Holding a place in the GA line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corianderstem and ZuropaFit,
Yes, I was talking about leaving your spot inside the venue to take a restroom break or something. When I saw them in an arena before, people let me back to my place. But when it comes to stadiums, it must be more difficult because it means walking out of a bigger crowd. Imagine explaining to all of them on your way back "I was up there"... :huh:.

Well, what do you guys recommend then? I have a fast metabolism, gotta eat every 2 hours or so, etc. I'll do what I have done with other shows I guess. Eat something and take a snack with me that can satisfy a hunger like a fruit but I think those are not permitted inside the venues. Maybe chocolate bars or granolas. As for drinks, I won't take big gulps, maybe just few sips.

The first time my wife and I saw U2 was during the Elevation tour, and we had GA tickets. I think we lined up about 2 hours before, were given a bracelet, and then were let in an hour before on the floor. We were probably 15 feet back, and it was fairly calm for an area that holds 18K people. Now, for a stadium...once they open the field, won't it be a free-for-all run to the stage?

i have my doubts about the list thing - what happens with your regular fans who aren't "in the know" and turn up to queue at say around 1pm, have no idea about the "list protocol", wait in line all afternoon, and then at 5pm hundreds of people who happened to be on "a list" suddenly appear out of nowhere and push in in front of them?

man i would be pretty pissed off if that happened to me...

Someone should say "hey don't forget to get your number." When we were in Chicago a mother and daughter from Chile got in line behind us and asked about the number on our hand, so they went and got theirs. Generally though the numbering only lasts for the first 200-300 people, maybe not even that far. A majority are already familiar with the system and those that aren't catch on right away. If somehow, someone waited all day without a number, I would think that those in front of them and behind them could vouch for their presence in that spot.

For example, if I get in line at 8am and my husband doesn't get off work until 4pm, is it okay for him to join me in the GA line at that point?

Have your husband take a day off. If I was a couple of spots behind you, I'd be pretty annoyed.

If you get in line 3-4 hours before I can't see what the fuss is about but those of us who fight to get the best spots deserve the best chances.

My 2 cents.

:yes: :up:

I think circumstances have to be taken into account where a person can't get to a venue until evening time, but their friend, partner, spouse, family member, etc., has been waiting all day in line. It would be horrible if said person who arrived in the evening wouldn't be allowed to be with the other half of their party. That's just plain wrong in my eyes.

I still agree with this person's statement. For Vertigo L.A. Staples Center, my best friend and I were #250 or 260 something, and we still got to just 1 or 2 people behind the rail at the tip of the ellipse.

That just the way of General Admission. People are always going to show up later and the line moves back a bit. It's been that way ever since I've been going to concerts since I was a teenager. It's nothing to stress about or let ruin your concert experience.

So I should forget going to GA early in Pittsburgh since my girlfriend can't get out of work earlier then 3 PM? She can get a number in the morning though.

Both of you go after 3pm and you won't be on rail, but one or two people back at worst...I only waited twice longer than getting there at 5 pm and I had great spots even showing up at 6:30pm

Yeah, we never sign people up on a list that aren't there! I mean... c'mon!
It would be TOTALLY UNFAIR to sign up your friend that you have been texting so he/she can have a better spot on the list, but can't show up til the next day.

No one would ever do THAT!

cough, cough, nudge, wink....

Back
Top Bottom