GA Tips and Tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always thought that a lot of people go for Adam's side over Edge's because Adam flirts. Maybe that is only at the shows I go to. :shrug:

I have always thought that a lot of people go for Adam's side over Edge's because Adam flirts. Maybe that is only at the shows I go to. :shrug:

Sadly most people there prefer Edge because he's simply more well known than Adam. most people know the guitarist and singer of a band, rather than the bass player and drummer.

Entrance to the claw is on both sides. you must get your hand stamped before getting in as when you leave to go out to pee or have beer or pee again you will need to show your hand stamp.

Specifically for Toronto (based on previous 2 shows at the Rogers center) there are 2 GA lines the early line which has the big line up and this gate opens up about 30-45 mins before the other line which is on the other side but has lesser people. You figure this one out.

The Adams side has less of a crush than the Edge's side so you choose wisely

Anaheim Stadium

What time will GA ticket holders line up?
Where do you park if the stadium isn't even open yet?
Can I bring a backpack with water and sandwiches?

My 1st GA experience with my Son......

:hyper:

Thanks,
Steve

What time will GA ticket holders line up?
Where do you park if the stadium isn't even open yet?
Can I bring a backpack with water and sandwiches?

My 1st GA experience with my Son......

:hyper:

Thanks,
Steve

^ he asked all the questions i came here to ask :) ... for Sat inner circle ... does arriving at 1pm seem realistic? how late would be ok to get into in inner circle

^ he asked all the questions i came here to ask :) ... for Sat inner circle ... does arriving at 1pm seem realistic? how late would be ok to get into in inner circle

To put it in perspective, I arrived around 6 PM for Chicago 1 (the opening night of the US leg of the tour in 2009). There was a lot of space in the pit - especially on Adam's side - even then! Of course, that might not always be the case, but I'm sure you'll be in good shape if you arrive around 1PM.

Now if you're trying to get on the rail, then it might be a different story . . .

wow ... (this is for Anaheim BTW) so even taking your estimates and making them a bit more conservative you think even 5p would be ok for Anaheim inner circle

that saves me 3 hours of sunburn :) I'm tall i don;t NEED the rail to be able to see but what about GA with kids ... (he's 10) ... what seems to work?

wow ... (this is for Anaheim BTW) so even taking your estimates and making them a bit more conservative you think even 5p would be ok for Anaheim inner circle

that saves me 3 hours of sunburn :) I'm tall i don;t NEED the rail to be able to see but what about GA with kids ... (he's 10) ... what seems to work?

We're taking our two boys (11 & 7) to Saturday's show. We're not lining up and plan to head over between 4:00 & 5:00 about when the gates open. If we get in the inner circle that'll be fine but it is a little hard to see much for the little people, so we'd probably spend a little time in there just so they can experience being close, then venture out toward the soundboard so they can take in the whole show and not get crushed.

Our 9 y/o was able to see very well at Dublin '09 and we had inner circle center back rail. When they used the catwalk all he had to do was turn around and there the band was.

We had seats for the other 2 shows in Dublin, and at Giants Stadium we were behind the stage. However, to be honest, that was the least enjoyable for him and us. We all felt a bit disconnected back there. By far the best for us was inner circle, Dublin 3.

We're doing RZ1 this time around in Philly next month so we can queue up a little bit later and experience maybe a little less pushing, yet still have that up-close and personal feel.

:up:

And wear comfortable shoes FFS!

I will wear THE MOST comfortable and that is no shoes because I don't wear them.

And before anyone says anything about being stepped on, it has never happened to me and I have been to much wilder concerts than U2.

I will wear THE MOST comfortable and that is no shoes because I don't wear them.

And before anyone says anything about being stepped on, it has never happened to me and I have been to much wilder concerts than U2.

If that works for you, great.

It's the young-ins in their stilletto heels that make me :rolleyes:

As many a professional PLEBAN has said, "The guys can't see your feet from the stage. Do your hair and make-up, but wear comfortable shoes."

:wink:

I changed into Sketchers boots in Winnipeg because my feet were numb. They were really comfortable!

I haven't worm Converse since I was a little kid. Are they still flat? I need arch support.

As many a professional PLEBAN has said, "The guys can't see your feet from the stage. Do your hair and make-up, but wear comfortable shoes."

:wink:

Haha!

Ohmigosh, I was lurking in the Anaheim thread, and is it true that at every venue, there are 2 GA lines? 1 on Adam's side, and 1 on Edge's side? :ohmy:

Apparently Anaheim had 2 separate GA lines, but this is the first time I heard of that.

Really?
Amsterdam also had 2 GA lines, as had Moscow, Toronto (though that one had one clearly marked as opening later) and Sydney. And those are only for concerts I've been to. Sao Paulo had three GA lines and from what I've heard Paris had plenty.
So it's not that uncommon.

Yeah but that wasn't for Adam/Edge. It was because there were two entrances. Anaheim had 1 GA line for Edge's side, and one for Adam's side.

So, I wore different pairs of shoes for each night in Anaheim and they both failed. :angry:
Sore feet about an hour into the show.

I am going to have to resort to my hiking boots for Montreal GAs.
(now to clean the dog poop off of them when I get home :reject: )

Apparently Anaheim had 2 separate GA lines, but this is the first time I heard of that.

It did.
One got let in earlier than the other. Also RedZone folks were let in first before our line, so most of the people on the front rail in the pit were RedZoners.

Back
Top Bottom