''Kiss the Future'' Tour (now named U2 360° Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say...ALL stadiums in the fall? I can't think of any enclosed stadiums in my neck of the woods (NYC/Philly markets), and even if they start here in September, that's no guarantee...heck, I've been to outdoor shows in May and August with terrible cold snaps. No fun. :huh:

I'm going to be watching the announcement closely...

(Oh, and I DESPISE stadium tours. I've been to three of them and felt so disconnected from the show that I wondered why I bothered showing up.)

Seems like many people's disdain of the lottery system is based on the fact that they didn't get in the ellipse. I went to many shows on both the Elevation and Vertigo tours, got into the heart / ellipse a few times on each tour. I had just as much fun when I didn't get in. During the Vertigo tour when I didn't get in because of the lottery, was I disappointed? Maybe a little. Was I bitter and unable to have a good time? Absolutely not. A few shows I decided to hang out back by the sound board, and those were some of the best. I think it's nice that everyone basically had a fair chance with the lottery, and I am sure the band appreciates looking at a different excited face now and then. Although I met some terrific people in those all-day GA lines, the part that wasn't fun was the arguments I witnessed and the unofficial "line police" telling people where they were allowed to sit (fortunately I wasn't ever personally involved with either of those things).

It's not just a matter of getting into the heart/ellipse. It's also a matter of time and price.

Why pay a scalper $250 for a GA, wait outside all day and wind up either far back or be pushed and shoved (because you didn't get into the ellipse) when I can pay $250 for a "luxury" seat, be just as close to the band, not have to wait outside all day and always have your seat reserved? You leave your GA spot for drinks or bathroom and good luck getting it back. Leave your seat - it's there waiting for you.

Now, if waiting outside all day meant getting into the heart, as it did on the Elevation tour, then yeah, I'm willing to do that. Inside the heart, I wasn't pushed or shoved, I had a great time and I was even able to leave to use the bathroom or get a drink. I was even there at the famous Elevation show where one of our members lifted up Bono on stage. But my Vertigo experiences made GA not worthwhile at all. The concert was good, but I could enjoy the concert just as much for a cheaper seat.

It's not just a matter of getting into the heart/ellipse. It's also a matter of time and price.

Why pay a scalper $250 for a GA, wait outside all day and wind up either far back or be pushed and shoved (because you didn't get into the ellipse) when I can pay $250 for a "luxury" seat, be just as close to the band, not have to wait outside all day and always have your seat reserved? You leave your GA spot for drinks or bathroom and good luck getting it back. Leave your seat - it's there waiting for you.

You're getting soft.

Maybe we can meet up! :). I live under an hour from Soldier Field so hearing that they are going to in fact play there makes me VERY happy! :hyper: Plan on doing GA also so will be one of those getting there early due to being short.

If they are opening on a Saturday in Chicago, there may be a chance that I can see them.:hyper:

Apologize if this has been posted somewhere else:

"Sometimes we read snips and tidbits around the web about concert tours that may or may not be true, but they are always interesting. We bring these juicy nuggets of information to you with a warning that we don’t claim any of them to be true, we don’t back up any of the claims, and we strongly recommend that that you wait for official announcements. That being said, here are some rumored locations:

U2 probable US cities:
New York, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, San Diego, Philadelphia, Dallas, Phoenix, Kansas City, St Louis, and Boston"

This was on a broker site. My personal feeling is NO WAY they play Kansas City and St. Louis. (Two weaker markets for them.) At least one of those should be Denver instead.

They better come to Boston or I am going to have a fit.

i live in CT and went to Toronto for V tour. two of the better shows that I saw and I saw a lot. :wink:

Really? Frankly, I'm surprised Toronto has this reputation and so many of you want to come here.
I hope it's not because of the crowd because as a (new) Torontonian I can honestly say Montreal has THE BEST audience in all of North America.

Also, although I've never seen a concert there, I hear the sound at the Rogers Centre is absolutely awful. In fact, I'm looking at shows away from T.O.

I am crossing my fingers that they come back to Commonwelth Stadium Edmonton fans showed them where it was at 12 years ago and we will show them again....but I fear that it may be a little too late in the year for that to happen.

The tour sounds very exciting though...definatly would love to see it.

I have to say...ALL stadiums in the fall? I can't think of any enclosed stadiums in my neck of the woods (NYC/Philly markets), and even if they start here in September, that's no guarantee...heck, I've been to outdoor shows in May and August with terrible cold snaps. No fun. :huh:

I'm going to be watching the announcement closely...

(Oh, and I DESPISE stadium tours. I've been to three of them and felt so disconnected from the show that I wondered why I bothered showing up.)

I agree with some of your points here. I too live in the same geographic area.

I wonder if they will be touring the US during warmer weather. It can get pretty cold outside especially through October.

Maybe in 2010 they will do a summer 2nd leg in the US

Also, in Sept and Oct, the NFL season will have started in the US so, are they going to be trying to book stadiums during Football season?/

Also, in Sept and Oct, the NFL season will have started in the US so, are they going to be trying to book stadiums during Football season?/

well games are only on Sundays and one on Monday night. Sometimes Thursday night. But yeah I'm assuming the U2 tour machine is such that they're able to tear the thing down after a Saturday show in time to have the field ready for games on Sunday.

I do wonder how that would interfere with the practice schedule of teams though...since it's at night probably not too much but it'll take hours to set up

well games are only on Sundays and one on Monday night. Sometimes Thursday night. But yeah I'm assuming the U2 tour machine is such that they're able to tear the thing down after a Saturday show in time to have the field ready for games on Sunday.

I do wonder how that would interfere with the practice schedule of teams though...since it's at night probably not too much but it'll take hours to set up

stages and crowds do a lot of damage to the actual turf of a stadium....nobody in their right mind would schedule a concert so close to a gameday.

depends on if a stadium uses artificial turf, too. i'm not sure what nfl venues do that and which ones don't.

I can only assume they'll play at least 2 night in Boston, NY, Chicago.

Pop mart I see 2 Boston Shows (went to both!), 4 NY shows, 3 chicago shows.

I only saw 1 Philly which surprised me...

stages and crowds do a lot of damage to the actual turf of a stadium....nobody in their right mind would schedule a concert so close to a gameday.

depends on if a stadium uses artificial turf, too. i'm not sure what nfl venues do that and which ones don't.

Yup, you're right.

They are planning to get thousands of people on the field as close to the stage as possible and since the stage is in the center, the crowd will be all over the field and not just on one side.

I'm a season ticket holder for the Eagles, and I don't want the field to be in poor condition because there were people and all sorts of equipment used to put up and take down the stage, trampling it the day before

I don't know how much damage is done to the field - look at Springsteen's halftime show with 2000 people.

It happens all the time... and the Eagles need a WR or it won't matter how good the field is.

But I'm sure they'll do their best to avoid a weekend when a team is at home.

I don't know how much damage is done to the field - look at Springsteen's halftime show with 2000 people.

there is significant damage done. you wouldn't believe what full concerts do to australian stadiums in summer....think what they'll do to stadiums in autumn. especially football stadiums, where the turf gets ripped up far more than any other stadium by the sport.

there is significant damage done. you wouldn't believe what full concerts do to australian stadiums in summer....think what they'll do to stadiums in autumn. especially football stadiums, where the turf gets ripped up far more than any other stadium by the sport.

The Chicago Bears don't seem too concerned - a Saturday concert before a possible game. The NFL schedule hasn't been announced yet.

see, then there's no problem.

if the band management have booked the stadium and the bears haven't, it's a different ball game, the nfl and the bears will work around what's already booked.

So I suppose a Saturday show is out of the question for DC's Fedex Field. Dan Snyder not only owns the Redskins - he owns the stadium.

So I suppose a Saturday show is out of the question for DC's Fedex Field. Dan Snyder not only owns the Redskins - he owns the stadium.

it all depends on when the nfl is booked in.

if the venues are booked before the nfl get their asses into gear, then they need to change their schedule.

tbh i find it hard to believe the nfl hasn't already got stadium dates booked, and any u2 dates are more likely to be indicative of when particular teams will have home games.

i could just be talking out of my ass, applying what i know of local competitions to the nfl....but it seems the most likely scenario.

The Chicago Bears don't seem too concerned - a Saturday concert before a possible game. The NFL schedule hasn't been announced yet.

I am pretty sure the Bears, the NFL and the venues already know the dates.

Maybe we need to worry about the Toronto Argonauts or the Montreal Aoullettes (or whatever they are called)?

My speculation with some fairly strong knowledge:

September 15ish (and before) - Chicago
September 17ish - Toronto
September 18/19/20/21ish - Boston
September 22 - Montreal
They may then come back to NY for a string of dates
October 3ish - Charlotte
October 6ish - Atlanta
A nice string in Florida
October 9ish - Tampa
Miami maybe after or before Tampa
October 17 - Houston
October 19 - Oklahoma City (????)
October 22 - Phoenix
October 24 - Vegas
October 27 - Vancouver or Seattle
Probably a string of LA dates thrown in around October 20th and October 31.

Every team has a complex much like your local team has out on 56th street just beyond I-465. They do not use the stadiums.

edit to add a post that made me laugh:

I also can see then coming to Indianapolis to the newly built Lucas Oil Stadium.

Shit ain't gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom