GA with separated segments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a common misconception. There will be speakers in the middle too, you just can't see them in the renderings. They usually go in an arc downwards for the benefit of the front rows of GAs. In fact, I think it was U2 that pioneered that type of speaker configuration some years ago.

With regards to the circle: Firstly, we haven't conclusively found out if there will even be a 'scan' process. Alot of the diagrams show an open ended circle, as do the official renderings on U2.com. This has been speculated to mean that it will work like the Euro Vertigo shows ie, first come, first served.

However...if it does end up being some sort of controlled scan process, how easy would it have been to have some algorithm during the presale purchase process to assign say one 'scan beep' per Horizon or Breathe code? Very easy. I think the 'inner circle', even if it is controlled, is going to be considerably larger than both the heart and ellipse were, maybe even bigger than them combined, so it would be quite possible to accomodate every second or third presale GA ticket or maybe even all of them, imo. Wild speculation, but one thing we do know: U2 likes the hardcores up front, all their protestations of not wanting to see the same faces aside. They are doing far fewer shows this time and the seated crowd will be that much further away than they were in an arena. Something tells me the band is going to want the most energetic and committed fans right up front...just my theory...

That would be me!!!! I've never been up front and I woudl like to get there before I die one day!!! :sexywink:

If I remember correctly, my GA from Vertigo said GA7 or something like that. I'd have to find it to double check. Made no difference. Still wound up 2-3 "rows" back from the front and center.

Very interesting - I was at the Strade de France last year for a show and I had front Gold standing tix in front of the stage. Indeed, our entrance was "H" (yes, you enter on the right side of the stage). Getting to entrance "H"...hoo boy talk about a trek! All the way toward the rear of the mothership as I recall!
The place is nice and really clean. The staff was cool, too.

Very interesting - I was at the Strade de France last year for a show and I had front Gold standing tix in front of the stage. Indeed, our entrance was "H" (yes, you enter on the right side of the stage). Getting to entrance "H"...hoo boy talk about a trek! All the way toward the rear of the mothership as I recall!
The place is nice and really clean. The staff was cool, too.

Just coincidence - for shows where they sell the gold cricle they will still use the same entrances as regular GA - just split one entrance for gold & one for GA (or however many they have available). The same happens in the UK. U2 have not sold any Gold Circle tickets (other than the Red Zone) and the gate number makes absolutely no difference OTHER than possibly giving you a slightly better starting point for the charge across the pitch to get in to the GC.

There will be 3 sections:

1. Within the Claw - probably a lottery
2. Front GA section - first come, first served (you can see this on the Vertigo stadium shows)
3. Rear GA section

This will be done to prevent 10-15,000 people being a single mass.

How many GA tickets were available for each Vertigo Europe and Pac-Rim shows?
Didn't they only have the 2 GA sections?

Mark

Yes there were only 2 GA sections. The gold circle (generally) held around 3,500 with the rest outside.

Maybe it will work like this very logical and worthwhile

Horizon members get in the circle
Breathe member get in the next area
Boots are in the 3rd area

The sound is only going to be great farther back as speakers are above on each side. I will find the sound board and be hanging there if I dont get into the inner circle.

I doubt it would be like that and what about everyone who got their GAs in the general sale

There are 8 GA entrances at Stade de France. At Vertigo 1 and at a Bruce Springsteen concert in 2003 they didn't open at the same time! :angry:

The "sections" and "seat numbers" on GA tix are just an accounting tool for Ticketmaster to track how many GA's are sold.
exactly. i've bought tickets before for shows where it was all ga and i still had stuff like ga4 seat 132 on the ticket. i still ended up being front row center for some of these shows because i got there early enough.

also, i got this off ticketmaster's site:
General Admission refers to seating or standing areas that are not assigned or reserved, and are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis. When purchasing tickets for a General Admission event, you may be quoted section, row, and seat numbers, however these are for inventory purposes only and do not reflect any actual seating location. Please ensure you carefully read the Event Information and Ticket Information screens when purchasing tickets: Any information on whether your tickets are General Admission will be posted on one or both of these screens. Seating arrangements vary for each event, and there may or may not be seats of any kind available. Ticketmaster cannot guarantee seating for any event that is sold as General Admission.

if they were going to section off parts of the floor in groups or whatever, they'd have to notate it in the seating charts or something. but really the phrase general admission itself implies it's completely unassigned. the last person to buy a ticket who has something like ga42 seat 800 could end up being front row center if they luck out.

exactly. i've bought tickets before for shows where it was all ga and i still had stuff like ga4 seat 132 on the ticket. i still ended up being front row center for some of these shows because i got there early enough.

also, i got this off ticketmaster's site:

if they were going to section off parts of the floor in groups or whatever, they'd have to notate it in the seating charts or something. but really the phrase general admission itself implies it's completely unassigned. the last person to buy a ticket who has something like ga42 seat 800 could end up being front row center if they luck out.
i was going to quote you and say it was likely inventory systems, but i see you did the actual research.

nice.

Back
Top Bottom