How Do you like your tickets? (UPS, Regular Mail, Will Call)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you get your tickets delivered to you?

• Total voters
Usually standard.. but I had fed ex banging on my door yesterday morning with my TO2 tickets :down: but yay that they are here.

I got mine through TicketFast... reading some posts here, though, I guess that was a stupid mistake of inexperience?

I got mine through TicketFast... reading some posts here, though, I guess that was a stupid mistake of inexperience?

Not at all. If you had to sell them you might have a tougher time. Otherwise the only reason I don't do Ticketfast is because it's a couple bucks more.

Ok, here's a really crappy cell phone pic:

U2360RoseBowl.jpg

It's just the middle part. ;)
:up:

I go standard mail because if they are lost, they are simply invalidated and new tickets issued. I feel sorry (wait - no I don't! lol) for the idiot who tries to steal TM tickets out of the mail though, they're in for a rude surprise when they show up at the venue ;)

I go standard mail because if they are lost, they are simply invalidated and new tickets issued. I feel sorry (wait - no I don't! lol) for the idiot who tries to steal TM tickets out of the mail though, they're in for a rude surprise when they show up at the venue ;)

That was my worry, but it sounds like they protect the person that bought them... But what about the jerk that SELLS the tickets he stole from you? That must have happened before...

I've always used standard mail. I say it's pretty safe to get them standard mail. You just have to be on the lookout for it, because it won't say Ticketmaster on the envelope. It comes in a pretty plain envelope. I've ordered so many times from Ticketmaster that I've recognized what their envelopes look like, so as soon as I get them, I save them somewhere safe. Even if the tickets get lost in the mail or something, you can always call TM up before the show. They'll cancel your tickets and you'll be able to pick them up at the will call window during the show. I had to do this when I ordered a US Open ticket and it didn't arrive by the time I had to go to NYC already. So I just went to the Will Call window, gave them the credit card that I used to purchase the ticket, and they issued a replacement without any problem.

Standard mail is free at Ticketmaster, and I've never had a problem using it, always get my tickets right away.

Got 4 coming by standard mail. However, 2 of them are worth $252 a piece, so if I wasn't panicking when I ordered, I probably would have picked them up.

Never had a problem before with standard mail, here's to hoping there's no problem this time.

99% of the shows I go to are in Canada so I just pick them up at the Ticketmaster outlet at the mall. But for shows it he States I have to get them sent via standard mail. I hate doing that cause it makes me nervous but......

Not at all. Buying ticketfast tickets off ebay or something would be risky. I felt so bad for a couple in Vancouver last tour. They had come from Winnipeg and bought thier two tickets off ebay. The tickets were ticketfast tickets. Anyways when they got to the show their tickets were invalid cause the asshole had made copies of the tickets and they had already been scanned by someone else. I felt so bad for them. Who knwos how many people he/she ripped off. NEVER buy ticketfast tickets off a site like ebay, stubhub or whatever.

I got ticketfast tickets last tour and had to sell them... lucky I have 100% feedback on eBay and have a record of selling past U2 shows... but I wouldn't BUY them myself off eBay. 99% of people are trustworthy, but those 1% really ruining your day -- and I'm a skeptic at heart.

I just got 2 sets of tickets in the mail. Regular and UPS.

It's so funny how I never even considered anything else but UPS for last 2 tours (or ticketfast one show)....

Now my fun part is I'm selling one set of tickets to my friend, now how should I ship them to him as there is no backup then...

UPS overnight. :up:

Fedex Ground will be fine. You can declare a larger amount if you need to. It's reliable.

I got my ticket yesterday through standard mail from the chicago 1 presale. Quicker than i thought it would be. Ticketmaster is pretty stupid. It's still a plain white envelope, but below the return address there's something like "get your tickets at ticketmaster.com" or something.

I want them to arriva via carrier pigeon. Right now. :waiting:

Seriously, I'd prefer standard mail, but I had no option to chose. Most sites send them via courier, mainly DHL, which is secure, but also complicated, because they arrive in the middle of the day, you have to be at home, otherwise you'll have to call and arrange something else, give another address.

My Zagreb tickets will arrive with registered mail, which is fine, because I will be at home in the morning when they arrive.

I wish my tickets would have been shipped by now :uhoh:

I really don't mind paying an extra 20-30€ if I would get the tickets within 2 weeks after delivery! I do like to have them all on my table and not wait for them for 3 months and receive them 20 days before the gig. I don't even care about trades and such, but I would just rather have the tickets and be sure everything is fine. :)

I want them to arriva via carrier pigeon. Right now. :waiting:

Seriously, I'd prefer standard mail, but I had no option to chose. Most sites send them via courier, mainly DHL, which is secure, but also complicated, because they arrive in the middle of the day, you have to be at home, otherwise you'll have to call and arrange something else, give another address.

My Zagreb tickets will arrive with registered mail, which is fine, because I will be at home in the morning when they arrive.

I wish my tickets would have been shipped by now :uhoh:

I hear you on that. Ticketmaster IE is waiting another month before they ship the Dublin tickets.

I bought tickets on March 30 & March 31 & all I have received so far is the order confirmation and then the insurance confirmation. I chose standard mail and I have not received a printing/shipping email. Should I be worried???:ohmy:

I bought my second set of tix on Monday and picked them up at the local TicketMaster outlet Tuesday night ... for free ... isn't that an option everywhere???

Back
Top Bottom