If you could change just ONE thing about this tour....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i don't see how a stadium can be more stressful than an arena, really. the only thing is there are longer distances in terms of walking involved. even if you have to be in the band's lap, there's more rail space available as well and you're pretty much limited to arriving at the same time as an arena anyway.

some people can't seem to cope without having the band in their lap, for whatever reason.

fuck that, i want a show! if it takes a stadium to get something like what i saw last weekend, keep them in stadiums.

:up:-squared x :up:-cubed

arenas are okay, but there's nothing like looking around and seeing a stadium full of people for a rock show. there aren't many stadium acts left and we're very lucky to be living in 2009 in the age of giant wrap-around video monitors and state-of-the-art sound systems.

Actually, I'd probably take a good theatre over a club. The atmosphere of some theatres simply cannot be beaten.

Good theatre > club > average theatre >>>>> arena >>>>>>>> stadium.

I simply like being able to see the band while having a stress-free concert experience.

i can understand wanting to see a band in a small venue, but other than waiting in line all day and freaking out because YOU HAVE TO BE IN FRONT OF THE EDGE OR THE WORLD WILL END!!!!!, what's there to be stressful over?

everything looked and sounded so good and i felt so close (even though I was outside the walkway), there were a few times i forgot i was at a stadium show

as far as what i'd change, i would have had the tour start in the US :)

-dan

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show and had an amazing time, and yes I understand that the Claw would not work in an arena - that's why I posted a wink smiley.

I like a good bit of spectacle as well, but I still prefer arena shows. It has nothing to do with stress or needing to be right up front, I just do. So sue me.

Totally not a big deal and nothing for everyone to get all HURF DURF ENTITLED AMERICAN FANS* about it.

*not that anyone went there, but you just know that this is where the conversation is heading, based on past threads

i don't see how a stadium can be more stressful than an arena, really. the only thing is there are longer distances in terms of walking involved. even if you have to be in the band's lap, there's more rail space available as well and you're pretty much limited to arriving at the same time as an arena anyway.

:up: I'll take a stadium every time.

some people can't seem to cope without having the band in their lap, for whatever reason.

fuck that, i want a show! if it takes a stadium to get something like what i saw last weekend, keep them in stadiums.

Some people just like different things than you do. Is that ok with you? :rolleyes:

The one change would be more 90's material. They aren't using the Crab to its full potential in my opinion. That music was made for a tour like this. They have a "spaceship" but won't play music so ahead of its time. I don't quite understand why they have ignored so much of it even in soundchecks. :shrug:

start magnificent, 2nd song should hit RIGHT into mofo right after the last chord of magnificent hits and keep bad constantly and put that right before WTSHNN and end encore with 40

- At least 1 big tune from Pop
- Bono to take off his damn jacket every once in a while
- All 4 members to play a song on the outer ramp (Elevation-style)

Other than that I think the show is perfik

I would like Bono to put the same effort into the songs as Larry and Adam! Im with OP about the chorus of UF being ruined by Bono, and some other songs, which is well documented on this site

I am still on the fence w/ consideration to Arena vs. Stadium but being able to see everything in full view on Sunday night w/ approximately 65,000 people was:drool:

I did talk to a SF Security Guard after Saturday's show she told me that it was a "complete" sell out for both shows & she said it was 75,000 people for each night:ohmy:

Drop that shite opener!

LOL

I actually like Breathe as the opening song mainly for one reason

LMJ:applaud: but I will reiterate what I said months ago before the tour even started let him go longer(PLEABan's:shh:) on the drums in the very beginning like back in the day old school drum solo's:ohmy:

I would not have mind hearing SUC one night outta the two b/c while I like the CD/Studio version I think it would translate much better LIVE:reject:

Note: This is NOT a bitching thread. I think we have more than enough of those goin around already! :wink:

Doesn't have to be specific to the set....can be about the production of the tour, the band's wardrobe, or anything which you'd really like to see done differently

For me it has to be the missing chorus from The Unforgettable Fire. TUF is my favourite album (by any artist), and the title song spent waaayyyy too much time on the bench. Now that it's finally back, I really wish Bono would sing the chorus properly, because he's singing the rest of the song so well! The rest of the band is in top form during TUF as well, plus the visuals are just bloody brilliant!

What would you guys change, if you could change just ONE single thing?

Full band / full arrangement of ZOOROPA. It didn't work during the Zooropa tour because they didn't work out the full arrangement.

I think it'd be great for the 360/Claw

Full band / full arrangement of ZOOROPA. It didn't work during the Zooropa tour because they didn't work out the full arrangement.

I think it'd be great for the 360/Claw

Yeah, I can actually really imagine that working on this tour.

Your Blue Room->Zooropa->Unknown Caller would be :drool:-worthy.

I have no idea about the stats
but are the 90 really that underpresented this tour
given that U2 only released 3 albums in that decade (compared to 6 in the 80s and I do expect more 00s material since it is more recent)
whether you count Passengers as a U2 album or not, it doesn't really have more than 3 songs they could transform to a live show

One and Ultraviolet get played every show
Until the end, Stay and now Your Blue Room seem to appear regularly

do the 80s really get a lot more songs in there?
(taken into consideration there is twice as much material to chose from)

I have no idea about the stats
but are the 90 really that underpresented this tour
given that U2 only released 3 albums in that decade (compared to 6 in the 80s and I do expect more 00s material since it is more recent)
whether you count Passengers as a U2 album or not, it doesn't really have more than 3 songs they could transform to a live show

One and Ultraviolet get played every show
Until the end, Stay and now Your Blue Room seem to appear regularly

do the 80s really get a lot more songs in there?
(taken into consideration there is twice as much material to chose from)

Let's consider all the songs in 'regular circulation':

1. Breathe
2. NLOTH
3. Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Still Haven't Found
9. Your Blue Room
10. New Year's Day
11. Unknown Caller
12. UTEOTW
13. Stuck
14. Stay
15. The Unforgettable Fire
16. City
17. Vertigo
18. Crazy Tonight
19. Sunday Bloody Sunday
20. MLK
21. Walk On
22. One
23. Streets
24. Ultraviolet
25. With or Without You
26. Moment of Surrender

We can break this down into five chunks:
Boy-October-War Era: Two songs (SBS, NYD)
TUF-TJT-R&H: Five (SHF, TUF, MLK, Streets, WOWY)
Achtung-Zooropa-OS1-Pop: Six (MW, YBR, UTEOTW, Stay, One, UV)
ATYCLB-Bomb: Six (BD, Elevation, Stuck, City, Vertigo, Walk On)
NLOTH: Seven (Breathe, NLOTH, Boots, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, Crazy Tonight, MOS)

In that context, six songs for the 90s doesn't seem that bad, although only two of those are true fixtures, as opposed to one from the early 80s, all five from the late 80s, five from ATYCLB-Bomb, and all seven from NLOTH.

I simply like being able to see the band while having a stress-free concert experience.
The stress and standing for six+ hours is part of the experience for me. When the lights go down it's a moment of release like no other.

Like if you wait two weeks and then rub one out.

Back
Top Bottom