Inner Circle: How late can I show up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runbyu1

The Fly
I checked the FAQ's and the GA Tips and Tricks thread among others and couldn't find a suitable answer. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

I'm going to the show in SLC tomorrow and am taking a date that I've only met once for five minutes. So the questions are:

How late can we show up and still get in the inner circle? Anybody that went to Denver have a gauge? We showed up around 4pm in Vegas a year and a half ago and got in but I doubt that is likely in most places, especially SLC and the die hards there!

How many people does the inner circle hold?

Showed up at 5 or 5:30pm in Melbourne and got 3rd row on Adam's side. I know that strategy worked for a number of friends throughout Australia and Europe too.

But it really can vary from country to country. By the sounds of it, things were a bit different at the recent South American and Mexican shows.

Hey GH,

from what I've seen people have been able to arrive as late as 6:00 to 6:15 for US shows and still get in the inner circle. I also saw someone say the inner circle holds 2000 to 2500, but that seems a little high to me.

Good luck, I'm gonna try for it too.

Hey GH,

from what I've seen people have been able to arrive as late as 6:00 to 6:15 for US shows and still get in the inner circle. I also saw someone say the inner circle holds 2000 to 2500, but that seems a little high to me.

Good luck, I'm gonna try for it too.

It varies greatly from city to city. Ive gone in several times just a few minutes before the show starts and have gotten in with out waiting in line at all.

Sometimes, people assume the inner circle is full and dont even try to go in. This happened for me at a few big shows (NJ/Pasadena/Foxboro)

Yeah, the way I see it is that it's really only worth lengthy queuing if you want the rail. Good spots can be had with minimal queuing otherwise - ESPECIALLY if you go to Adam's side, it seems. I've noticed a trend of people congregating around the middle and Edge's side.

The line's already past 150 people, so good luck with that. :wink:

Nah, it indeed holds about 2000 people, and in most gigs you'll get in the circle even as late as 7pm. But don't expect a railspot or to be very much in the middle. Those spots are taken, but if you're fine with standing in the sides(the boys will still be visible, if you're on Edge side, he plays to the side a lot), then you're good to go.

Also, not that many people go behind the Red Zones (people passing it are generally heading for the inner zone itself and don't give it a second thought), but it has a really good line of sight to the stage. The crowd around there usually isn't that enthused, so if that may be a buzzkill for you then give it a miss, but Matt filmed a good amount of the U2gigs videos from that position after showing up really late.

Yeah, the way I see it is that it's really only worth lengthy queuing if you want the rail. Good spots can be had with minimal queuing otherwise - ESPECIALLY if you go to Adam's side, it seems. I've noticed a trend of people congregating around the middle and Edge's side.

Yes, people.... go over to Adam's side....
:up::up::up::up::up::up::up:
:applaud:

It varies greatly from city to city. Ive gone in several times just a few minutes before the show starts and have gotten in with out waiting in line at all.

Sometimes, people assume the inner circle is full and dont even try to go in. This happened for me at a few big shows (NJ/Pasadena/Foxboro)

Where is the entrance to the inner circle exactly? Is it at the front, or on the left or right side by the Red Zones? If we get there kinda late, it may be good to know exactly where to go to get in.

Also, not that many people go behind the Red Zones (people passing it are generally heading for the inner zone itself and don't give it a second thought), but it has a really good line of sight to the stage. The crowd around there usually isn't that enthused, so if that may be a buzzkill for you then give it a miss, but Matt filmed a good amount of the U2gigs videos from that position after showing up really late.

:up: Got to LaPlata 3 shortly after doors opened, walked right in and got rail behind the Red Zone - great spot.

Where is the entrance to the inner circle exactly? Is it at the front, or on the left or right side by the Red Zones? If we get there kinda late, it may be good to know exactly where to go to get in.

You can go one of two ways, either to the left of the claw, or right. Go past the front claw leg to the side of the claw and keep walking. You'll eventually reach a 'gate' which you'll go through then just kind of follow the path around and into the circle...someone had a great diagram on here last year but I can't find it

:up::up: Very correct, however as you said Ax the crowd can be a little on the quieter side. But then again, it seems to be an area where fans can go if they like to move and dance around a little more enthusisatically than some :wink:, I know at Sydney or somewhere there were a group of guys who were going bananas, and they had HEAPS of room to do it!

But it might be more cramped at the American grounds where they're more narrow

Yeah you can go in and out, just remember to get the stamp or whatever they give you.

But as GaleonGirl said, have a read through all these threads, there's a lot of great advice from some very experienced GA'ers :)

I checked the FAQ's and the GA Tips and Tricks thread among others and couldn't find a suitable answer. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

I'm going to the show in SLC tomorrow and am taking a date that I've only met once for five minutes. So the questions are:

How late can we show up and still get in the inner circle? Anybody that went to Denver have a gauge? We showed up around 4pm in Vegas a year and a half ago and got in but I doubt that is likely in most places, especially SLC and the die hards there!

So, what time did you show up and where did you end up? :)

Back
Top Bottom