GA tickets per show for the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gunsnroses

The Fly
Does anyone here have an idea about GA tickets per show. i thought Vertigo had about 1500 GA tickets per show. a football stadium should have at least 7500 or so making it real easy to get GA's for the tour.

it was aprox 1500 to 2000 per show in an arena. it'll be 8,000 to 10,000 depending on stadium size. but that's assuming the entire floor will be GA. they could sell GA for the front half and have seats in the back half....

the entire floor is GA it's on ticketmaster's webpage.

some of you are over-estimating the size of the floor.

winterclassic_418x342_0101.jpg

ok so there's a hockey rink on a football field. i know on the shows that i've been to at giants stadium they leave about 20-30 yards empty at the back of the field for concession stands and just general mingling areas, to make it easier for people to come and go and exit in case of emergency.

also it's a pretty large stage, and it appears as if nobody will be behind the stage according to some of the schematics we've seen.

so i would say if arenas had 1500 to 2000 GA's that the stadium will have 5,000 to 6,000 GA's, not the 10,000 that you seem to think there will be.

so i would say if arenas had 1500 to 2000 GA's that the stadium will have 5,000 to 6,000 GA's, not the 10,000 that you seem to think there will be.

I vaguely remember that an American football field can hold about 4,000 GA.

Keep in mind that they may reduce the number initially because the stage and Red Zones will take up a fair amount of space.

27048s_a.gif

Hershey Stadium in Hershey Pennsylvania normally has a capacity of 16,000 for sporting events. There are two bleachers that each hold 8,000 when filled. For concerts though, the maximum capacity of the venue is 31,000! Thats because you can fit 15,000 people on a football field. Oh, and that is for a seats on the field show.

So, the average capacity on these football fields is 15,000.

Another example is the big Stadium Camp Nou in Barcelona Spain. Capacity for a sporting event is 99,000. Attendance when the POPE came there was 120,000!

i've worked at some stadium shows. and these numbers are dependent on the size of the stadium. european stadiums are bigger than US, some in US are bigger than others etc. however, seated usually you're looking at an average of 7,000....GA is usually closer to 10,000. usually and average are what i'm talking about. obviously in smaller venues (like Raleigh) the number of floor tics sold/avail will be smaller by a few thousand than somewhere like the rose bowl.

Melissa, find any event at Giants stadium on TM, and then view the seating charts from the drop down menu. There's a U2 option.

i've worked at some stadium shows. and these numbers are dependent on the size of the stadium. european stadiums are bigger than US, some in US are bigger than others etc. however, seated usually you're looking at an average of 7,000....GA is usually closer to 10,000. usually and average are what i'm talking about. obviously in smaller venues (like Raleigh) the number of floor tics sold/avail will be smaller by a few thousand than somewhere like the rose bowl.

Well, Hershey Stadium certainly does not have a larger field area than GIANTS Stadium, Fed Ex Field, Lincoln Financial Field, etc. Again, the bleachers on either side of the field can hold a maximum of 16,000 people. The rest are on the field. The Police played to 31,000 people at Hershey Stadium in 2007. Bruce Springsteen played to 31,000 people there in 2008. These are official numbers posted in the Billboard.com Boxscore chart. If you only had 7,000 people on the field, it would be more than half empty and the attendance would be 23,000 and not 31,000.

I don't know numbers but the one stadium show I saw last tour about half the floor area was not filled, presumably because of fire codes and what not. There were fences that sort of made different levels/areas on the floor. I was only a row or two off the rail on one of the ramps but there was maybe one or two rows of people behind me and then 10 feet of space before a fence and then another crowd of people. Again I think the numbers are not only determined by the stadium but by the fire marshal.

This image clearly shows the GA seating for Gillette Stadium as well as the probable "Red" zone to the sides of the stage. As you can see there is a smaller enclosed GA section closer to the stage. Will most of these GA tickets outside of these two areas be for seats or will they be standing? I think stadiums in the US have certain laws about standing in GA at concerts, don't they?

27048s_a.jpg

I've never been to a GA show at a stadium where there were seats or where certain areas were blocked off. Granted, the stadium where I used to go to shows most often was relatively small, but I've never even heard of limiting GA in stadiums.

Well, Hershey Stadium certainly does not have a larger field area than GIANTS Stadium, Fed Ex Field, Lincoln Financial Field, etc. Again, the bleachers on either side of the field can hold a maximum of 16,000 people. The rest are on the field. The Police played to 31,000 people at Hershey Stadium in 2007. Bruce Springsteen played to 31,000 people there in 2008. These are official numbers posted in the Billboard.com Boxscore chart. If you only had 7,000 people on the field, it would be more than half empty and the attendance would be 23,000 and not 31,000.

actually hershey stadium has a full olympic sized track surrounding the football field... and then some decent distance between the track and the stands.

so yes, hershey stadium does, in fact, have a larger playing field area than the stadiums you mentioned.

actually hershey stadium has a full olympic sized track surrounding the football field... and then some decent distance between the track and the stands.

so yes, hershey stadium does, in fact, have a larger playing field area than the stadiums you mentioned.

There is NO olympic sized track that goes around Hershey Football field. You can go on google earth and take a look. Don't get it confused with the highschool that is not to far away. There is a concrete path way that goes around and it is true that the distance between the bleachers, width, is farther than that for the enclosed NFL stadiums which surprised me. Still, seats are only placed on the field and not on the concrete pathway area's next to the bleachers.

Again I think the numbers are not only determined by the stadium but by the fire marshal.

absolutely :yes:

and with GA the floor is more full, and of course there are fire/evac lanes, barricades etc...but i remember lots of floor space empty at many of the stadium shows i've attended/worked. be them GA or seated. just a thought.

Melissa, find any event at Giants stadium on TM, and then view the seating charts from the drop down menu. There's a U2 option.

thanks romi. hadn't seen that. when i looked it didn't have anything.

There is NO olympic sized track that goes around Hershey Football field. You can go on google earth and take a look. Don't get it confused with the highschool that is not to far away. There is a concrete path way that goes around and it is true that the distance between the bleachers, width, is farther than that for the enclosed NFL stadiums which surprised me. Still, seats are only placed on the field and not on the concrete pathway area's next to the bleachers.

you seem to have a hard on for the chocolate field so i will not debate you any longer... i just find it very hard to believe that 15,000 will be on the field and the fire marshall will just be fine and dandy with that.

perhaps they attempt to squeeze more than normal onto the field at hershey because of the stadium's small capacity to begin with.

What is the red zone? Is that for equipement and such?

I believe the Red Zone is the area mentioned in the Billboard article where Live Nation will put tickets up for auction. The article mentioned there was an area along the catwalk with these tickets and by looking at the seating chart, this makes the most sense.

thanks I got it!

Experience U2 360º in style with (RED) Zone Packages

VIP entrance
Greeted by (RED) Zone Hosts
High profile General Admission areas on the field adjacent to stage runway
Access special concession and merchandise stand
Top 10 winning bids receive pre-show backstage tour!

(RED) Zone Packages only available by Auction and all non-ticket elements provided by Live Nation. A proportion of the proceeds will be given in support of to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa

Not that I can afford it, but I'd like to know how much of the proceeds will be going to Red.

^NYC will probably have the highest (by far) auction price. That has been the case with other artists.

so for the Vegas and Rosebowl shows, do you guys think GA will be standing? For some reason I thought that concerts in US had seating for GA :scratch:

Well if it's standing GA, what's the best way to ensure good GA position? Get to the show early? How early? Ahhh, I'm going crazy....

Well if it's standing GA, what's the best way to ensure good GA position? Get to the show early? How early? Ahhh, I'm going crazy....

I'd like to know also when they start and stop scanning for the GA lottery.

Back
Top Bottom