Help Veteran Concert Smugglers Old School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SethVincent

Refugee
Guys I need some Old School Veteran Concert Goers:up:

Long story short today I bought my wife a Past Present & Future Diamond Ring from Zales....on 9/6/09 we will have been together 23 years or since High School:corn:

On 9/12/09 she will be at her first time ever U2 Concert I want to surprise her w/ the ring as U2 ascend The Throne(oops I meant stage:huh:)

Question: Logistically speaking what are my chances of trying to smuggle the ring into the concert without Security using a medical detector or making me empty my pockets w/ her standing right beside me:ohmy::ohmy:

Ok let's go Old School Smuggling like back in the day when we snuck Ju Ju Fruit into a movie theater:|

Help !

Well, in Glasgow our pockets wernt searched, just bags and such.

I figure, as long as you dont need the box, you could shove it in your sock or something.

Guys I need some Old School Veteran Concert Goers:up:

Long story short today I bought my wife a Past Present & Future Diamond Ring from Zales....on 9/6/09 we will have been together 23 years or since High School:corn:

On 9/12/09 she will be at her first time ever U2 Concert I want to surprise her w/ the ring as U2 ascend The Throne(oops I meant stage:huh:)

Question: Logistically speaking what are my chances of trying to smuggle the ring into the concert without Security using a medical detector or making me empty my pockets w/ her standing right beside me:ohmy::ohmy:

Ok let's go Old School Smuggling like back in the day when we snuck Ju Ju Fruit into a movie theater:|

Help !

Put the ring on a necklace and wear the necklace, like Frodo in LOTR. Doubt that you'll have a problem with the metal detector, and it will be safe and sound.

The ring should not make any metal detector go off if its gold, only metal does. People wear jewelry all the time to shows!. Just don't bring it in the box, stick it in your pocket. Sounds like a great idea, good luck.

I wouldn't put it in a pocket - you NEVER know what might fall out or that's the day your pocket develops a hole! I'd do the chain around your neck. You can get a "dogtag" type ball chain at any craft store. Just tuck it in your shirt if you don't normally wear jewelry.

:cute:

And congrats on 23 years :up:

I wouldn't put it in a pocket - you NEVER know what might fall out or that's the day your pocket develops a hole! I'd do the chain around your neck. You can get a "dogtag" type ball chain at any craft store. Just tuck it in your shirt if you don't normally wear jewelry.

I'd be too paranoid about the chain breaking.

Duct tape it to your body. :wink:

I would put the ring box in your pocket and if secruity gives you a hard time, explain the situation

The ring should not make any metal detector go off if its gold, only metal does. People wear jewelry all the time to shows!. Just don't bring it in the box, stick it in your pocket. Sounds like a great idea, good luck.

Damn I feel like a real TARD:doh:you are right why the hell was I thinking it would set off a Metal Detector:ohmy:It is gold yes thanks Kassandra:up:

Thanks Zuropa only bad thing is I wear ZERO Jewlery except a wedding ring if I had anything around my neck I am telling you it would send off RED FLAGS w/ this woman L:madwife:L

I'd be too paranoid about the chain breaking.

Duct tape it to your body. :wink:

Holy Midnight Express Flashbacks (Only The Old Timers Will Get That One):huh:

I would put the ring box in your pocket and if security gives you a hard time, explain the situation

I think we have a winner:hi5:

Thanks Laura:applaud:

Is it just me or does it really seem like a drunk monkey made up the thread title:der:

Ok HARDCORES I failed to mention one thing...on the inside of the ring the words Past Present Future are there w/ some kind of little diamond looking thingy it is tiny but really nice anyway I asked the lady if I could engrave five letters on there she said "yeah no problem what are they?" I said

AIWIY

I could see her thinking WTF & I did not tell her what it means L:cute:L

weren't you trying to get it in without your wife knowing? this doesn't sound like a workable idea.

Coolian:wave:

Why not?

By the 12th I will have turned 40 my wife is 38 I do not forsee her having her hands inside my pockets like back in the day:shh:

Please help if you have an idea about something I am missing:up:

Why not?

By the 12th I will have turned 40 my wife is 38 I do not forsee her having her hands inside my pockets like back in the day:shh:

If I have an insomnia bout this week, I am going to go through all of your posts to see how many times you type "my wife". I think you might hold an interference record. :up:

So ... I get the feeling that Seth is married? He should really be more up front about the whole thing. So secretive, that boy.

;)

Why not?

because i don't see (in the highly unlikely event of security checking your pocket, admittedly) them really letting you take them aside and quietly explain the situation.

because i don't see (in the highly unlikely event of security checking your pocket, admittedly) them really letting you take them aside and quietly explain the situation.

Good point Coolian:up:

Didn't think about that

I didn't think this thing through I mean Jewlery setting off metal detectors:der:

I was just nervous b/c I really want to surprise her

No one knows about this except Interferencer's

I'm a little shocked that there hasn't been a Christopher Walken/Pulp Fiction reference yet. :lol:

Seth, does the ring fit on your pinky finger? If it does covertly slide the ring on your left pinky and bring it in that way. Your wedding ring (you're married right? :wink:) will somewhat "hide" the ring from your wife and security (security won't be an issue anyway), turn the diamond to the inside of your palm. That way you'll know it's there, it's ready to slide off and hand over. If you are worried about it being seen or sliding off, put a band-aid over it.

Mark

I'm a little shocked that there hasn't been a Christopher Walken/Pulp Fiction reference yet. :lol:

Seth, does the ring fit on your pinky finger? If it does covertly slide the ring on your left pinky and bring it in that way. Your wedding ring (you're married right? :wink:) will somewhat "hide" the ring from your wife and security (security won't be an issue anyway), turn the diamond to the inside of your palm. That way you'll know it's there, it's ready to slide off and hand over. If you are worried about it being seen or sliding off, put a band-aid over it.

Mark

Hey Mark:wave:

The female who I cannot name(NSW:shh:) ring size is an 8

(Damn he was right I saw a few posts of mine & I say those two words alot:blahblah:)

I still think LauraMullen had the best idea:applaud:

You should be ok. They have enough to worry about getting 75,000 people into a venue to worry about this. I have never been to a gig that has metal detectors though.

My dad snuck my video camera in to Vertigo far me, he just put it in his coat pocket, and had his coat over his arm as he walked through.

Back
Top Bottom