Help over U2 Photo Misuse.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterneillphoto

The Fly
Hi all,

Some of you may remember me form this thread:
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...rapher-who-took-the-hq-paris-pics-207868.html

I have discovered that one of my photos is been used on an apparently widely distributed U2 bootleg CD and even sold on ebay....

See these links:

My photo- IMG_8631-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

CD review site:
Collectors Music Reviews ? Blog Archive ? U2 - North Star Over Paris (Godfather Records GR 573/574)

Ebay Sale:
2CD U2 NORTH STAR OVER PARIS 2010 su eBay.it Rock internazionale, CD, Musica, CD e Vinili

Does anyone know who is behind North Star Records? ANy help much appreciated. As many of you know from my previous thread, I'm happy for people to use my pictures for personal use, thats why they are in high res on flickr, but I'm not happy for people to sell them, especially since I was not even paid to take them myself!

Any help appreciated!

Pete

Well, a couple of things. It's really a Godfatherecords release. And seeing how they are selling bootlegs, they don't really care about copyright. They took my recording from the Vertigo Tour Opener and pressed CD's and sold them...

You can try and go after them, but it might be like pounding your head against the wall. Best bet is to watermark your pics. But that makes it no fun for anyone to share or use personally.

-Chris

I can't believe there is any hope to stop your photo's use.

So, I'd say run with it. Find every place online that your photo gets used and link to it from your web site. Take the abuse and turn it into a (meager) positive by getting as much publicity out of it as possible. Post messages (like here), leave comments where possible, e-mail anyone that uses it and just ask for a credit for the pic.

Not much else you can do at this point.

(It's a fabulous pic BTW.)

I would think that you could at least get the ebay listings removed for copyright infringement. They're usually pretty good about that.

Back
Top Bottom