General Sale experiences march 14t - any news on extra dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys keep tryng if you want GA! The website(Eventim)releases them in batches, so you might be able to get GA if you refresh at the right time. Seats are still available, but only 1 seat per person.

Guys keep tryng if you want GA! The website(Eventim)releases them in batches, so you might be able to get GA if you refresh at the right time. Seats are still available, but only 1 seat per person.

A minute ago I could get up to 6 seats for the 160 tickets and 3 for the 70 Euro tickets.

Wow.. 3 hours going and still not sold out yet? That's a pretty bad score.. just wondering if that's due to the websites crashing, or just low demand in general?

it seems a pretty safe bet that with a better working website these tickets would have been gone ages ago
unless this is some new inventive way to beat the scalpers :D

Thanks, Galeongirl!

Pulled up 1 GA at 1pm Amsterdam time, but when I tried to put it in my Winkelwagon, I got the error message... will keep trying over the next four months :hyper:

I've got 4 GA tickets for the 21st. I am sooo happy now!

We have been trying the entire morning with 5 people. Both on the phone and on the web.

In my opinion they have made a complete mess of the ticketsale...I'd rather wait in line at the postoffice.

Best of luck to you guys...hope you all get in!!!

I will do only dublin but just for fun I just tried the 2nd day of Amsterdam and I could buy a seat in block 119! Definitely not sold out. Problem is that the maximun seats per transactions is 1 (big issue if you are not on your own!).
In AMSTERDAM Z.O. tot Jul 21, 2009 rond 8:00 PM uur 1 160.00 EUR
Noord B / 119 Rij: 22 Plaats: 124 Normal 160.00 EUR
Zitplaatscategorie: Seated (And its 14:30 dutch time!)

I've got 4 GA tickets for the 21st. I am sooo happy now!

We have been trying the entire morning with 5 people. Both on the phone and on the web.

In my opinion they have made a complete mess of the ticketsale...I'd rather wait in line at the postoffice.

Best of luck to you guys...hope you all get in!!!

We had no luck on the phone either.

At 2:36 Dutch time I'm still seeing multiple tickets. It keeps changing. :crack:

TIX-1.jpg

The website keeps crashing, I'm sure that's the reason that it's not sold yet!

ETA: I can get GA right now! But when I hit winkelwagen it gives me an error. Shitty website.

ETA: I can get GA right now! But when I hit winkelwagen it gives me an error. Shitty website.

Yeah, saw that too and have been trying for quite a while now to crab a hold of them, but same error message over and over.
I seriously doubt anyone is able to get another message about GA's.

Yeah, saw that too and have been trying for quite a while now to crab a hold of them, but same error message over and over.
I seriously doubt anyone is able to get another message about GA's.

Which makes me seriously think they're sold out and they're just fucking up with the website.

The presale went so smoothly, why did they have to ruin it. :sad:

I am seeing temporarily unavailable for the GA's and if I try to purchase any other tickets the error message pops up. That site is frustrating! Maybe they are sold out.

I hope they are sold out by the time of the concert... empty stadia would be awful.

This morning was the worst experience I've had with a concert sale. You'd think a company set up to sell tickets would be able to cope with the demand. Amazon copes with massive amounts of traffic in the run up to Christmas.

I am seeing temporarily unavailable for the GA's and if I try to purchase any other tickets the error message pops up. That site is frustrating! Maybe they are sold out.

I can pull up the 33 euro one with no problems what so ever.
At one point I got 413 row 1.
Too bad it was only 1 ticket and not a pair.

I hope they are sold out by the time of the concert... empty stadia would be awful.

This morning was the worst experience I've had with a concert sale. You'd think a company set up to sell tickets would be able to cope with the demand. Amazon copes with massive amounts of traffic in the run up to Christmas.

It's impossible for U2 NOT to sell out in Holland.

This site is just lowsy, if they had better servers it would've sold out in minutes. But no, everyone had to wait and wait. :crack:

I managed to get tickets...which makes it one of my best General Sale experiences for U2 tickets. I had to wait for Barcelona tickets for Vertigo (one of the last on schedule) before I managed to get any General Sale tickets.

But Eventim is a complete shambles. Sold Out/Available/Available, but then errors. Even now I see. There either available or not available, surely???

But Eventim is a complete shambles. Sold Out/Available/Available, but then errors. Even now I see. There either available or not available, surely???

See atu2's guide to buying tickets. The scenario of sold out -> available is common on the first day of sales. I have benefited from it myself in the past. It basically means (among other things) that someone's credit card had a problem, was canceled, etc.

Yeah I am waiting for the second date aswell. Already got 3 seats for the first day, need GA for the second now ;x.
Hopefully it'll will be added soon :drool: Also wondering why the stage is on the other side now http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_amsterdam.jpg I will cry if this is true.

I'll be very very pissed if that is true. I deliberately deleted tickets several times on that side of the stadium because I wanted the other side.

Livenation still has tickets available for both dates. :hmm: No GA though. And 1 ticket per seating type, except for the 33 euro on the 20th, that one still has up to six.

Fout bij ticketreservering. De kaarten kunnen momenteel niet worden gereserveerd. Probeer het later opnieuw a.u.b.
Beste klant!
Tot onze spijt heeft er zich een storing voorgedaan en konden wij uw transactie niet afronden. Log eerst met de aan u opgestuurde inloggegevens in bij Mijn Eventim op Eventim.nl om te kijken of uw bestelling goed is verwerkt. Klik hier om terug te keren naar Livenation.nl.

Tried to get the cheapos. :wink: Error, as expected. I think the tickets are all sold out.

This morning was the worst experience I've had with a concert sale. You'd think a company set up to sell tickets would be able to cope with the demand.

Actually I'm not surprised by it all.
Even though it's frustrating.

I've read that some mobilized their entire family (mom, dad, husband, wife, children) and used multiple desktops, laptops, cell phones, landlines, etc.

So I'm quite pleased, that I was able to get anything by my lonesome.
And at this point consider myself very lucky to have GA's for a show at all.

Hey holland people, how did you find getting seats? Did you get the ones you wanted?

Bit frustrating to begin with but I got one set of tickets I wanted for the second date and don't mind sitting for the other concert. I'm happy. I'm just glad to be going. :up:

Bit frustrating to begin with but I got one set of tickets I wanted for the second date and don't mind sitting for the other concert. I'm happy. I'm just glad to be going. :up:

What seats did you go for?

Im really undecided about which ones to get. :/ I was thinking the blue-behind stage ones, but any other ones, you sort of think "well theyre so close to the cheap ones, you might as well get those"

Well all in all I'm glad I was able to get tickets through the pre-sale, GA's for the 20th we're almost impossible to get. I've seen seated tickets pop up every now and then, but no GA's.

Got seated tickets for the 21st, about 2 hours into the process. Went for the expensive ones. Tough choice.. but I know the stadium well, and those stands do provide a good view and are pretty close to the field.. and hopefully to the stage as well.. depending on where they'll set it up in the end.

BTW, I could be looking for 1 GA on the 20th, and have 1 spare 1st ring ticket (the 160 euro ones).. not sure yet.. but if anyone wants to do a trade at face value pm me!

Back
Top Bottom