Gothenburg, Milan, Amsterdam - Pre-sale experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YAY!! Congrats! Can't wait to (hopefully) get GA's with my boots code for Foxboro!!!:heart:

Allright so Boots taking over it now and then rest of the world grabbing the rest.... I got mine. Tks for your inputs and suggestions.

Guess a week off now before another lot kicks in - Tuesday i believe for Paris, Nice, Croke, Poland and the UK dates...

Be lucky.

A friend just subcribed yesterday, got in the 'boots' section and could easily buy every section including GA at 3.15 PM. Amsterdam presale is very well organized so compliments to all involved (LN, U2.com, etc):up:

Nya Ullevi:

gotule.gif

There's also this detailed PDF:
http://www.gotevent.se/event_documents/803.pdf

The North America shows are allowing a total of 4 tickets to be purchased and you can buy 2 different shows. 2 for Chicago, 2 for Giants Stadium. This will obviously require 2 separate transactions, I am assuming. Is the system going to allow you to enter the code twice? Some people will want 2 shows that go on sale at different times. I am assuming the code will be valid for 2 venues or a total of 4 tickets at one venue. Anyone else concerned about the system being able to differentiate codes and multiple venues. Any thoughts....

I was thinking - I have my Gothenburg tickets now.

They have a unique barcode and I printed them an hour ago.
What would stop me from using the presale code again? It doesn't seem likely that there's internal communication between the Livenation websites in the different countries...

I was thinking - I have my Gothenburg tickets now.

They have a unique barcode and I printed them an hour ago.
What would stop me from using the presale code again? It doesn't seem likely that there's internal communication between the Livenation websites in the different countries...

I don't think the different sellers would talk to eachother so you'd probably manage to get tickets.

HOWEVER....

I would hope that someone somewhere checks centrally for duplicate uses of codes. If they do then you risk ALL of your bookings being cancelled.

Good to see you breathers got tickets today.

u2.com has a certain quota for tickets, it is very well possible that this quota is "sold out" for a certain show.

"Sold out" never means "sold out" technically. There are always new quotas that are put out on the market and tickets will be available again.

Certainly there will be enough tickets for GA when general sale starts for these shows.

And I don't believe u2.com ever had 100.000 paid subscribers, that number is just exorbitant. 20.000 more or less seems realistic.

I looked at the member-increase for u2.com. In the last 24 hours, u2.com got 2560(!) new subscribers!! (TOTAL=28760 now...). Seems that there are a lot of people finding out about the presale (fans, scalpers?). If this goes on for next presales, u2.com will get a huge member-increase!
Very smart of them to give new subscribers presale-access!

I don't think the different sellers would talk to eachother so you'd probably manage to get tickets.

HOWEVER....

I would hope that someone somewhere checks centrally for duplicate uses of codes. If they do then you risk ALL of your bookings being cancelled.

Good to see you breathers got tickets today.

But even if my booking is cancelled, I have the tickets in my hand. I don't think the venue will know if my booking is cancelled or not.

Booters got tickets today as well :)

UK here, kept hold of my pre sale code for UK gigs. Wouldnt mind popping over to Amsters where, is a good place to buy general sale tickets (if I can ) for the show? livenation.nl + any other sites? Would also like to avoid the horrrible shipping charge if I can too......

But even if my booking is cancelled, I have the tickets in my hand. I don't think the venue will know if my booking is cancelled or not.

Booters got tickets today as well :)

fair point, but some stadiums will scan your tickets on the way in. Probably the last place you want to find out they've been cancelled.

Anyone managed to do this successfully in the past?

The North America shows are allowing a total of 4 tickets to be purchased and you can buy 2 different shows. 2 for Chicago, 2 for Giants Stadium. This will obviously require 2 separate transactions, I am assuming. Is the system going to allow you to enter the code twice? Some people will want 2 shows that go on sale at different times. I am assuming the code will be valid for 2 venues or a total of 4 tickets at one venue. Anyone else concerned about the system being able to differentiate codes and multiple venues. Any thoughts....

First, it's a total of four U.S. shows.

Second, if that was a problem, than the U2 FAQs wouldn't say:

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show in Europe in a single transaction OR up to FOUR tickets (in total) against up to four shows in North America. (This is because ticketing vending arrangements are different on the two continents. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in Europe. The code can be used up to four (4) times against up to a total of four (4) tickets at up to four (4) shows in North America. eg two tickets at one show, two tickets at another or one ticket to one show and three to another.)

fair point, but some stadiums will scan your tickets on the way in. Probably the last place you want to find out they've been cancelled.

Anyone managed to do this successfully in the past?

Sorry, I have to ask...is that Pierluigi Collina in your avatar? :)

Does anyone know who's gonna warm up in Gothenburg?

I pray to God that it is Snow Patrol. Would be FANTASTIC!

UK here, kept hold of my pre sale code for UK gigs. Wouldnt mind popping over to Amsters where, is a good place to buy general sale tickets (if I can ) for the show? livenation.nl + any other sites? Would also like to avoid the horrrible shipping charge if I can too......

I'd also like to know this

Back
Top Bottom