Hanging out all day in line for GA has to be the most fun I've had in a LONG TIME...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The crowd at the Rose Bowl was nice, I agree. They held our spots for us and the general camaraderie was enjoyable. Until... the stampede. :crack:

Anaheim will be my first solo GA experience. I was kinda feeling like a tool for going alone but after reading some of these posts - maybe it won't be so bad.:hmm:

You're never alone at a U2 show. Simply because you always have people around you with something in common, the love for the band.

From my expriences doing GA at the Rose Bowl and Oakland, you make two groups of friends- one when you're actually in the line, and one when you're packed in on the floor.:lol:

But really, most of the time the people around me in line are either sleeping or reading.:wink:

From my expriences doing GA at the Rose Bowl and Oakland, you make two groups of friends- one when you're actually in the line, and one when you're packed in on the floor.:lol:

But really, most of the time the people around me in line are either sleeping or reading.:wink:

That will change in Toronto!:shifty:

Can't wait!!! Will be in GA line Friday with my cousin who's flying in from Mexico. What time should we get there to get a spot in the inner ring maybe even on the rail?

:lol: Where were you when I needed you?

There was a lady in the Seattle queue who's #78 and ended up queuing in front of me (#52) despite my polite admonishment telling her she should be way behind me. The guys around me didn't do a thing, probably they don't like to shun lady queue-jumpers. I felt like pulling her hair and throwing her glasses on the ground. On the fancam I saw she ended up on the front rail, almost center, with a huge freaking sign that says "May I have this dance?" Well, obviously Bono didn't pull her up for a dance, so HAHA, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET, BYOTCH! :tongue:

Oh wait, is this thread about generosity of the fans in the GA line?
That lady was my hostel roommate! Total coincidence. We saw each other for the first time when we woke up the morning after the show, and recognized each other from the concert. She was totally sweet, but I could tell she was crafty. She told me about how she snuck into Paul McGuinness's after party and ended up talking to Larry, and how she'd stalked the band at their hotels in previous cities, etc. :lol: Doesn't really surprise me that she'd maneuver to the front of the line. I was number 33 and she got a better spot than me! Of course, I got knocked in the face during the rush in, which set me back at least 10 people.

Anyway, I always go to shows alone. And I'm guilty of not being very social/outgoing. I hope people don't interpret that as rudeness. I'm happy to talk to people when they approach me, but I mostly keep to myself otherwise.

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

:lol: I was being dramatic. She was actually pretty nice before the line started moving. Apparently she works for Kiehl's and she saw me with Kiehl's sunscreen, and started telling me about the new Kiehl's sunscreen that's so much better and oil-free and yadda-yadda-yadda, and oh look she happened to have it with her so I could try it on. So we chatted a bit. But then apparently she took this to mean hey, since you're wearing my sunscreen, I can jump ahead in front of you which completely changed my opinion on her. PLUS I ended up getting sunburn on my face anyway in Seattle, :angry: so apparently the sunscreen was not so good! :wink:

I've had a lot of fun waiting in GA lines. I haven't done a lot of them, since I just started going GA in 2009, but I've done them alone, and I've also done them with friends now. When I'm by myself, I tend to keep to myself too, maybe talk to some other people who also came by themselves. There were always people offering food, drink, stories of their U2 experiences, so it's always fun. I'd offer to get something for people when I go on my lunch break too. With friends it's nice to be able to chat and catch up, because these are usually my U2/Interference friends who live in different cities than I do, and it's tons of fun seeing the show together.

I'm doing GA alone for both Anaheim shows. I took a friend to the Rose Bowl, but weirdly enough, I enjoy going by myself cuz I branch out and meet more people. These will be my 5th and 6th solo GA trips. Can't wait! :)

Back
Top Bottom