Is this the highest priced tickets for a stadium tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The answer is None with Springsteen its only about the music amd his most expensive ticket is $95.00. Probably the best deal I know since he plays 3 hours every night.

But just like all artist in the industry, Springsteen prices his tickets based on his market value.

So basically all of the good seats are (which are noted in Blue) are $250.00. Say you want to take your wife and kid your talking close to $1000.00 for a stadium show? Ridiculous greedy price especially in this economy. But what the heck everyone else is charging it and will most likely sell out.

The initial batch of tickets put on sale soldout in a few hours. $250 ticket prices are NOT the only ticket price. There are also tickets priced at $95, $55, and $30. The family of 4 can go to this show for as little as $120.

Its not greedy, its normal business practice to charge market value for what is being sold. Would you sell your house for less than what it is worth in the market because of the economy? Do you consider yourself to be greedy if you sell your house according to its market value?

Did you ever see a show in a stadium? Its just my opinion and not meant to offend anyone but the purple seats are 95.00 even in the upper level and you really wont see anything and $250.00 for a 2 hour show is alot of money. For 30.00 your better off staying home and waiting for the DVD. Again this is just my opinion but those costs are CRAZY especially in this economy.

Its not crazy to charge what your worth in the market. It would be crazy to not be charging the prices they currently have been charging. Given that 94% of all tickets that have gone on sale so far have been sold, it shows that they charged just the right amount or maybe even a little below that, even in this economy.

No he just doesnt want to rip his fans off.

Yeah, and the world is a pink-happy place where everyone gets along. :cute:

Btw, I think U2 tickets are at a good price. I mean, for the spectacle we get, it's pretty fair. Unlike other bands/artists.

Its not crazy to charge what your worth in the market. It would be crazy to not be charging the prices they currently have been charging. Given that 94% of all tickets that have gone on sale so far have been sold, it shows that they charged just the right amount or maybe even a little below that, even in this economy.

You sound like a successfull businessman. Yes you can go to these shows for $30.00 but your either behind the stage or next to the heavans. In my opinion I just think it's wrong that a band who have been together for 30 years and are multibillionaires are charging $250.00 if you want to sit in the lower section.

It's not only U2 but its alot of bands that are charging these ridiculous prices. I remember Bono during the Joshua Tree Tour begging the fans not to pay scalper prices. I wonder where that Bono has gone?

All I know is that when I go to a show or game I would like to get good seats but I also work hard for an honest days pay. Unfortunatly I just cant afford these prices.

never mind

Everyone's going to think what they want, and U2 are never going to please everyone, that's one of the hazards of being one of the biggest bands in the world.

:)

invisbltinyvio128628947565214677.jpg

I don't know, man. It just occurred to me that you're posting Kool-Aid Man not in an attempt at some random humor, and instead implying that we're a bunch of sheep who have "drunk the Kool-Aid."

If it's the former, we're on.

If it's the latter, I'm very disappointed in you, and we're totally not going bowling anymore.

Of course... if they did charge an average of £50 a ticket then demand would swamp supply and the secondary market (scalpers) would see the price raise again.

I don't know, man. It just occurred to me that you're posting Kool-Aid Man not in an attempt at some random humor, and instead implying that we're a bunch of sheep who have "drunk the Kool-Aid."

If it's the former, we're on.

If it's the latter, I'm very disappointed in you, and we're totally not going bowling anymore.

Only Random Humor thats all.

He charges market value, in fact, maybe a little more than market value given that so many of his shows in the United States in 2009 have not soldout.

Just for laughs please let me know which one of his shows havent sold out? He's been touring for 2 years straight and just added 25 more shows. Yeah he's having a real hard time selling tickets.

You sound like a successfull businessman. Yes you can go to these shows for $30.00 but your either behind the stage or next to the heavans.

Um, there are also $55 dollar tickets which allow to get right up against the stage in front of the band.

In my opinion I just think it's wrong that a band who have been together for 30 years and are multibillionaires are charging $250.00 if you want to sit in the lower section.

If your not willing to make what you are worth in the market, then someone else will!!!!!! They are called scalpers or anyone who searches for things that are low priced and sales them for what they are really worth and makes a nice profit.

In addition, there are lower level seats in every stadium at the $95 dollar price.

It's not only U2 but its alot of bands that are charging these ridiculous prices. I remember Bono during the Joshua Tree Tour begging the fans not to pay scalper prices. I wonder where that Bono has gone?

He quickly discovered that if your not willing to make what you are worth, then someone else will.

All I know is that when I go to a show or game I would like to get good seats but I also work hard for an honest days pay. Unfortunatly I just cant afford these prices.

Adjusted for inflation, the $30 dollar ticket price is the lowest price U2 have charged for a concert ticket since the Unforgettable Fire Tour. The $95 dollar ticket price is the same as the average ticket price of the Vertigo Tour and only a little more than the average ticket price for the Elevation tour. The best tickets next to the stage are only $55 dollars.

If you can't afford a $55 dollar ticket, or a $30 dollar ticket on this tour, then you should not have been able to afford to go to any prior U2 tours either unless they were back in the early 80s when the band was playing small theaters and clubs.

Part of the reason that the top ticket price has been raised to $250 is to help subsidize the much lower ticket price of $30 dollars.

The answer is None with Springsteen its only about the music amd his most expensive ticket is $95.00. Probably the best deal I know since he plays 3 hours every night.

No offense but I paid £80 per ticket to see Springsteen at Hampden Park on Tuesday, the sound was appalling and the majority of his set was flat with songs the crowd barely reacted to until half way through when he decided that some hits might be in order, and it wasn't like the crowd was particularly casual, the biggest reaction of the night (apart from Born to Run) was probably Incident on 57th Street.

The view wasn't great and Hampden isn't exactly the biggest venue in the world.

And while he was certainly active, he could barely sing a note.
And how many times has he went through that cod US preacher speech word for word? His set was 3 hours certainly but at 28 songs, the overall length of the set was bulked up by seemingly endless instrumental sections on a number of the songs which didn't need it.

In short, a pretty lacklustre concert experience, and one which certainly wasn't particularly cheap. I paid less for seats which should be closer behind the U2 stage. And while I'm at it, it's been a long while since I've seen a major act play so little of a new album 3 or 4 songs in total, which is a shame as the new album is pretty decent. Springsteen at this point is a nostalgia act and doesn't even try to hide it, if that's not a money grab then what is?

Only Random Humor thats all.

By the way, Bruce. I have my iPod going on shuffle mode today, and it has apparently decided it is Bruce Springsteen day, and I've heard a Bruce song about every 3 songs.

I'm sure this is somehow all your fault.

By the way, Bruce. I have my iPod going on shuffle mode today, and it has apparently decided it is Bruce Springsteen day, and I've heard a Bruce song about every 3 songs.

I'm sure this is somehow all your fault.

Wait until you see what I play when I pick you up to go bowling. I'm really not trying to aggravate anyone. I am a Springsteen convert but I really do love U2 as well.

I really wish I could meet alot of people on this board like yourself and even go bowling.

I'm a terrible bowler, for the record. :)

But yeah, welcome to the site. I may disagree vehemently with you, but you know, welcome anyway. ;)

Just for laughs please let me know which one of his shows havent sold out? He's been touring for 2 years straight and just added 25 more shows. Yeah he's having a real hard time selling tickets.

Working On A Dream Tour:

April 1, 2009
San Jose
HP Pavillion
Tickets on sale: 17,196
Tickets sold: 16,713

April 10, 2009
Denver
Pepsi Center
Tickets on sale: 17,414
Tickets Sold: 17,202

April 15, 16, 2009
Los Angeles
LA Memorial Arena
Tickets on sale: 33,094
Tickets sold: 31,080

April 21, 22, 2009
Boston
TD Banknorth Garden
Tickets on sale: 33,477
Tickets sold: 33,035

April 26, 2009
Atlanta
Phillips Arena
Tickets on sale: 15,190
Tickets sold: 14,361

May 2, 2009
Greensboro North Carolina
Greensboro Coliseum
Tickets on sale: 19,462
Tickets sold: 18,987

May 18, 2009
Washington DC
Verizon Center
Tickets on sale: 18,261
Tickets sold: 17,859

July 2, 2009
Munich, Germany
Olympiastadion
Tickets on sale: 44,186
Tickets sold: 39,896

July 5, 2009
Vienna, Austria
Ernst-Happel Stadion
Tickets on sale: 42,380
Tickets sold: 37,798

Magic Tour:

October 25-26, 2007
Oakland
Oracle Arena
Tickets on sale: 34,859
Tickets sold: 30,818

October 29-30, 2007
Los Angeles
Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena
Tickets on sale: 34,080
Tickets sold: 33,122

November 4, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Quicken Loans Arena
Tickets on sale: 19,299
Tickets sold: 19,223

November 5, 2007
Detroit MI
Palace Of Auburn Hills
Tickets on sale: 19,555
Tickets sold: 14,559

November 11-12, 2007
Washington DC
Verizon Center
Tickets on sale: 36,256
Tickets sold: 35,808

November 14, 2007
Pittsburgh
Mellon Arena
Tickets on sale: 16,883
Tickets sold: 16,595

November 15, 2007
Albany NY
Times Union Center
Tickets on sale: 15,654
Tickets sold: 15,248

November 18-19, 2007
Boston
TD Banknorth Garden
Tickets on sale: 33,379
Tickets sold: 33,289

March 2, 2008
Montreal
Bell Center
Tickets on sale: 15,238
Tickets sold: 13,544

March 7, 2008
Buffalo New York
HSBC Arena
Tickets on sale: 18,875
Tickets sold: 15,364

March 10, 2008
Hempstead, NY
Nassau Coliseum
Tickets on sale: 17,561
Tickets sold: 16,518

March 22, 2008
Cincinnati
US Bank Arena
Tickets on sale: 15,754
Tickets sold: 13,032

March 24, 2008
Columbus Ohio
Schottenstein Center
Tickets on sale: 17,637
Tickets sold: 11,598

March 28, 2008
Portland Oregon
Rose Garden
Tickets on sale: 15,999
Tickets sold: 13,798

March 29, 2008
Seattle Washington
Key Arena
Tickets on sale: 15,160
Tickets sold: 15,095

April 4, 2008
Sacramento CA
Arco Arena
Tickets on sale: 15,323
Tickets sold: 12,919

April 5, 2008
San Jose CA
HP Pavillion at San Jose
Tickets on sale: 16,002
Tickets sold: 14,484

April 8, 2008
Anahiem CA
Honda Center
Tickets on sale: 17,551
Tickets sold: 13,513

April 14, 2008
Houston TX
Toyota Center
Tickets on sale: 16,585
Tickets sold: 15,692

June 14, 2008
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Millennium Stadium
Tickets on sale: 63,000
Tickets sold: 48,549

June 16, 2008
Dussoldorf Germany
LTU Arena
Tickets on sale: 45000
Tickets sold: 33196

June 18, 2008
Amsterdam
Amsterdam Arena
Tickets on sale: 36,529
Tickets sold: 36,257

June 23, 2008
Antwerpen, Belgium
Sportpaleis Antwerpen
Tickets on sale: 17,686
Tickets sold: 17,632

June 27, 2008
Paris France
Parc des Princes
Tickets on sale: 45,067
Tickets sold: 40,661

July 17, 2008
Madrid
Santiago Bernabeu
Tickets on sale: 55,000
Tickets sold: 53,783

August 2, 2008
Foxboro MA
Gillette Stadium
Tickets on sale: 50,000
Tickets sold: 48,237

August 21, 2008
Nashville Tennessee
Sommet Center
Tickets on sale: 16,000
Tickets sold: 12,349

August 24, 2008
Kansas City MO
Sprint Center
Tickets on sale: 17,004
Tickets sold: 15,747

No offense but I paid £80 per ticket to see Springsteen at Hampden Park on Tuesday, the sound was appalling and the majority of his set was flat with songs the crowd barely reacted to until half way through when he decided that some hits might be in order, and it wasn't like the crowd was particularly casual, the biggest reaction of the night (apart from Born to Run) was probably Incident on 57th Street.

The view wasn't great and Hampden isn't exactly the biggest venue in the world.

And while he was certainly active, he could barely sing a note.
And how many times has he went through that cod US preacher speech word for word? His set was 3 hours certainly but at 28 songs, the overall length of the set was bulked up by seemingly endless instrumental sections on a number of the songs which didn't need it.

In short, a pretty lacklustre concert experience, and one which certainly wasn't particularly cheap. I paid less for seats which should be closer behind the U2 stage. And while I'm at it, it's been a long while since I've seen a major act play so little of a new album 3 or 4 songs in total, which is a shame as the new album is pretty decent. Springsteen at this point is a nostalgia act and doesn't even try to hide it, if that's not a money grab then what is?

No offense taken and to each his own. But calling Springsteen a nostalgia act has to be coming from someone who hasnt heard his last two albums. Maybe you saw an off night for Bruce I dont know but he does have the ability that U2 doesnt in which he drastically changes his set list everynight, he also actually takes requsts from the audience, and his shows normally reach the 3 hour mark. To me thats impressive.

Believe it or not I am a U2 fan and would be much impressed if Bono all of a sudden played something like Red Hill Mining Town but something tells me thats not going to happen.

Working On A Dream Tour:

April 1, 2009
San Jose
HP Pavillion
Tickets on sale: 17,196
Tickets sold: 16,713

April 10, 2009
Denver
Pepsi Center
Tickets on sale: 17,414
Tickets Sold: 17,202

April 15, 16, 2009
Los Angeles
LA Memorial Arena
Tickets on sale: 33,094
Tickets sold: 31,080

April 21, 22, 2009
Boston
TD Banknorth Garden
Tickets on sale: 33,477
Tickets sold: 33,035

April 26, 2009
Atlanta
Phillips Arena
Tickets on sale: 15,190
Tickets sold: 14,361

May 2, 2009
Greensboro North Carolina
Greensboro Coliseum
Tickets on sale: 19,462
Tickets sold: 18,987

May 18, 2009
Washington DC
Verizon Center
Tickets on sale: 18,261
Tickets sold: 17,859

July 2, 2009
Munich, Germany
Olympiastadion
Tickets on sale: 44,186
Tickets sold: 39,896

July 5, 2009
Vienna, Austria
Ernst-Happel Stadion
Tickets on sale: 42,380
Tickets sold: 37,798

Thanks for posting I appreciate it. But if those are the worst shows pretty impressive that he's down only 500 to 1000 seats on the third or 4th leg of a tour thats been going on for two years now in which most of the shows saw tickets go within 45 minutes.

I'm a terrible bowler, for the record. :)

But yeah, welcome to the site. I may disagree vehemently with you, but you know, welcome anyway. ;)

I Love You Too and believe me someday...somehow we will go bowling. I think thats what makes message boards fun is that not all people can agree on the same things and share different opinions/ perspectives.

I have been a U2 fan since 1986 when I was literally obsessed with them but the past couple of discs while good I dont enjoy as much as the period of Boy - AB.

Maybe by joining this board my U2 obsession will come back. But what I write is not fact but my opinion. Nothing I ever write is meant to be offensive nor is anything taken offensive. While I have commited a great sin and have transferred my allegiance from Belfast To New Jersey's favorite son doesnt mean that I dont still love U2. And yes I love all you guys as well.

No offense taken and to each his own. But calling Springsteen a nostalgia act has to be coming from someone who hasnt heard his last two albums. Maybe you saw an off night for Bruce I dont know but he does have the ability that U2 doesnt in which he drastically changes his set list everynight, he also actually takes requsts from the audience, and his shows normally reach the 3 hour mark. To me thats impressive.

Believe it or not I am a U2 fan and would be much impressed if Bono all of a sudden played something like Red Hill Mining Town but something tells me thats not going to happen.

3 songs from the album you are supposedly touring is Rolling Stone territory. I like the last two albums, Working on a Dream more than Magic, and was disappointed that Springsteen wanted to meander through his back catalogue and two pretty poor covers.

If you are playing a 28 song set, then 3 songs from the current album and 1 from the previous album is approaching nostalgia act levels.

To be honest the sound was the main problem and for U2 it'll be the same as Hampden is a terrible venue. I like Bruce Springsteen but the whole experience was just average. He puts a lot of passion in to it but his setlist was all over the place.

The requests were a nice touch but we ended up with a bunch of songs the crowd barely knew after a hit free beginning to the show.

3 songs from the album you are supposedly touring is Rolling Stone territory. I like the last two albums, Working on a Dream more than Magic, and was disappointed that Springsteen wanted to meander through his back catalogue and two pretty poor covers.

If you are playing a 28 song set, then 3 songs from the current album and 1 from the previous album is approaching nostalgia act levels.

To be honest the sound was the main problem and for U2 it'll be the same as Hampden is a terrible venue. I like Bruce Springsteen but the whole experience was just average. He puts a lot of passion in to it but his setlist was all over the place.

The requests were a nice touch but we ended up with a bunch of songs the crowd barely knew after a hit free beginning to the show.

True dat...

Back
Top Bottom