How to handle spouse that DETESTS U2!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm already in the doghouse and I haven't even done anything yet!!!

Well that, there is another reason something ain't right!

You're going to get a U2 Prenup????? :lmao:

U2 will be in my vows, pre-nup, post-nup...:heart: So far I've been pretty good about weeding out the "haters" early on knowing that if we can't see somewhere near eye-to-eye on U2 there's bound to be other issues that we won't be compatible on.

:hug:

I am married with kids and have a wife that understands that my love of U2 is part of the package. I can't say that she "hates" U2, but she definetly not a fan beyond the slight casual level.

Does every big holiday involve U2? Do you break from holidays when U2 break and then holiday when the band tour? If you say that you only go to Europe with the wife when U2 tours Europe, then I'd say that she has a legitimate complaint. Once to a few times, maybe a holiday with combined U2 tour can be special and she has obviously compromised to now to accept it to a point. The arguement being made here is that you can only make time for her if it involves U2 and you can can only make an effort to plan a holiday with her if it involves U2.

I am making a big assumption here that your wife and you have only been to certain places because U2 were there. I apologise if I am way off here.

The problem might not be the fact that you love this band. It might be that she sees you only seem to make a serious effort to experience the globe with your wife and U2. Have you done a lot of travelling with the wife that didn't involve U2?

If your wife says that she "hates" U2 and, yet, attends more U2 concerts than most U2 fans, then she has definetly done her duty to be supportive of your U2 love. Could you see yourself travelling the globe following your wife's interest and that interest being something you couldn't really care about?

I don't know you at all and I don't want you to think that I'm siding with your wife. I'm just throwing this stuff out there.

All the best to you. And do work it out. :up:

The last 5 year's holidays

04 - did 2 7 day carribean cruises(non U2)
05 - Ireland & Wales (U2 and holiday) (13 Days), week chicago (U2)
06 - 12 Day meditteranean Cruise (Non U2), 3 day cruise (Caribbean (Non U2)
07 - 7 Day Cruise Caribbean(Non U2)
08 - 2 Weeks vacation Scottish Highlands & West Wales(non U2), Xmas in Vermont(non U2)
09 - 10 or 11 days Ireland (U2 & Holiday)

I know you guys are only seeing my side of the issue but I desperately am trying to see my wife's point of view.

Well, you have plenty of time Mellow to make plans for next year. Give your wife some space and maybe raise the possibility again later.

Now, is there one place that your wife really would like to go that isn't in Europe?

08 - 2 Weeks vacation Scottish Highlands & West Wales(non U2), Xmas in Vermont(non U2)

I know you guys are only seeing my side of the issue but I desperately am trying to see my wife's point of view.

My wife just walked in, I showed her this post.

1. She thinks your wife is nuts.

2. Now I'm in the doghouse! Thanks alot, man! :angry:

:wink:

Sorry GVOX . Can't help but have a giggle at that one.Didnt mean to put you in the doghouse!
:madwife::bono::adam::edge::larry::shrug:

Well then, I think you're in the clear in my books, but the doghouse owns me so what do I know. :wink:

You and freakin flaming C over there are ruining it for men everywhere.

:lol:

I am very fortunate to have a wife who has grown to love U2 and also likes to travel. We're already starting to think about our vacation next year and trying to catch 1 or 2 U2 shows while overseas.

BTW, if you need lessons, send me a PM and I'll be happy to provide any advice. :sexywink:

I am very fortunate to have a wife who has grown to love U2 and also likes to travel. We're already starting to think about our vacation next year and trying to catch 1 or 2 U2 shows while overseas.

BTW, if you need lessons, send me a PM and I'll be happy to provide any advice. :sexywink:

Dude I'm totally kidding. My wife and I went to Miami for the last Elevation show for just 2 days and she was cool. The only reason she was a bit miffed this time around is because I didn't bring her to the show. It was just a combo of her work schedule/money/whatever and her not really being honest ie she said oh just go don't worry about me, when in reality she really did want to be there. Next leg, she'll be right there with me no matter what she says I'll get her a ticket, and it'll be all good :up:

Huh, well, I was going to advise some trips that were just Non-U2 related so she could feel that you took time just for the two of you. Mb cut down on a U2 trip to make up for costs or something. BUT golly.... looks like she gets QUITE A BIT of NON-U2 vacations!!! So, now I really dont get it. Wow, Id say she is one lucky girl.
As long as you arent causing money problems and are making a point to spend time with her to show her that she is important to you, I dont get what her problem is. I think she might be jealous that you feel so passionate about something. If you were traveling to almost every show then Id say that was abit much to expect her to put up with but clearly thats not the problem.

best of luck with this.

When I first met my wife in High School one of the 1st questions I asked her was "Do you like U2"? This was in 1996 and I was really getting into UF & Zooropa. So I was on U2 overdrive. 13 years later were married and she has come to respect U2 quite a bit. She gets tired of me talking about them but she knows I'm freak.

I think your wife just needs to understand but at the same time do something or take interest into something she really enjoys. And explain U2 tours every 4 years and their not getting any younger & that you appreciate her understanding/spending time (concerts) at U2 events.

Show her the Electrical Storm video. Maybe she'll get a crush for Larry. :wave:

When I first met my wife in High School one of the 1st questions I asked her was "Do you like U2"? This was in 1996 and I was really getting into UF & Zooropa. So I was on U2 overdrive. 13 years later were married and she has come to respect U2 quite a bit. She gets tired of me talking about them but she knows I'm freak.

I think your wife just needs to understand but at the same time do something or take interest into something she really enjoys. And explain U2 tours every 4 years and their not getting any younger & that you appreciate her understanding/spending time (concerts) at U2 events.

Show her the Electrical Storm video. Maybe she'll get a crush for Larry. :wave:

The truly sad thing to me is that she thought I had a mancrush on Bono when all the time it has been the Edge :shrug:

I have a huge dilemma right now.

My wife has a massive problem with the money I've spent following U2 and she just found out about the 2010 tour. I was dreading when she found out and now she has, I already feel the ice age coming on!!

I'm looking for some guidance here from anyone whose been in a similar situation. I really think this could lead to the breakup of my marriage and I'm not even kidding!!! I can easily afford what I've been spending by the way. We both work have no kids so I'm not depriving anyone of anything with what I'm doing.

Should I just give up my chance of seeing U2 next year for the sake of my marriage. Am I being selfish? What would other people do in this situation.

Give her a kiss, tell her you love her and seek help for an (with all due respect) alsmost unhealthy obsession with a group of 4 almost 50 year olds. Good luck! l:up:

Dude I'm totally kidding. My wife and I went to Miami for the last Elevation show for just 2 days and she was cool. The only reason she was a bit miffed this time around is because I didn't bring her to the show. It was just a combo of her work schedule/money/whatever and her not really being honest ie she said oh just go don't worry about me, when in reality she really did want to be there. Next leg, she'll be right there with me no matter what she says I'll get her a ticket, and it'll be all good :up:

I know you were kidding. Unfortunately, my attempt at sarcasm wasn't too successful.

But like I said before, if this is really causing issues in your marriage, U2 isn't the real problem.

Bingo!

My ex barely tolerated my obsessions, and yet he spent way more time, money and effort on his than I ever thought of spending on mine.

He wasn't a music lover/concert goer. Now? We're divorced, and I go to as many fucking concerts as I want, without listening to bitching. It's pure bliss. :)

Bullshit. No one takes issue with Barry.

:fanilow: :heart:

I have a huge dilemma right now.

My wife has a massive problem with the money I've spent following U2 and she just found out about the 2010 tour. I was dreading when she found out and now she has, I already feel the ice age coming on!!

I'm looking for some guidance here from anyone whose been in a similar situation. I really think this could lead to the breakup of my marriage and I'm not even kidding!!! I can easily afford what I've been spending by the way. We both work have no kids so I'm not depriving anyone of anything with what I'm doing.

Should I just give up my chance of seeing U2 next year for the sake of my marriage. Am I being selfish? What would other people do in this situation.

Slip her an ambien and sneak out for the night! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom