how many nights have you camped out for tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellow moog

War Child
I guess I'm aging myself here but how many nights have you camped out for U2 tickets in the days when you had to to guarantee a good ticket!!!!

Here goes:

Wembley Stadium : 87 - Stayed overnight outdies Cardi St Davids Centre in
March 87

Point Depot 89 - Camped at the point in Nov 89 for tix.

Earls Court : 92 - Camped outside side of Earls Court overnight

Wembley Stadium : 93 - Camped outside wembley stadium box office i think about 7 months before!!!!

never camped out for tickets, but for the Vegas Elevation show I drove 10 hours from Orgon to Central California so I could be at the closest Tickets.com outlet inside a grocery store. Didn't trust buying tix online.

Hi! US person here. In the old days, two nights was my max. Did it outside a record store in New Jersey for Joshua tree. Before that, they weren't too popular here in the US and it was easy to get tickets for the Capitol Theatre for War tour. That was in 83, I think.

I never camped out either. I got them through Prop or my brother would get them for me.

I want to go to Gillette to buy tickets this time, but I don't even know if they'll sell them there or not, anyone know?

Me and my buddy Gibba camped out in Providence for the JT tour in '87. Met some really cool folks and shared loads of bootlegs. Good times. Too old for that now.

I want to go to Gillette to buy tickets this time, but I don't even know if they'll sell them there or not, anyone know?

Give them a call...I know that for most big shows in the NY area, the first day is online and phone only, with tickets not available at the venue until the next day, if any remain, and that is the case this time for U2 at Giants Stadium.

Never camped out for U2 tix...however for the JT tour I suddenly disappeared for a four hour lunch when they had a lunchtime radio announcement that tix would go onsale right at that moment. I have camped out a couple of times for tix to other shows though.

Just once for me. In Derry in November 1989 for tix to the New Year's Eve show at the Point in Dublin. Worth it? Oh yes sirree!

is anyone going down to Gillete on Monday morning? Do we even know if they will be selling tickets at the box office? If they are...I am going as I think you have better chances there compared to over the phone or online

^I plan on going, I just wish we could get confirmation that they'll be on sale, anyone call yet?

Wow -- I camped out at RFK in 1992 as well! I was a student at Georgetown and my buddy and I got to RFK around 10am the day before tickets went on sale. We were already like 80 or so in line, so didn't get front floor seats. Still the overnight experience in line with the real fans and the bums paid by the scalpers was surreal ...

Back
Top Bottom