Is this the highest priced tickets for a stadium tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MaMa Mia you got me wanting to go to a Springsteen Concert now !

L:huh:L

My Mother who will be 60 in November L:heart:VES Springsteen

I just never liked his voice except on a few songs

Your mom sounds great and an intelligent person as well. If you ever get the chance to see Springsteen take it he's awesome live and you will never ever see raw energy live like he brings it. His concerts are on average 28 to 30 songs per night/ 3 hours long. Plus he goes into the audience every night and takes requests for about 4 songs and plays them like they were rehearsed. He also changes the setlist everynight as well as no two shows are the same.

You better act fast because the band is all 60 and above and unfortunatly I dont know how much longer they will be around. I still love U2 and have for 23 years. I must admit I am a more old school fan though. But I have tickets for New Jersey in the fall and I cant wait to see them.

M jackson is in the money....... and it is 20 million production cost. With state of art lighting and design.

Tickets average about $115 and capacity will be about 15,000 per show, taking the gross for the run to about $90 million. Premium and VIP packages and secondary market sales will boost the gross to more than $100 million. Merchandise sales could bring in another $15 million.
The deal is set up where Jackson shares in net ticket revenue which, according to Billboard calculations, would make Jackson's take on ticket sales alone north of $50 million, though producer/promoter AEG Live would not confirm this.
The company has footed the bill for a $20 million production, and the show layout is coming together.
"Originally we tried to keep the show down to 90 minutes, but Michael has so many must-do songs in his repertoire that the shows now will be two-plus hours," AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips tells Billboard.
Phillips would not reveal details of the production, but one could expect a multi-media experience that would be "the most cutting edge ever employed on a tour. We're using technology that's never been used before in live entertainment."

But the 81 Edge would be so disappointed but 85 Adam would fire one up and enjoy the show.......:doh:

well, I guess we can say this isn't true anymore.

Your mom sounds great and an intelligent person as well. If you ever get the chance to see Springsteen take it he's awesome live and you will never ever see raw energy live like he brings it. His concerts are on average 28 to 30 songs per night/ 3 hours long. Plus he goes into the audience every night and takes requests for about 4 songs and plays them like they were rehearsed. He also changes the setlist everynight as well as no two shows are the same.

You better act fast because the band is all 60 and above and unfortunatly I dont know how much longer they will be around. I still love U2 and have for 23years. I must admit I am a more old school fan though. But I have tickets for New Jersey in the fall and I cant wait to see them.

I hate to sound selfish but I have to agree w/ you I feel it would be nice for the amount of money people spend that a THREE hour U2 concert would be nice and more on the average of 30 songs:drool:just cut out the opening act they really do not need one

Wife & four kids plus myself will be expensive but surely worth it

I grew up in Kearny New Jersey right by Newark you are by the shore right?

I hate to sound selfish but I have to agree w/ you I feel it would be nice for the amount of money people spend that a THREE hour U2 concert would be nice and more on the average of 30 songs:drool:just cut out the opening act they really do not need one

Wife & four kids plus myself will be expensive but surely worth it

I grew up in Kearny New Jersey right by Newark you are by the shore right?

My name is Joe and I live in Pocono Pa approx 2 hours from you which really isnt that bad. I'm going to see U2 at Giants Stadium in the fall and if you are give me a hollar.

The record is for the venue being played, in this case San Siro Stadium.

Yes it's a venue record, but isn't it also a city/country record a single headliner music event?

It may be a worthwhile idea for a thread to figure out which 360 shows break gross/attendance records for venue/city/country. Plus who's got U2 beat and where.

Yes it's a venue record, but isn't it also a city/country record a single headliner music event?

It may be a worthwhile idea for a thread to figure out which 360 shows break gross/attendance records for venue/city/country. Plus who's got U2 beat and where.

City/Country records are more difficult to establish and are never given out or certified by Billboard Boxscore. BUT, Venue records are rather easy to certify and used to always be mentioned in Billboard Boxscore.

It probably is a city/country record and it is definitely a venue record.

You have to admit that if you want to take your girlfriend or wife or something to a U2 show, forking out nearly 600 bucks after fees is a lot of money for 2 hours of entertainment (especially when the seats might not even be that good)

At least the masks are free

Yeah, but at least you'll impress your date.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom