How to get in the inner circle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't see how a lottery could be managed with thousands of people waiting in line...Again though, my experience in these matters is quite limited

And, it would probably be better to be the first one in line that doesn't win the lottery, than to be the last winner in the lottery.

If that makes sense. :huh:

Mark

did you butcher the spelling on purpose?

bono said only fans who wear the Ong Song Sushi mask get inside the ellipse, so start printing if you want a good spot

even though there will be thousands of people with GA tickets, there won't be thousands of people in line when the gates open. you'd be surprised how empty the floor is even when the opening act starts.

i am sure they will use one gate, everything will be okay, everyone will have a good time and the sun will rise the next day.

I can't see how a lottery could be managed with thousands of people waiting in line...Again though, my experience in these matters is quite limited

-dan

even though there will be thousands of people with GA tickets, there won't be thousands of people in line when the gates open. you'd be surprised how empty the floor is even when the opening act starts.

oh there were thousands of people queuing hours before the gates opened at the Nice stadium show last tour, and it was a matter of getting squeezed thru the crush at the gates and running for your life to reach the pitch, then getting thru another crush at the entrance to the front section to get a good spot... it was hell i tell ya :D

mind you, there were 40 000 standing at Nice and v. little seating, so that's probably not a good comparison... i don't know how many GA there are at normal stadiums which have seating as well??

oh there were thousands of people queuing hours before the gates opened at the Nice stadium show last tour, and it was a matter of getting squeezed thru the crush at the gates and running for your life to reach the pitch, then getting thru another crush at the entrance to the front section to get a good spot... it was hell i tell ya :D

mind you, there were 40 000 standing at Nice and v. little seating, so that's probably not a good comparison... i don't know how many GA there are at normal stadiums which have seating as well??

Hmmmm... I don't like the sound of this. Hopefully things will be a little more civil this tour as Nice will be my first show with GA tickets. Was the entire audience GA standing in 2005?

so i wonder when Chicago rolls around, if i could still get to the stadium at 4pm and be part of the first 3,000 people.

Hmmmm... I don't like the sound of this. Hopefully things will be a little more civil this tour as Nice will be my first show with GA tickets. Was the entire audience GA standing in 2005?

i think it was all compounded because gate-opening was a real fiasco with fans at the last gate (who'd arrived first the night before) going ballistic when the other gates started going in...

pretty much most of the audience was standing yeah in 2005 - only the "Carre Or" stands at the back were seating (a lot of VIPs apparently), and there was some seating (not numbered on one of the side stands, but apparently it worked out as 40,000 standing overall - see if you can google some aerial shots of that concert - it's quite mindblowing to see! after getting thru the gates, people either sprinted the long way round to get to the pitch, or ran up the steps and over the stands! it was crazy! health and safety nightmare!

i think this year's set-up is different though as the stage will be right in the centre of the pitch, and i'm not sure, but there might be different entrances this time to the stadium (north/south??)

good luck though! it was a bad experience for me, i think mostly because of the sheer volume of people standing, but i did manage to get into the enclosed area and stood near the back by one of the B-stages so was luckily not crushed or anything, but the crowd behind the enclosure was vast! i think the 360 set-up will be much better at the Nice venue though... :)

so i wonder when Chicago rolls around, if i could still get to the stadium at 4pm and be part of the first 3,000 people.

maybe! at Elevation, i arrived at the arena at 6/7pm and ended up a few rows outside the rail of the Heart (we could've got right on the rail if we wanted as there was hardly anyone on the rail when we got into the arena but my partner wanted to be back a bit to get a good view hehe), was all just nice and mellow with no crazy running or anything... you never know i guess...

you're welcome! i'm sure you'll have a fab time! :)

ps- take lots of water and sun protection with you if you can - it was so hot last time the Nice fire department kept hosing the crowd down both outside the gates and inside haha!

Greetings from within the heart of the claw! This boy is gonna give Bono a clap on his shoulder tonight.
Queued since this morning. Ran in at 5:30. Best spots ever. Next to catwalk, 15m from main stage. Good craic here in Barcelona!

Greetings from within the heart of the claw! This boy is gonna give Bono a clap on his shoulder tonight.
Queued since this morning. Ran in at 5:30. Best spots ever. Next to catwalk, 15m from main stage. Good craic here in Barcelona!

Lucky bastard! :lol:

Veel plezier!

Based on the following information from U2.com, it appear that there will be No Lottery. First Come, First Serve will determine who gets inside the inner circle. Nearly 3,000 people will be allowed in the inner circle.

Here is a basic guideline of what the U2 360° Tour has planned for the General Admission/Field Entrance Procedures. Please check for any updates as we fine tune these details once we start our tour.
For safety reasons, The U2 360° Tour, along with the stadiums, will not permit any overnight camping or lines on venue property. This includes parking lots and streets surrounding the venue. All gates and entrances to these points will be closed. We plan on allowing General Admission/Field patrons to begin queuing at the venue entrances between 9:00am - 12pm on SHOW DAYS. This time will be based on local authority's regulations. We will try to post these times on the website once we get this information. Local and tour security staff will assist patrons with field/pitch tickets to the general queuing line, which should be one centralized location.The U2 360° Tour will not have any responsibility if field/pitch ticket holders "police" themselves with the use of a numbering system.
We will only recognize the "first come first serve" system based upon actual entry at gates at the specified time. We have requested that the venues provide port-o-lets if no exterior restroom facilities are available. Other amenities (for example misting stations and concessions) will be available ONLY at venues where space and permits allow. Items such as banners or flags on sticks, coolers, bottles, cans, umbrellas, portable chairs or electronics (other than mobile phones and point and shoot cameras) will be not be allowed in the stadium, so please make arrangements to store these items prior to your entry into the stadium.
Once the general admission gates open, the U2 Tour Staff with assistance from local authorities will supervise the filling of the "inner circle"
We ask that these ticket holders proceed in an orderly fashion as to not risk injury to one's self or others. Once the inner circle has reached capacity, the remaining ticket holders will be allowed to fill in on the general field/pitch area.Patrons that gained entrance to the "inner circle" will be either wrist banded or stamped upon their exit from that area. It is important that all patrons keep their tickets in their possession as they may be asked for both forms of proof.

http://community.u2.com/reply/195011/t/GA-OFFICIAL-POLICY-HAS-ARRIVED-Scroll-down.html#reply-195011

Back
Top Bottom