GA Tips and Tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I would advise against wearing long sleeves. I wore a long-sleeved shirt because it was freezing out. By the end of the concert, I was sweating my ass off in it. Being packed in and jumping and dancing arou d with long sleeves is not a good idea. I learned the hard way. :lol: This was an arena show though.

Oh I agree, it's best to wear a short sleeved or even sleeveless top, you can always bring a cardigan or jakcet to put on after the show, which I've done in the past and will be doing this time round. :yes:

Going to my first show, looking for advice!!

Hello all, I am new to the forum and am planning on going to my first show on 10/18 in OKC and I couldn't be more excited!

I have GA tix and am looking for some advice on when my group should show up to get in line so we can get a good view.
Tentatively we are planning on showing up early the day before and getting in line and camping out that night and then waiting for the doors to open the next day.

Is that enough lead time, or do we need to think about getting there earlier?

Any advice would be much appreciated, and for those who are going to OKC, can't wait to see you there!!!

Many thanks!

Hello all, I am new to the forum and am planning on going to my first show on 10/18 in OKC and I couldn't be more excited!

Many thanks!

first of all, welcome, i'm sure you'll have a blast at the show..

to be perfectly honest, it largely depends on how big u2 is in yer city.. but i truly think that is a huge waste of time, camping out and all that...

here in Vancouver BC, where u2 does rather well n' several shows always sell out quickly... we show up at the stadium a couple of hours before the show n' usually end up within the first 25 to xx ppl there, did not have a single prob getting into the Heart back in eLEVation TOUR....

it was cool hanging out w/ several fans though.. had a great night!! always will remember that!

Alright, here's my general situation for GA. I'm going to the first Giants Stadium show with my girlfriend and one of my other friends. We unfortunately have class that day in Manhattan and my girlfriend has choir until 2 pm, which she can like never miss. The three of us were planning on leaving at 2, grabbing lunch, taking public transportation to my girlfriend's house, and then driving to the stadium.

My friend and I are about 6 feet tall but my girlfriend is like 5 feet 5 inches. Tell me, am I screwed? :wink:

Any advice on what to do for this situation would also be helpful. Thanks.

Hi everyone, just arriving, I've seen some maps of the stadiums in US and show a red zone in the GA, does anybody know what that is?:hmm:
thanks.

GA line in the UK

Right silly question, last time out for manchester we went and stood pretty much all day in line, now i was wondering do you think it would be ok to take an inflatable chair? i know this happens in the US, but i cannot remember seeing anyone with a chair last time (there probably was i just cannot remember),

thanks in advance and sorry about the silly quesiton

I took a rubbish deck chair to all the UK shows in '05 and just left it/took it back to the car when I'd finished with it.... :reject:

:up: thanks, i just remember my feet being rather sore throught the show, so i think some sort of chair will be in order this time,

Just saw this on u2.com, hadnt been on there in 2 months, so sorry if this was posted here:

GA Procedure UPDATE JUNE 9 2009 Lead [-]

Admin
Ultraviolet

06/09/2009 12:21:17
Tags : None

Folks

A quick note to tell you that I have been informed that the GA procedure will be discussed this week and next, so we should be getting some news soon.

Figured you might like to know that it IS being worked on.

WOO HOO, 21 days and counting!!

Just saw this on u2.com, hadnt been on there in 2 months, so sorry if this was posted here:

GA Procedure UPDATE JUNE 9 2009 Lead [-]

Admin
Ultraviolet

06/09/2009 12:21:17
Tags : None

Folks

A quick note to tell you that I have been informed that the GA procedure will be discussed this week and next, so we should be getting some news soon.

Figured you might like to know that it IS being worked on.

WOO HOO, 21 days and counting!!

same thing for me.. I haven't been on there for a while.. and I saw that post too..:hmm:

now we just have to :waiting:

Im going to be in chicago GA (the 2nd night) with two other friends and I have a few questions..

I know that there is a rule that you cannot camp outside of soldier field, so what time should people usually get in front, especially if you want to be upclose as close as you can?

Also, i knew there was a rule that you can only bring one person, assuming there is a lottery, do you think they would allow the 3 of us in if one of us scanned, because we are going to be 15/16 years of age?

Thanks!

-Tps

I know you're really, really anxious about this whole GA thing in Chicago, but we have no idea what time the first group of people will start lining up, if they'll start a line off Soldier Field's property, what time you have to get there to get a good spot, how many people will be in line, etc etc etc, but come on.

No one has any idea. You're just going to have to play it by ear as it gets closer - the European shows might not give you the best information, since GA might be totally different over there.

Try not to freak out about it. No one has any idea yet.

Latest update on GA procedure from U2.com.

Hola

Ok, a quick bit of news. The team is working on the GA procedures and some of the suggestions that were provided are being evaluated to see if they are feasible to incorporate into this tour.

I do know that there is a TENTATIVE procedure for the first Camp Nou (Barcelona) shows, but we do not know if the procedure will be made public, as they are road-testing it. Before you all go, "Baja, but why?" the answer is that if we say its going to be X, and then change it, all of you will be "But you said it was going to be X", so until they determing the final procedure (subject to change at anytime), keep checking back here.

Actually, just keep checking back in here, for the latest, as any changes I am informed about will be posted.

Gracias

Baja

I'm surprised anything is being discussed for Europe. You would think it would be just normal first come first serve there.

I *really* hope that they're not thinking of implementing Springsteen's GA policy. I know that there are a lot of good things about it, but for me personally, the cons outweigh the pros. I'd rather they continue with the Vertigo tour method, even with all its problems.

Looking forward to some sort of formal announcement so I know whether I should be at a pub in Dublin "getting ready" for the show, or whether I need to be in line. I want to be somewhat close, first few rows would be great....but not sure how I feel about standing in line all day. Anxiously awaiting the formal announcement!

Latest update on GA procedure from U2.com.

I'm surprised anything is being discussed for Europe. You would think it would be just normal first come first serve there.

I hope it will be. Please not lottery. Everyone should decide whether they want to be there early and thus have a good chance to be up front, of if they don't bother lining up for hours and instead take a spot in the audience that is not in the front. Lottery is unfair.

I do too. I didn't fare well at all with the lottery system. I got in 1 time out of like 8 shows.

Back
Top Bottom