Interference to Tweet Setlists Etc. for the US Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Friends,

I am going to try my hand at tweeting my U2 tour experiences from Chicago, North Carolina, and Atlanta. I will be posting immediate responses & the setlist from the shows themselves.

You can follow us

http://twitter.com/u2interference

I am seeking fun fans & responsible, web/blackberry/iphone savvy people who may want to Tweet their sets & shows for Interference.

Make your application directly to me. Cell phone with internet access required.

Andy@interference.com

Peace!

You don't need internet access to tweet. You can just use text messaging. That's how we did a couple of European shows for U2gigs.com.

I am tweeting from my cell phone, and the deal is as I understand it, only my phone can feed the tweet *as a phone*. But if a person can *log in* to Twitter from their phone using a web connection. If the U2 Gigs guys can teach me, I could do it otherwise.

I am doing the Tweet from Chicago 1 & 2, Raleigh, & Atlanta. I need helpers with all other US dates.

So excited!!!

I may do one from Dallas. I know there aren't as many people doing the Texas shows on here. But, I don't wanna do both cause I wanna enjoy the Houston show and not worry about anything else

SMB

I am tweeting from my cell phone, and the deal is as I understand it, only my phone can feed the tweet *as a phone*. But if a person can *log in* to Twitter from their phone using a web connection. If the U2 Gigs guys can teach me, I could do it otherwise.

I am doing the Tweet from Chicago 1 & 2, Raleigh, & Atlanta. I need helpers with all other US dates.

So excited!!!

You can use more than one cellphone actually. BUT you can only have one active phone at the time. So if you want to change, that person has to text the twitter number and then that phone becomes active. Once someones phone's active, the older number isn't valid anymore.

I can access the twitter site from my phone. I also may d/l twitterberry. If I can get a wifi connection on my ipod touch, I can update through that to save battery life on my blackberry.

Anu, I can actually do both Foxboro shows if you'd like. :)

Let me know which shows you're stuck for. I do my own sporadic tweeting but I'm happy to help Interference out if you have a gap in your list of cities.

If this wasn't my first U2 show, I'd probably be willing to tweet it. However, the show in Chicago 1, and it seems half the stadium will be filled with Interferers, so finding someone else to tweet it shouldn't be an issue.

Anu, there are a few free twitter applications for iphone (if thats wat ur using) that would make it much quicker for u than trying to log in through safari etc.

Id be happy to for Vegas, LA and Vancouver, however I cant confirm whether I will have internet access as I will be getting a pre-paid sim card when i get to the States

I am tweeting Chicago, NC, and ATL. I can tweet directly from my phone since it is the phone connected to the Interference Twitter.

The technical concerns will be for my volunteer Twitter team at the other shows; that is, if I can enlist a volunteer Twitter team!

Anu, is your plan to have the volunteer Twitter team use the Interference account to tweet the setlists? Or are you following the individual accounts and retweeting?

Ideally, folks could log in to our account from their phones using the web and just do it that way. If someone teaches me how to 'retweet,' & folks want us to retweet them to the Interference feed, that would be fine, too.

I was going to attempt to Tweet from Atlanta, but to be honest I have GAs and will probably be jumping, clapping, screaming, etc. too much to even begin to try to type on my phone!

I would tweet the setlist for the PHX show (was going to anyway for the people that follow me), but this will be my first U2 show ever, and I'll probably be too excited to do it and all...

Back
Top Bottom