General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, tried GA first, took 4 minutes (started at 1000), next try for best available at 10:11, no tickets found in Chicago!

!!!!!!!!!!1

Okay let me refresh my earlier post. The show in NY is supposed to be at Buddy Guy's Sp? a smaller venue to go on sale May/June.

Hubby rules he was on hold for 40 minutes then talked for 20 minutes to get me 4 GA's to Chicago!

the speed at which GAs sell out for North America is just mind-boggling
so much faster than Europe, I wonder if there are differences in fire codes or something that are causing them to sell fewer. Or if they will release some later on. I hate this!!!!

Thank goodness that information is finally out there, now I want 2GA's for Boston2, and 3 $32 tickets for Boston1.

I'm also looking to trade my $30 seat nor NY1 for NY2.

i don't get how i keep getting bumped on TM's wait time. First it said 2 min, then it climbed up to 4 min, 7 min, 8 min... and then it goes down. Who or what the heck is able to bump me off like that? Do the scalpers trick the system to get them to the front of the line? I wanna know the secret!
Before the internet, they paid poor people to stand on line at outlets. Then the outlets introduced lottery systems for lines on on-sale dates, and in response the scalpers bribed the outlet workers to get their people to be the magic "winning numbers" at the front. Then, with the introduction of internet ticketing, they had techies write code that circumvented the first purchase screen entirely and go straight to sale. It's because of scalpers that we now have that random-words-in-an-indecipherable-box password system on the 2nd page.

But now, it's back to low-tech: they all just join fan clubs and buy club seats at the venues, giving them pre-sale access to everything. And TicketMaster, promoters and venues not only don't oppose this, they *love* it because they take an additional cut on the resales now through TicketsNow and StubHub and their ilk which are all owned by the same people. The people re-selling on Craigslist are amateurs. The professionals had their tickets weeks ago.

Mine for Bos 1 say Field6. I sort of hope it doesn't mean anything. I hope they wouldn't require us to stand in a particular place. I can't imagine they would do that, right?

Okay let me refresh my earlier post. The show in NY is supposed to be at Buddy Guy's Sp? a smaller venue to go on sale May/June.

Hubby rules he was on hold for 40 minutes then talked for 20 minutes to get me 4 GA's to Chicago!

Shoot, I should have called. . . :(

At least a got a seat though. I figure I don't mind paying for this seat just to know I'll be in the building, but I'll be willing to buy another ticket GA if I can find one later.

Definitely interested in a possible second show too.

Back
Top Bottom