Horsens, Helsinki and Vienna - Pre-Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh, right, makes sense. Well then, this'll be hard to beat for smallest gig of 360. Should be great - hope all of you folk can snag tickets one way or another. I imagine there'll be spares floating around on the forum if you can't get through right now.

That's what I'm hoping for. Heck, there's still 10 months to snatch tickets from some other place than the official vendor, I'm just stressed that I can't be on the safe side yet.
It's going to be fantastic.

That's what I'm hoping for. Heck, there's still 10 months to snatch tickets from some other place than the official vendor, I'm just stressed that I can't be on the safe side yet.
It's going to be fantastic.
That's a good attitude to have. Good luck.

Billetlugen.dk is now offering a waiting list for the two Horsens shows.

It seems to me they could just about do a third show on the 18th if they wanted to!

And well done, God Part III! Good to hear. :up:

The Helsinki order page is now giving some sort of strange error message. I wonder if someone finally realized that they weren't supposed to be selling tickets yet.

It seems to me they could just about do a third show on the 18th if they wanted to!
Yeah, it doesn't look like they'd have much trouble selling out a third Horsens show.

Maybe they'll hope that people will buy Hannover tickets instead. (Is that the nearest show to Horsens?)

Yeah, it doesn't look like they'd have much trouble selling out a third Horsens show.

Maybe they'll hope that people will buy Hannover tickets instead. (Is that the nearest show to Horsens?)

Think that's closest, yeah. Hannover will definitely need the help if the weak German sales this year are anything to go by. No way any German city will get a second gig. I'm still mystified that U2 have scheduled three gigs there.

Do wonder if there will be a gig anywhere on the 18th or if the band will go straight from Horsens to Helsinki. I expect there won't be a show on the 18th, but they could certainly fit in Norway, Sweden, or one of the Baltic states then if they wanted.

The Helsinki order page is now giving some sort of strange error message. I wonder if someone finally realized that they weren't supposed to be selling tickets yet.

Yeah, I just checked the page and they're saying that "some sort of mistake in the system has occurred, and to try again later" ....like you said someone must have realized that they were selling tickets too soon! :shrug:

I'm hoping that the demand for tickets for the Helsinki show will also be so high that a second show will be added here too, U2 owe us that much! :wink:

Both Horsens concerts are sold out in a matter of 95 minutes.
It looks like a record.

I'm hoping that the demand for tickets for the Helsinki show will also be so high that a second show will be added here too, U2 owe us that much! :wink:

That'd be sweet, there's certainly room in the schedule - but given how much bigger Helsinki's venue is, I'm not optimistic there will be a second show.

How many tickets do you need, kittykat? I only need one, so I can buy extras and send them to you if you want (if I ever get through)... I think their servers are totally crashed now, nothing but the Sorry page coming up

That's very kind of you to offer! I'm just looking for 1 GA ticket - I don't even know for sure if I'll be able to go to Vienna, so I figure a GA ticket is easier to sell/trade than a single seat.

I just got up out of bed again and tried the site - only the 110 euro seats left...

Apparently those tickets bought for Helsinki due to the public sale being prematurely opened are being cancelled and the price refunded ...

Glad I didn't get through to Eventim.de earlier, they're charging 35 Euros shipping to "Worldwide" for the Vienna tickets, too. That's a ripoff.

Will buy a GA for less than 92 Euros on eBay or at the stadium, insh'allah.

Think that's closest, yeah. Hannover will definitely need the help if the weak German sales this year are anything to go by. No way any German city will get a second gig. I'm still mystified that U2 have scheduled three gigs there.

Why do you think German sales were weak? Granted it was one of the few countries they didnt add 2nd venue dates to but they played to 88,265 in Berlin and 73,704 in Gelsenkirchen (both sold-out). Again, its not their "strong hold" but 162k tickets sold is not really that weak, at least I dont think so.

No e-ticket option. Only these choices:

Standard Post (Germany) - 5 euros
Express Post (Germany) - 10 euros
Benelux and Scandinavia - 16 euros
Switzerland and Austria - 10 euros
World - 35 Euros

Pretty good racket they got going there

Vienna concert is officially "sold out" but there is still the possibility to buy single tickets in at least some category, no GA though.

Austrian media is totally bashing the oeticket system for failing to handle the demand today.

Why do you think German sales were weak? Granted it was one of the few countries they didnt add 2nd venue dates to but they played to 88,265 in Berlin and 73,704 in Gelsenkirchen (both sold-out). Again, its not their "strong hold" but 162k tickets sold is not really that weak, at least I dont think so.

They took ages to sell and some tickets had to be hocked off at discounted prices. Weak market.

It's very brave of U2 to play 3 concerts in Germany next year, I don't know if they will sell out. The two concerts they played there this year sold slowly, but the venues were packed in the end. Prices were to high in the times of economic crises, plus people were saturated, too many big concerts this year and music fans cannot spend an endless amount of money on rock shows. This time, I think it's wise they are announcing the dates so early because they have plenty of time to sell the tickets. Besides, black market and ebayers will have a hard time because tickets won't sell out quickly. Getting tickets for the German shows should be so much easier than getting the tickets for Vienna, which was horrible.

Vienna is officially "sold out", but they say that there may be tickets coming back during this week, if anyone should be interested, check out the oeticket site in the next days.

Does anyone else here experience this?

Today I received an email from U2.com offering me to participate in a pre-sale for the second concert in Denmark. They still tell me, that I am in the Horizon group and my second pre-sale code is still there, green and all, just like when I renewed my membership and before I used it last tuesday to buy tickets for the first concert.

But the FAQ clearly states, that you can only buy tickets for one show in Europe.

Is this a mistake on their part? Would you use your code?

If they found out you used your code more than once, they can cancel all your tickets!!

But then again, this looks like a new offer :hmm:

Today I received an email from U2.com offering me to participate in a pre-sale for the second concert in Denmark.

How can there be a presale for a show that's already gone on sale and sold out?

Sorry, they are not calling it a pre-sale but at special sale, where you can use your pre-sale code.

This is from the email:

" For U2.com subscribers, who have yet to purchase tickets for shows in Denmark, we have been able to secure a VERY LIMITED number of tickets for this second show at Horsens on 16th August."

Since I have already purchased, I have decided not to use my code. I don't want to risk losing my membership or my tickets. The strange thing is, they state in bold letters: YOU ARE IN THE HORIZON GROUP and all that. But that may be, because their system is not sofisticated enough to show who used their codes and who did not.

However the ticket selling company could notice the same address or visa card. And there has been so much confusion, you never know..

I'll do what must be right - let others buy, who don't have tickets yet.

I really want to go to the second concert also, cause it means so much to me, but I might be able to trade some of my tickets for the first concert for this one.

Just wondered, if everyone had their codes still or what.

Last tour, they kept sending me emails to tell me that I had not yet used my code :doh:

I would like one extra ticket for Horsens II, but it's not worth my presale code. Portugal has that priority.

Back
Top Bottom