Has anyone got backstage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Are there any folks out there who got backstage during the European leg?
Or does this just not happen these days.
If so, please tell us your story.
Thanks.

The brilliant part of this tour, is that they eliminated the backstage so now they don't have tons of people begging them for backstage passes.

They're sneaky bastards...

:wink:

actually...since there are seats behind the stage, thousands of people have been backstage.

-dan

Someone here got a backstage tour through the RZ auction and posted a brief review in the Red Zone thread I think. It didn't sound like anything special.

someone was bragging about getting to use the band's toilet, specifically Larry's, and making a bloody mess in there. I dont know if they were being serious or just taking the piss, ( :hmm: ) but i think that post has since been deleted.

This is what was posted in the RZ thread:

"Met a guy who won the backstage tour - said he bought a 300 eur ticket. But what Ive learned he wasnt really blown away from it - saw the technical stuff in the middle of the stadium, went bit of backstage but never met the band and even the girl who was supposed to be some sort of a "backstage tour manager" - a chilean girl - she never had met the band either ..."

Sounds pretty weak so far. Too bad. There was a time when lots of people got backstage...and some even met the boys. But I guess that was long ago and far away.

Sounds pretty weak so far. Too bad. There was a time when lots of people got backstage...and some even met the boys. But I guess that was long ago and far away.

Well if you want stories of people who met the boys there is a section in PLEBA, they meet fans all the time, but I don't know if U2 was ever really the type of band that allowed a lot of non-celeb fans backstage.

To tell ya the truth, I don´t think there is any "Backstage" to this Tour.
That is why they call it The 360ª tour.
There is no Backstage.
Perhaps underrground :hmm:

If I went backstage I would say to the band, "sorry to interrupt politic, may I make a shit in your toilet?"

The RZ backstage tour NEVER included meeting the band.

I haven't heard of anyone meeting the band backstage, except some media people.

I've met the band backstage. But that was years ago. They now have it divided (well I don't know about this tour) into different levels of Backstage pass. The celebrities have their own level and those of us who are mere mortals have a different room and usually don't see the band (although last tour both Edge and Eddie Vedder came out in Seattle) But the beer is still good!

Back in 2001, after the show in Atlanta, we went to where the semi's were loading up (and where the guys limo drives away) and they hung out for a few signing autographs and stuff.

NBC Nightly News did a story a couple of weeks ago about the young girl from the Miss Sarejevo documentary that was interviewed before the show by the reporter (story about the war and the kids that listened to U2 ), and he said that NBC had to pull some strings so she could meet them again backstage.

Here is the clip...it's a great story if you missed it:

NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast- msnbc.com

NBC Nightly News did a story a couple of weeks ago about the young girl from the Miss Sarejevo documentary that was interviewed before the show by the reporter (story about the war and the kids that listened to U2 ), and he said that NBC had to pull some strings so she could meet them again backstage.

Here is the clip...it's a great story if you missed it:

NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast- msnbc.com

They've posted a 10-minute interview with the band, as well, which I believe features one of the longest soundbites from Larry I've ever seen - he even interrupts the interviewer to make his point!

Backstage Passes?

Just wondering if there any Backstage Passes for the North American leg of 360? Do they even exist this tour?? And if so, how does one try and obtain one??? Has anyone even seen any passes for this tour?

You essentially have to be best friends with one of the band to get a backstage pass, I believe.

I had Backstage Passes for many Zooropa Shows and Popmart ...I´m now best friend of the Band or a celebrity????????:hmm::hmm::wink:

Back
Top Bottom