How will 360 be topped? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #16
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Guys, trust me on this one. It's definitely NOT the last tour. And the next one may happen faster than you expect..

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Guys, trust me on this one. It's definitely NOT the last tour. And the next one may happen faster than you expect..
Yeah everyones trying to play the last big hurrah tour card... No I don't buy it! The contract with Livenation negates that! Music is a tough business right now! Touring is where the money is at! I don't think stage wise U2 will top it! But with technology advances who knows what we might see?
And the next tour happening quicker than we think! Yeah I buy that cuz like I said touring brings $$$
I'd be happy with a scaled back show i'm a simple girl as long as the band shows i'm happy!

Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #18
New Yorker

the end is the beginning is the end tour
Old 07-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
Refugee

I think about all this stuff- how they're gonna top it, etc... after each tour since ZooTV. I think really hard about how they can do it different, better. How are they gonna do something that hasn't been done before. How are they gonna do it without resorting to being cheesy like the other pop acts? I get stressed out for a minute.

Then I realize I'm not in the band and this is Willie's problem, not mine

But tour after tour I'm blown away by what they've come up with (except maybe a little less blown away by the Vertigo stage which at first seemed like Elevation II, but more spectacular)
Old 07-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #20
War Child

As diehard fans, we hope they'll be willing to return to doing arenas next so we can get more intimate with them. But will they? As mentioned earlier, less work on their part, less shows, less fatigue, less travel, more money quicker and also more prestige for them (news headlines screaming "U2 sold out Invesco Field!" sounds better than "U2 sold out ___ arena!", no?)

But seeing that they were willing to scale back from Popmart stadiums to Elevation arenas, there's hope for arenas next!

They have a few albums worth of songs in the pipeline now, why would they wanna stop touring now?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
The Fly

It's hard to forsee this but I'm pretty sure next tour may be the last one and it's going to be intimate. By intimate I mean, U2's intimate, which may be arenas in North America and stadiums in Europe/Latin America/Oceania. Similar to what they did on VT. I also think they're gonna play rarer songs on the next tour, The Edge mentioned that in an interview lately.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2BROTHR View Post
Dare I say....may it possibly be the last tour ever? I dunno. I think this Moncton gig might have a huge reveal. A symbolic passing of the instruments to Arcade Fire.....just like The Police did to U2 many years ago? I hope not. But after watching 6 shows on this leg, I'm starting to think the writing might be on the wall.
That is just absurd.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #23
War Child

This is very depressive. I have some optimist thoughts:

If we judge solely by who's at the top of their touring game (quantified by what percentage of the audience leaves a show feeling like, "WOAH! Some concert!"), and not on their age, Britney Spears should stop touring before U2 does.

A friend saw Britney at Summerfest in Milwaukee, and said friend was disappointed. I think she echoed quite a few members of the audience in her review to us: lip-synching her songs, only an hour-long performance, 90s dance routine (walking quickly to one side, doing the fisty powpowpow thing), clunky dance moves (with fisty powpowpow thing), sprayed-on abs (as it appeared from the second row). Let's not forget part of Britney's schtick is dancing and looking fit. Our boys know that they can't dance, at least they know.

Ok, back to U2 and ack to pessimism. I just watched a fan meet-n-greet id of Bono in Salt Lake 2011. Someone was making convo with Bono while he signed, "Do you plan to come back to SLC lots?" Bono goes something like (and you can practically hear the "nah...") "We love performing for all of you who have given us a great life, but it takes a lot of energy to do this. We have families to think about..."

I'm sure you all've heard Bono say this before
Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand0lotion View Post
A friend saw Britney at Summerfest in Milwaukee, and said friend was disappointed. I think she echoed quite a few members of the audience: lip-synching her songs, only an hour-long performance, 90s dance routine (walking quickly to one side, doing the fisty powpowpow thing), clunky dance moves (with fisty powpowpow thing), sprayed-on abs (as it appeared from front row). She said Nikki Menarge (?!) was much better at Summerfest.
Was she actually expecting Britney to sing????

(and it's Nicki Minaj )
Old 07-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #25
War Child

whoops, sorry I edited the Britney reiew while you were posting. No, my friend wasn't surprised at all, although I was shaking my head *silently* and secretly being elitist thinking, thank heavens I have a higher music group to worship
Old 07-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:20 PM
I have major love for some Britney songs, but yeah, I certainly don't feel the need to go see her in concert.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:20 AM
I think this could be the last huge U2 stadium tour. They seemed to be trying to cover all the bases and visit places they'd never been before or hadn't been to for a long time. And this has been a really long tour. I'm guessing that they'll do arenas next time and it will probably be a lot shorter, maybe like Elevation. They've had the biggest tour in history, played to 7 million people, and broken all the records; been there, done that, and now they can relax.

I've always gotten the impression that Larry really doesn't want to tour that much; I can see him being the one putting the brakes on and wanting to stay home with his kids, while Bono seems to really enjoy it. Listening to the live feed from U2.com the other night, it sounded like Bono was crying a few times, and he usually doesn't seem to do that until the very end of the tour. I thought it was a little strange that he was losing it when there were still six or seven more shows to go.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #28
War Child

^no, Larry still wants to "schlepp" his ass around the world because he believes in touring.

I need to get out of this thread. /melancholy & depression
Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #29
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Larry is actually the one that wants to stop this tour lol. Bono wants to keep going.

But yeah, I doubt they'll try to top 360, it'll be either similar or downscaled. But PLEASE continue to play stadiums, at least in Europe. I don't want to have arena's here, they're WAY too frickin' small so it'd be a horror getting tickets.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor

Anytime you have a band that's getting up there in age, you can never be completely sure if it's the last tour or not. We already came very close to the end with bono's back surgery. Just take it all in, savor the moment, and hope for a few more.