Johannesburg and Cape Town PreSale/GenSale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Cathal! Trying to make it over to SA for the shows and also for vacation (safari, Victoria Falls, etc...). Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'll send you a Facebook message if it ends up working out-- Would be fun to meet up for a pint in Cape Town. :)

Good christ, really? I was appalled enough that, down here, they have sufficient demand to schedule two arena shows in both Melbourne and Sydney.

Also in Australia is Brisbane's QSAC Stadium, as you know U2 have played many times. They're also playing slightly smaller stadiums in Adelaide and Perth. They also have a huge summer European stadium/festival headliner schedule next year. I saw them in a half full arena a year ago or so, and didn't think they were entertaining enough to hold an arena sized crowd's attention. Most of the audience seemed bored, except during Sex on Fire and Use Somebody.

so these two shows will be like first to not be really profit, but just to cover costs up and to play in SA in a very long time, from Enyobale point of view

so these two shows will be like first to not be really profit, but just to cover costs up and to play in SA in a very long time, from Enyobale point of view

They are already shipping 2 CLAWS from Australia to South America and storage fees in either place should be roughly the same.

Crew fees are the only price jump as they do 2 shows and then wait several weeks until the Latin shows.

Yeah, the takings from the gig will more than outweigh the extra costs of staging them relative to just storing/transporting them. It's more profitable for them to do the gigs than to just sit on their hands and ship the Claws past South Africa without playing a show.

Yeah, the takings from the gig will more than outweigh the extra costs of staging them relative to just storing/transporting them. It's more profitable for them to do the gigs than to just sit on their hands and ship the Claws past South Africa without playing a show.

The Popmart shows must have been far more cost/profit neutral.

Back
Top Bottom