail was the only option today as well, and he said that's irregular, but it's in the contract for this show! :shrug:

so....don't know if any of that is helpful but thought i'd pass along! :wave:

I wonder if it's because it wasn't a TM sale, or Live Nation even, which I thought they would be available on. I had all 3 pulled up at 10am, and UNLV was the only one that was selling (aside from TM's auction)

The only ad I saw was in yesterday's paper and there was a commercial on last night.

I think it will be a sell out, and you'll see..it'll be the usual Vegas markup for the brokers.

Ok, confirmation email received. Took an hour and 18 minutes. Not that I was watching the clock or anything. :wink:

Hey, did anyone notice that unlike the presale, you could choose another shipping method? Only 1 other choice though - will call. And they still wanted to charge you ($7.50 I think). Hmmm, charge me to go stand in line and pick up my own tickets. :no:

I wonder if it's because it wasn't a TM sale, or Live Nation even, which I thought they would be available on. I had all 3 pulled up at 10am, and UNLV was the only one that was selling (aside from TM's auction)

The only ad I saw was in yesterday's paper and there was a commercial on last night.

I think it will be a sell out, and you'll see..it'll be the usual Vegas markup for the brokers.

agreed. and i'm sure it being on unlv caused most "normal" people to miss the first few minutes to half hour. think about who knew up front about this being unlv....just u2 fans on msg boards. and until Miringeltje and i mentioned it looks like it's unlv, most people on interference still thought it would be TM or LN...so i'm SURE non diehards might still be confused as to where to go!

kaffy? any luck?!! :hug:

there are still seats...better to have a ticket than to not know you're getting in. i suggest picking up a 30$ one so you're in the door at least. then if you find a ga between now and day of, you can always sell your seat!

there are still seats...better to have a ticket than to not know you're getting in. i suggest picking up a 30$ one so you're in the door at least. then if you find a ga between now and day of, you can always sell your seat!

:yes: QFT!

This is exactly what I'm doing for the Rose Bowl show (except I bought a $56 seat instead of $30) and I got a GA for Rose Bowl since then. So this plan works! :D

You should be able to check your presale order via the UNLV account. I can see my order there and my CC has already been charged.

my cc has been charged, but tickets have not been printed. does anyone who bought presale tix show that their tix have been printed yet??? when you look at your order history thru unlv, there is a spot for tix being printed.

Back
Top Bottom