Help Veteran Concert Smugglers Old School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a little shocked that there hasn't been a Christopher Walken/Pulp Fiction reference yet. :lol:

It was the first thing I thought of:
Koons.jpg

But seriously I doubt a ring is gonna cause any issue with security/metal detectors, just put it in your pocket.

This is so sweet and romantic! Now if I were the receiver, I would say to my husband "Not now honey! Bono just came on stage!" (On second thought, he would know better than to interrupt my concert experience!!!)

Congratulations.

This is so sweet and romantic! Now if I were the receiver, I would say to my husband "Not now honey! Bono just came on stage!" (On second thought, he would know better than to interrupt my concert experience!!!)
Congratulations.

Thanks Beverly

She does not have the Bono Man Crush:reject:

She does think LMJr. is :drool:

I look at it like this in 10 , 20 or more years whenever she sees that ring she will never ever forget the night she got it:cute:nor will I:ohmy:

Have you considered choosing a different song to "do the deed"?

It might work better in a quieter moment, but that is just my view.

On 9/12/09 she will be at her first time ever U2 Concert I want to surprise her w/ the ring as U2 ascend The Throne(oops I meant stage:huh:)

How awesome is that going to be for her?!!:applaud:
I hope you come back to this thread and update her reaction!

I can tell you that security at Wembley was just looking for drinks or weapons.

So i don't think you will have a problem with your ring!

This might border on the dumbest question I have ever asked if not the dumbest:der:

Ladies Of Interference Represent:ohmy:

It has been twenty years since I last did this so bear w/ me:corn:

If a man gives you a ring in a little black box is it better if he hands you the box already opened exposing the ring or leave it closed:reject:

H:shh:LLA

:wave: Hi Vincent! Found the thread!

Love it, can't believe I have missed this. I second or third or whatever it is now, the idea of taking the box and presenting open and then slipping it oh so sexily on her finger. :cute:

Please take a pic, at least after the concert.

btw, you're married? lol

Seth,
You could try a moneybelt--the thing you use when travelling anywhere pickpockets abound. It's like a really thin fanny pack that attaches around your torso, has one or two zippered pockets in the front. And it's thin enough to fit under a layer of clothing so no one knows it's there (pickpockets or your wife). And since it's zippered, the ring won't just fall out. I highly recommend it.
Good luck, and congratulations on 23 years of marriage! That is very much worth celebrating!

On my person:der:

Ok that just always sounds funny to me

I have it in my possession

Have it hidden in my U2 Bootleg CD little black case:shh:

I better not forget it in Ohio:ohmy:

Update/Full Report

This part of the day/night went PERFECT without any problems

She was doing her hair right beside me yesterday before we left the hotel

I got in the safe in the room got the bootleg case where the ring was got it out Stealth put little black ring box in my pocket

Just as Larry started the drums on Breathe

I gave her a kiss & said "Thank you..." ring box open exposing the ring

Her eyes Popped outta her skull:ohmy:

No joke

:sad:

awww! How romantic! So happy this went well and no problems! You are a great hubby!

Sweet :cute:

Thanks Nicv:applaud:

She texted our daughter & told her & texted five of her friends at work too

I keep this well under The Radar I told NO ONE except Interfencer's

Well now we made a deal on the drive home from ChiCLAWgo

She gets a Past Present Future Ring Band which goes w/ the original ring so maybe some of the ladies know exactly what is b/c I do not & I get to take all four children to Raleigh on 10/3 after taking them to Virginia 10/1

Back
Top Bottom