How to handle spouse that DETESTS U2!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dude, are you rich or what?

1000 concerts, 100 flights, first class... enough!! :angry:

:sad:

No i'm not rich. Like I said i'm using airmiles (free ticket). I
was flying every week to my client so built up a lot of airmiles.

I'm sorry if this came across to you or anyone else as arrogant! I've done my time sleeping on train station seats and hostel floors. I'm now in a position where I can afford certain luxuries (within reason) and listen mate, you only live once so I intend to make the most of it while I can but I am in no way flaunting it. I was just trying to make a point that's all.

I'm sorry if this came across to you or anyone else as arrogant! I've done my time sleeping on train station seats and hostel floors. I'm now in a position where I can afford certain luxuries (within reason) and listen mate, you only live once so I intend to make the most of it while I can but I am in no way flaunting it. I was just trying to make a point that's all.

Fuck em. If you've got it flaunt it. I WANT to hear about vestal virgins attending to your every whim:drool:

I'm not saying you're arrogant, I'm just saying.... damn, you got money... I can't even buy a hot dog sometimes =(

ajahahaa
:wave:

have a blast!

I'm happy to read this comment. I first saw Zoo TV in university. That was my first U2 show. Despite barely having to pennies to rub together, I somehow managed to see Zoo TV three times.

Now that I have my career, it's a blessing to afford certain luxuries when travelling to see my favourite band. Best of all, I try to share those luxuries with other fans, such as buying an extra ticket or two......allowing people to crash on the floor of a hotel room....

Anywhoo....my wife's favourite band is Radiohead. Luckily we manage to see a wack of other shows and not just U2 shows. Diversity is the key. Two summers ago we went to Radiohead, Tool, Depeche Mode, NIN, Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam......diversity and respect for each other's interests is the key.

Anywhoo....my wife's favourite band is Radiohead. Luckily we manage to see a wack of other shows and not just U2 shows. Diversity is the key. Two summers ago we went to Radiohead, Tool, Depeche Mode, NIN, Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam......diversity and respect for each other's interests is the key.

It helps that your wife is an absolute lovely human being. :wink: :yes:

I'm happy to read this comment. I first saw Zoo TV in university. That was my first U2 show. Despite barely having to pennies to rub together, I somehow managed to see Zoo TV three times.

Now that I have my career, it's a blessing to afford certain luxuries when travelling to see my favourite band. Best of all, I try to share those luxuries with other fans, such as buying an extra ticket or two......allowing people to crash on the floor of a hotel room....

I loved Radiohead also but my wife is into Salsa music (Miami!!!) but I've taken her to quite a few shows (including one on our honeymoon ;)) and she likes some songs but doesn't get the fanaticism we feel. She thinks it's a waste of money and it's OUR money!! The movie "Groundhog Day" pretty much sums up our "discussions" about the whole thing..

"diversity and respect for each other's interests" is a great great thing if you can get it. My wife has a mental block when it comes to U2.

Back
Top Bottom