GA Tips and Tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wtf? What are they doing outside of the RedZone? :scratch:

Don't even get me started on that. :angry: The Red Zoners in front of us were such a**holes about it to. They tried to get their friend up front with them who arrived 30 minutes after them and got angry when I and my fellow GAers wouldn't let him pass.

This was apparently fixed the next day but Adam's side got let in late. Anaheim was just clueless.

Don't even get me started on that. :angry: The Red Zoners in front of us were such a**holes about it to. They tried to get their friend up front with them who arrived 30 minutes after them and got angry when I and my fellow GAers wouldn't let him pass.

This was apparently fixed the next day but Adam's side got let in late. Anaheim was just clueless.

That was awful. :crack:

Is there a thread for tomorrow's Baltimore show?

I'm trying to find out if anyone's doing like a carpool from northern Virginia/DC area? and how early can we park at the stadium?

My tip? Show up around 4:30pm-5pm, and you will stand right behind (sometimes next to) the folks that got there at 6am :)

He is absolutely serious. It's not a guarantee, but it is entirely possible to hop into line at the end of the day, or waltz right in when the gates open, and get an amazing spot.

So, I wore different pairs of shoes for each night in Anaheim and they both failed. :angry:
Sore feet about an hour into the show.

I am going to have to resort to my hiking boots for Montreal GAs.
(now to clean the dog poop off of them when I get home :reject: )

Funny thing Mark. You know those Crocs everyone bugs me about. I wore them in Winnipeg in GA and stood for hours, and MY feet were just fine!:wink:

GA tip; if it's hot, do not place sunblock too close to the eyes.:doh:

I was actually worried about this but managed to actually avoid my eyes for once. I often put too much on my forehead and then it melts into my eyes. Ugh.

wear comfy trainers and be ready to sprint the length of the stadium - worked for me :D

In the GA line now for Baltimore. Got in line with the guy and his buddy we met and marked ourselves. It seems like most people after 200 are doing that.

Funny thing Mark. You know those Crocs everyone bugs me about. I wore them in Winnipeg in GA and stood for hours, and MY feet were just fine!:wink:

pack a pair of house slippers or comfortable flip flops for after the show. your feet will be killing you when you get back to the hotel. might want to pack some bengay too!

actually pack a stylish pair of Crocs! :wink:

Not that I'm a mean U2 fan, but I wish I had my hiking boots on to kick the drunk morons in front of us at Anaheim 2. The 3rd time the woman fell backwards into us, my wife and I both gave her a shove forward into her dumb boyfriend. :hi5:

Drinking is fine. Drunk is fine. Falling down drunk is just sad (and fucking annoying to those around you).

Drinking is fine. Drunk is fine. Falling down drunk is just sad (and fucking annoying to those around you).

:up:
If you have to drink that heavily to enjoy a U2 concert, you shouldn't be there!

My fav is still the Chicago 2 girl. She was about 3' 7" and thought that her perky personality was God's gift to humanity. She was also smashed from the beginning of the show. As soon as the show started she was bounce, bounce, bouncing her way to annoying heights. I actually wasn't too put off until she continued bouncing at her same bouncy pace throughout Your Blue Room.

Not that I'm a mean U2 fan, but I wish I had my hiking boots on to kick the drunk morons in front of us at Anaheim 2. The 3rd time the woman fell backwards into us, my wife and I both gave her a shove forward into her dumb boyfriend. :hi5:

I wore my hiking boots but I was still hurting after the show. I wore them to Seattle and did not experience any pain like I did after Anaheim 2 BUT I was dancing and jumping around a heck of a lot more than I was in Seattle. Sorry you had to experience those drunk morons.

I wore my hiking boots but I was still hurting after the show. I wore them to Seattle and did not experience any pain like I did after Anaheim 2 BUT I was dancing and jumping around a heck of a lot more than I was in Seattle. Sorry you had to experience those drunk morons.

It wasn't so bad because they didn't show up until several songs in, and then moved away to beat the rush out to the parking lot before MOS.

Still, don't let your friends get :drunk: for a show; you're the one who will have to babysit them. The woman with them was kind of annoyed she had to keep and arm on her to hold her up. :rolleyes:

I've heard so many stories about people getting "wasted" at a concert and then not remembering the show. I find that such a waste! U2 is better than any drug, folks!

U2 at Spartan Stadium

I'm sure some of these tips have been addressed earlier in this thread, I just don't have the time to look through 100 posts. I was looking for some advice about the upcoming show at Spartan Stadium. I am a U2 virgin and have GA tickets. I'd like to get as close as I can, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't make it in the inner circle, really just looking to be at the 50 yard line or closer. Gates open at 5:30. A few general questions:

- What time should I show up?
- What are the rules about leaving the line and coming back?
- Any other tips?

Thanks. Looking forward to an awesome experience. I have to say, I know a few people are looking forward to a dry show, but I'm a little dissappointed. Not that I want to get $#*&faced, but the fact that they aren't even letting people tailgate is just dumb. They have an Irish band playing and no booze allowed, come on MSU. Plus, if they sold beer in the stadium, they'd probably make enough money to pay for some better football players like Auburn or OSU.

I'm sure some of these tips have been addressed earlier in this thread, I just don't have the time to look through 100 posts. I was looking for some advice about the upcoming show at Spartan Stadium. I am a U2 virgin and have GA tickets. I'd like to get as close as I can, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't make it in the inner circle, really just looking to be at the 50 yard line or closer. Gates open at 5:30. A few general questions:

- Any other tips?

Thanks. Looking forward to an awesome experience. I have to say, I know a few people are looking forward to a dry show, but I'm a little dissappointed. Not that I want to get $#*&faced, but the fact that they aren't even letting people tailgate is just dumb. They have an Irish band playing and no booze allowed, come on MSU. Plus, if they sold beer in the stadium, they'd probably make enough money to pay for some better football players like Auburn or OSU.

What time to show up?
- As early as possible. Have a look around the arena the night before if possible, to see if there's any sort of line formation organization. If it is indeed possible, get numbered then, if not then the next morning, as early as possible should work. 6 am is usually the "call time" of sorts for U2 GA fans, lol.

Leaving the line and coming back?
- If you're in a group or with one other person even, it should be ok for you to leave and return. You can take turns holding each others places till the other returns. It totally depends on the crowd though.

- Any other tips?

You can show up around 4-5pm and make it in the inner circle, you will be on the sides or towards the center if you are alone. Or you can get a spot 2-3 back from a rail.

The only reason to get there at 6am is to try and get a rail spot.

Chrisedge said:
My tip? Show up around 4:30pm-5pm, and you will stand right behind (sometimes next to) the folks that got there at 6am :)

"see that guy in the black shirt? He probably got here at 6a. Wait a sec, that's Dan!"

Back
Top Bottom