Have U2 lost touch with the younger generation...NO WAY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think young people wouldn't willingly admit to not liking (or not caring about) U2.

I was saying I don't think young people would have a problem saying they aren't into U2. I think you misunderstood.

I don't think young people wouldn't willingly admit to not liking (or not caring about) U2.

I was saying I don't think young people would have a problem saying they aren't into U2. I think you misunderstood.

Haha probably, like I said the double negatives got to me.

I haven't read all the items in this thread but, I played Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) for my grade 4 class, and they thought it was the absolute coolest that Rhianna and Jay-Z were involved with the track.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Uhh, probably all of us?

It's the ones who refuse to like U2 because of that reason that wouldn't willingly admit it, because they're ignorant. And they're sheep, so they will only express themselves to a level that others will agree with them/like them.

:up: I like you.

I haven't read all the items in this thread but, I played Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) for my grade 4 class, and they thought it was the absolute coolest that Rhianna and Jay-Z were involved with the track.

That's where if I were you I'd be thinking in my head... *sigh*

But hey, it's a way to oversee your master plot of exposing them to U2 by putting them with artists that they already know of. After all, that's why you became a teacher, right? :shifty:

:up: I like you.

Oh why thank you :)

isn't that kind of the point?

I mean every generation wants their own identity don't they? including musical, even though we dip our toes in to other generations music (mostly) i would say we identify with people and music from own gereration? that is not to say can't enjoy music from anytime i just mean when you are looking outward at world usually as a teenager you tend to find parallel with bands/music who share your experiences i.e. more likely if similar ages?

That's where if I were you I'd be thinking in my head... *sigh*

But hey, it's a way to oversee your master plot of exposing them to U2 by putting them with artists that they already know of. After all, that's why you became a teacher, right? :shifty:

I dunno...I didn't feel as though it were a moment to sigh at all. It's not U2's best work....but in this day and age where artists are collaborating on different tracks together all the time (like rappers and stuff) I see it as progressive.

I DO have a master plot of exposing them to U2 all the time. I play Achtung, JT, and Bomb while they are doing art. I get the most reaction from them when they hear Mysterious Ways.

On another note....years ago I remember teaching a bunch of kids at the time and the All Stars Tribute came out on the radio....staring, P.Diddy, Jermain Dupre, Bono, Gwen Stefani, Brittney Spears, Nelly Furtado, Alica Keys, Mary J Blige, Justin Timberlake, Nas, Eve, and Fred Durst. That record his a huge cross section of celebs and genres. I remember playing it in class and my it having a HUGE impression on my kids.. They didn't know who Bono was.....but afterwards they determined if the B man can get that many people together.......he's cool!

Haha make em Bono fans while they're young. I like it.

And I can totally see how Mysterious Ways is a fun, catchy song for kids.

Back
Top Bottom