''Kiss the Future'' Tour (now named U2 360° Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, whose going to pay $250 for a seat in the stands, when you can get GA for $55. Makes no sense... And yeah the stupid random drawing for the "ellipse" is back... :huh:

Somethings not quite right....

I most likely would (depends on finances at the time).

Why?

I went to GA in Boston last tour - twice. One time the "cheap" GA tickets were so tough to find, I wound up paying close to $225 per ticket anyway! And my friend and I had to work, so we didn't get there until late. They didn't even scan us to see if we got in the oval! :angry: So for that money, were were way in back in GA.

Then in Chicago, I waited outside all day. I didn't get into the oval. I was early though and got a spot very close to the railing (those were taken up FAST!). As the show went on, short people complained they couldn't see and kept asking if they could go in front of me. I got news for all the "height challenged" people - get to the fricking show early if you have GA. :madwife: Don't ask someone who has waited outside to "move" because you were unable to dedicate the time. If I do that again, be prepared to hear "f*ck off!" if you ask. But I digress. Being on the rail sucked. It was ridiculously hot, no room, constant pushing and my feet were killing me.

In Ireland I had GA again. I waited all day in the drizzling rain. The oval was big, so I was able to get in. But it was SO big that while a great view, I hardly was up front. And of course, slackers snuck in and pushed and pushed and pushed their way close to the front. I was about 6 "rows" of people from the stage when the concert started. Without moving, I shifted to about 12 "rows" of people by the time the concert was at the half-way point.

In contrast, I spend $200+ for an actual seat at another Boston show. I got this through my U2.com subscription. As a result, not only did I have an actual seat - meaning no pushing, no shoving, no short people asking me to move - but I was ridiculously close - closer than I was for any of the GA shows. Sure, I saw Adam walk by real close while in Chicago when I had GA. I saw Bono walk just as close many times with my seat in Boston. Plus, I didn't have to wait outside all day. And I was able to sit down before the concert started. I could get drinks and not worry about losing my place. I could use the bathroom and go right back to my place.

So, let's see... $250 for a "ticket vendor" GA ticket where I might not even get scanned for the lottery and if I do, not get into the "heart" or "oval" and then be pushed and shoved all day, or $250 for an actual seat where I'm not waiting all day and can relax, yet get just as good of a view. :hmm:

Do what you want, but I know where I'm going. :yes:

Let me in the sound tour or Horizon tour. What's wrong with those names ?

Absolutely nothing. "Let Me in the Sound" is a theme at several points in the album, so I am shocked that they would go with another line which is a really bad lyric. The future doesn't need a big kiss ... the freaking present does. The present is what has got us all down.

And, really, what a lot of folks are looking for these days is some semblance of escape somewhere. For many, that is in the music (in the sound). When there is chaos everywhere, it is comforting to find some peace somewhere. Music cannot solve the problems of our today, but it certainly can help us put them away or a spell.

Let me in the sound tour or Horizon tour. What's wrong with those names ?

2 Europe legs :hyper: Finally.

Actually, I like the "Let Me in the Sound Tour" a lot. Good call. But Bono's full quote was "Kiss the Future, F*ck the Past". Unfortunately, the second part of that might not sit well with those promoting the tour. :sexywink: Still, in context, it sounds better.

Why?

I went to GA in Boston last tour - twice. One time the "cheap" GA tickets were so tough to find, I wound up paying close to $225 per ticket anyway! And my friend and I had to work, so we didn't get there until late. They didn't even scan us to see if we got in the oval! :angry: So for that money, were were way in back in GA.

Then in Chicago, I waited outside all day. I didn't get into the oval. I was early though and got a spot very close to the railing (those were taken up FAST!). As the show went on, short people complained they couldn't see and kept asking if they could go in front of me. I got news for all the "height challenged" people - get to the fricking show early if you have GA. :madwife: Don't ask someone who has waited outside to "move" because you were unable to dedicate the time. If I do that again, be prepared to hear "f*ck off!" if you ask. But I digress. Being on the rail sucked. It was ridiculously hot, no room, constant pushing and my feet were killing me.

In Ireland I had GA again. I waited all day in the drizzling rain. The oval was big, so I was able to get in. But it was SO big that while a great view, I hardly was up front. And of course, slackers snuck in and pushed and pushed and pushed their way close to the front. I was about 6 "rows" of people from the stage when the concert started. Without moving, I shifted to about 12 "rows" of people by the time the concert was at the half-way point.

In contrast, I spend $200+ for an actual seat at another Boston show. I got this through my U2.com subscription. As a result, not only did I have an actual seat - meaning no pushing, no shoving, no short people asking me to move - but I was ridiculously close - closer than I was for any of the GA shows. Sure, I saw Adam walk by real close while in Chicago when I had GA. I saw Bono walk just as close many times with my seat in Boston. Plus, I didn't have to wait outside all day. And I was able to sit down before the concert started. I could get drinks and not worry about losing my place. I could use the bathroom and go right back to my place.

So, let's see... $250 for a "ticket vendor" GA ticket where I might not even get scanned for the lottery and if I do, not get into the "heart" or "oval" and then be pushed and shoved all day, or $250 for an actual seat where I'm not waiting all day and can relax, yet get just as good of a view. :hmm:

Sorry you had crappy GA experiences. :(

I'll be doing at least one show in seats. My mom wants to go, but doesn't want to do GA. So I'm compromising and doing 1 show in seats with her and the other show(s) on my own.

:hyper: A saturday in Chicago! Yay!! :hyper:

And...

I got news for all the "height challenged" people - get to the fricking show early if you have GA. :madwife: Don't ask someone who has waited outside to "move" because you were unable to dedicate the time.

:heart::heart:

Am I the only one still concerned about the 360° setup? I'm weary that the only seats worth having are going to be $250 seats (probably close to $300 with service charges), and that the $95 seats may be borderline mediocre. I'm sure a lot will depend on which venue you attend, but I'm not going to be reassured until I see the computer animation that's likely to be presented on Monday.

And let's start praying that it doesn't rain on September 12. For those of you who haven't been to Solider Field, it can get pretty cold there in mid-September at night, rain or not. Goddamn it, I knew they should have built a dome!

Fingers are still crossed for Sam Boyd in Vegas, the L.A. Coliseum, or Stanford Stadium in Palo Alto.

Why?

Yeah I'm getting seats too:wave:
I wanna be able to enjoy the show and not be constantly pushed around by people. I need some dancing space too people:lol:

I hope the stadiums don't have a no-bag policy this time. It was a minor inconvenience last tour, but this time I really do need to have one on me.

ha, I knew it would be th Kiss the Future Tour. actually Bono already gave that away a week ago.

Same here, that's what I said and everyone argued. :wink:

I'd like to hear something definitely official though first, from u2.com or whatever.

Chicago in mid-September is warm, comfortable at night. I've lived here all my life. If the show was end of May/beginning of June, then I'd worry about freezing my ass off, if the wind was coming off of the still frigid Lake Michigan.

Popmart was awesome in Soldiers Field. I am so there for this one.

yeah, i sure hope Wisconsin gets one gig. :up:

Yeah I wish they'd do more dates in the Midwest ... maybe even if they skip over some states on the first US leg they'll add others later, since they're touring until fall 2010.

I'd consider seeing them in wisconsin, it's a bit of a drive but it's within a day's reach so :up:

:heart:

I pretty much see

U2 :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:on tour

:lol: same

a ticket would make me happy

I don't care where - I just need to be in the audience somewhere :)

vertigo tour, paid big biccies for tix - with kiddy committments I knew there was no way i could dedicate a day to lining up in the hope that the elusive ellipse would be mine - so was just happy knowing that there was a seat inside somewhere with my name on it . . . got to have a couple of vodkas before the show (without getting half of it spilled down my back / front), some lovely people behind us swapped seats with us so we could dance like loons and it was a fan-bloody-tastic night :yes: (i still get little goosebumps at the memory :yes: )

a ticket would make me happy

I don't care where - I just need to be in the audience somewhere :)

vertigo tour, paid big biccies for tix - with kiddy committments I knew there was no way i could dedicate a day to lining up in the hope that the elusive ellipse would be mine - so was just happy knowing that there was a seat inside somewhere with my name on it . . . got to have a couple of vodkas before the show (without getting half of it spilled down my back / front), some lovely people behind us swapped seats with us so we could dance like loons and it was a fan-bloody-tastic night :yes: (i still get little goosebumps at the memory :yes: )

Sounds fantastic:wave:
That is exactly what I want. Time to get to the show. Have a few beers before hand, use the bathroom before the show starts. And have my own personal space to freak out all I want:hyper:

Sounds fantastic:wave:
That is exactly what I want. Time to get to the show. Have a few beers before hand, use the bathroom before the show starts. And have my own personal space to freak out all I want:hyper:

. . . having said all that, this time around if there is a chance that I can get to two shows then I'll have a stab at ga if I can for the first show :D (after all, I'se getting no younger :lol: and doubt that walking frames will be allowed next time around :laugh: ) and then do it the civilized way for the other one (presuming of course that I can get tix . . .oooooh, i feel ticket anxiety creeping already :uhoh:

. . . having said all that, this time around if there is a chance that I can get to two shows then I'll have a stab at ga if I can for the first show :D (after all, I'se getting no younger :lol: and doubt that walking frames will be allowed next time around :laugh: ) and then do it the civilized way for the other one (presuming of course that I can get tix . . .oooooh, i feel ticket anxiety creeping already :uhoh:

Well if you can make it to two shows then you might as well try it both ways, seats and GA:D
I kinda don't have a choice, my tickets are already arranged and they are gonna be seats:D

Click on the thumbnail to see the full pic. I'm in the blue hat and shirt.

After being that close, I feel like doing seats for a show is almost like a letdown. :(

What are the 25 must-do markets in North America? This is the list I came up with:

1. Chicago
2. Ohio (Cleveland or Columbus)
3. Pittsburgh
4. Boston
5. New York
6. Philadelphia
7. Washington - Baltimore
8. Kansas City
9. Denver
10. Seattle
11. Vancouver
12. San Francisco Bay Area
13. Los Angeles
14. San Diego
15. Phoenix
16. Dallas
17. Houston
18. St. Louis
19. Minneapolis
20. Detroit
21. Toronto
22. Montreal
23. Atlanta
24. Tampa
25. Miami

It correlates well, but not perfectly, with the list of markets by population rank:
Table of United States primary census statistical areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: On second thought, there's no way they're hitting all of these places in 6 weeks; we'll be lucky if they hit HALF of these places.

I might. I have a friend who lives in Chicago who I could stay with. :hmm:

If I travel, I do want to avoid missing classes if I can though.

I swore I would only do the local shows and now I'm talking about Chicago, and talked about Toronto last night. :reject:

Awww it's addictive :hug: Im considering Toronto too since I keep hearing how great the shows are there.

Chicago rocks :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom