Interactive movie of new stage setup, multiple cam angles...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope this is just a bad schematic representation of it...could have been a better design than that. Stage you would think would be placed dead centre of field? And what's with the big mast up on the high level? There better be some hidden bells & whistles to this thing....:hmm:

Ok, I'm not getting how it can be an unobstructed view when it looks like if you're in an upper level of the stadium, your view will be obstructed by the giant spider thingy.

Very clever of Bono and Edge to subtly promote the Spider-Man musical with their own 'spider' for the tour. ;)

yea i'm interested to see how the upper levels won't be unobstructed.... not that i have any intention of sitting in the upper levels, but yea. seems like their view would blow big floppy donkey dick.

this looks like a show that should be in a field/festival type arrangement, not a stadium.

:hmm: i'd have to assume the canopy reaches up high enough to give an unobstructed view for the noosebleeds... otherwise we'll be in for a rash of news articles about how u2's new stage setup fucks the fans blah blah blah

Ok, I'm not getting how it can be an unobstructed view when it looks like if you're in an upper level of the stadium, your view will be obstructed by the giant spider thingy.

You expect to be able to see the band after paying $30?

As for the outer ring walkway, Bono got some crowd-surfing to do.

So how does the band travel from the stage to the elliptical thing? I'm still confused about this design. But it seems cool enough...

that's my question. the band hasn't toured without a true catwalk since Lovetown.

It saddens me to say this, but what a let down.

set up looks boring and impractical. There is nothing new and super exciting here. The best i can think is that the top white canvas bits are going to have video projection all over them. my bet is the spire has speakers in it all the way up, and the tippy top is some kind of cellphone deal (it is the Blackberrry TM Tour).

Maybe i'm just disappointed that this doesn't look nearly as wild and exciting as I thought it was going it.

Unlike ZooTv or PopMart, this is (unfortunately?) not really a show concept as it is an approach. It's just a stage design that tries to afford a view to as many as possible. I agree that the top canvas will probably be covered in video projection. For $55 or so, being in the GA crowd, you don't really see much of the video projection anyway, but it doesn't seem that exciting audiovisually to folks in the nosebleeds.

That being said...

U2 doesn't put on a boring live show, and I'm sure there will be plenty of coolness and surprises. I won't lie when I say that looking onto the stage and up into the lit-up canopy from ground level will probably be incredible. But yes, was definitely hoping for more spectacle. I wonder how/where those $30 seats will be...

Unlike ZooTv or PopMart, this is (unfortunately?) not really a show concept as it is an approach. It's just a stage design that tries to afford a view to as many as possible. I agree that the top canvas will probably be covered in video projection. For $55 or so, being in the GA crowd, you don't really see much of the video projection anyway, but it doesn't seem that exciting audiovisually to folks in the nosebleeds.

That being said...

U2 doesn't put on a boring live show, and I'm sure there will be plenty of coolness and surprises. I won't lie when I say that looking onto the stage and up into the lit-up canopy from ground level will probably be incredible. But yes, was definitely hoping for more spectacle. I wonder how/where those $30 seats will be...

While were judging the show 4 months before the first show, what are your thoughts on the setlist?

The video sphere thing is facing down at a slight angle. Viewable to those not immediately near the stage.

the computuer animation seems vague on how the band/staging/crowd and white canvas will be lit.

While were judging the show 4 months before the first show, what are your thoughts on the setlist?

The video sphere thing is facing down at a slight angle. Viewable to those not immediately near the stage.

the computuer animation seems vague on how the band/staging/crowd and white canvas will be lit.

Bwaha! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom