Interpol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wink:
you know I wish I never saw them. The second night in Dublin I was stuck in the merchandise "queue" (more like a mob of angry people heckling the merchandise workers) pushing and shoving my way to buy one shirt for a friend, so I ended up missing Kaiser Chiefs, and I really wanted to see them. By the time I made it back to my seat, they were on their last song. I was able to see the singer fly into the pit to crowd surf. I should have bought the shirt on night one and avoided Blahvegas.

I am still in therapy from Glasvegas!!! Hot day at Wembley, Lead singer takes out suncream and proceeds to shove it down his nether regions :ohmy: I gagged BIG TIME. But ya know, double standards, if it were Bono :shifty:

Did anyone catch that documentary film about them? I can't stand them musically, but that looked like it might have alright/interesting.

I thought they were ... okay. Reeve has a very good voice, but their music didn't really excite me.

The first song they played, I swear to god I thought it was Boy Falls From the Sky. All that was missing was that Edge riff, but the chords sounded just like it. We heard them soundchecking it, and I got all excited, thinking we were in for a collaboration.

They covered Bohemian Rhapsody (Reeve just did the melodic beginning part with just him and his guitar) and then The Beatles I Want You (She's So Heavy), but it was sooooooo sloooooooow I was just agonizing for it to be over.

I was impressed by Carney from a technical standpoint, but ya, the songs weren't that great. And the first one wasn't from Spiderman??? My god.
I thought the Queen cover was good and so was I Want You, but cori is right in that it dragged on and on and on. Had they cut out a verse or two, it would've been much more enjoyable

And the first one wasn't from Spiderman??? My god.

I know! I'm very curious to hear if that was a song they had written before all the Spiderman stuff, or if they heard Boy Falls and said "Let's write that song but without Edge's riff."

Carney was overacted. They seemed like poseurs out there and their performance was a bit unsincere. At one point I turned and saw a friend that usually likes the same music as me giving them the thumbs down and I was in total agreement. Waste of time for an opener. Even their outfits (mostly the guitarist) were pure cheese. LA bands are usually crap. Arcade Fire on the other hand brought it and I was rocking out big time. Much rather see someone like BRMC on there instead.

I was impressed by Carney from a technical standpoint, but ya, the songs weren't that great. And the first one wasn't from Spiderman??? My god.
I thought the Queen cover was good and so was I Want You, but cori is right in that it dragged on and on and on. Had they cut out a verse or two, it would've been much more enjoyable

I thoughts as well. Carney were pretty good - better than I had expected after listening to their 30-minute or more soundcheck. There's definitely room for improvement, but they were pretty good. They were much better than The Script, who opened Dublin 3.

As for Interpol, I like their music. However, I've seen them live a couple of times, and they have absolutely zero stage presence. They need to engage the crowd more and show some enthusiasm on stage.

Right from the get go I had to hold a grudge against Carney. Having to wait up on that road for a long time after getting in while they finished sound checking. Grrrrr

Right from the get go I had to hold a grudge against Carney. Having to wait up on that road for a long time after getting in while they finished sound checking. Grrrrr

You can thank the venue for that wait. They lost the keys to the gate padlocks and had to wait for someone to cut them off. I shit you not

I thought Interpol were ok- not as good as Kaiser Chiefs or Snow Patrol.

however Glasvegas were beyond awful- I'd heard they sounded similiar to White Lies (who I really like), so I thought they'd be worth seeing

I should have been suspicious when my brother went for the longest toilet break in history at Croke Park- just as they came on stage.......45 mind numbing minutes later the misery ended- it's rare that I've seen anyone come across as such a bunch of tossers as they did

I know! I'm very curious to hear if that was a song they had written before all the Spiderman stuff, or if they heard Boy Falls and said "Let's write that song but without Edge's riff."

Do you mean this song?
‪"Godspeed" - Carney @ Bowery Ballroom‬‏ - YouTube

If yes, then it's a tricky call. It is from their latest album (2011), but they've been performing it since end 2008/beginning 2009. A quick check on Youtube will reveal that.

Of course, we know the riff/song from the 2006 Rick Rubin sessions and I'm sure Bono/Edge had finished it as one of the first songs for the musical to present.

So it's very likely they were "inspired" by it. :)

Back
Top Bottom