GA Experiences So Far- Good, Bad, Ugly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the WORST GA experience so far...there's no system...people pushing....the gate open with different time...it was useless we've been queing since morning!!!!!

ok, i'm not quite the douchebag then, I got $97 seats, but then again, maybe I am cuz i got 5 seats

You might be like Elfa, a semi-douchebag. I've sat in douchebag seats 3x now, so, with three more coming here in the States, so, my douche status is etched in stone. I did 3 GA, too, so maybe it all offsets, not sure.

You might be like Elfa, a semi-douchebag. I've sat in douchebag seats 3x now, so, with three more coming here in the States, so, my douche status is etched in stone. I did 3 GA, too, so maybe it all offsets, not sure.

sorry, you need 6 GA to offset your 3 seats. you're still a semi-douchebag too i guess

:wink:

on a good note, i have seats 1 to 5 in my row...so this will be a good opportunity to grab some beers for night 2 without the worries of spilling all over others in the same row. it's gonna be a looser set anyway.

Inner Circle - What time do you need to queue up?

Sorry if this has already been addressed in other threads, but from people who have been to the gigs already on 360, what is the latest time that you would need to be queuing up outside the venue to gain entry to the inner circle? I assume from other posts that the inner circle holds approx 3,000 people?

Also, one of the @U2 staffers posted on their blog that they went to the Nice concert and that they went to the southern GA entrance to the stadium at between 2 and 3pm and at that stage there already between 2 and 3 thousand people already queuing up!

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I'd like to know this too :D

Going GA tuesday and I was planning showing up at 9am. would that be in time to get a good spot in the inner circle?

Yeah I'd like to know this too :D

Going GA tuesday and I was planning showing up at 9am. would that be in time to get a good spot in the inner circle?

I think that is a good time, i am going that time as well.. Well maybe i go at 10 am. Last time they were in Amsterdam i was there at 8 am and there were not many people at that time.

I have a few questions.

1. Where do you actually enter the inner circle?

2. Do you recieve a stamp or band so you can leave to get food, drinks etc?

3. Does security check to make sure people are stamped or wristbanded before entering the inner circle?

It sounds like the biggest factor in getting a good spot up to this point is which gates are opening first...People have been lining up at a particular gate and security goes and opens other nearby gates and stuff like that...So who knows?:shrug: I know I'll be in PHX hell early, that's for sure

I hope the first Giants Stadium show goes smoothly. I have GAs for myself and my cousin. Not sure if he is going to take off work yet, but I want to get there by 12 or 1 at the very latest. Being short, I want to be as close as I can!

I'm extremely short, so I want to be up front! I'm planning on getting in line Friday afternoon or evening for the Saturday Chicago show. I hope they open whatever gate I go to. This sounds like it could be confusing.

One or two entrances to the inner circle?

Sorry, if this have been posted before ...

Got to Berlin around 10.30 am, a guy told me that he had been in Barcelona and that you could get into the inner circle from the right ... so I did. I ran as much as I could (which was not very fast - ahem) and got in and got a great spot :D...

Anyway, my question is - everything went so fast that I wasn't able to see if there also was an entrance to the left - so are there 1 or 2 entrances to the inncer circle?

And another bonus question: It was MADNESS (!!) getting into the inner circle (yeah, I almost did have a near death experience .... :huh:) .. You guys who have been standing just in front of the inner circle .... how was that? Good/bad? Maybe I'll try that instead ....

Thank you! And now the waiting for Göteborg :)

I like this video.

There seems to have been a bottleneck trying to get inside the claw.

YouTube - U2 Berlin 2009-07-18 The FOS run

Wow- what a great system, now i see why they took 2 weeks of planning the GA policy. Their plan is flawless. Lets just let everyone line up all day, sprint down a long stair case and across the pitch, and then push, fight and claw their way into the circle!

im so glad i got red zone for my first show in Dublin, Ill take a look around to get a game plan for my GA on night 2

Wow- what a great system, now i see why they took 2 weeks of planning the GA policy. Their plan is flawless. Lets just let everyone line up all day, sprint down a long stair case and across the pitch, and then push, fight and claw their way into the circle!

im so glad i got red zone for my first show in Dublin, Ill take a look around to get a game plan for my GA on night 2

hey c'mon, even the Red zone fucked up bad for some in Paris - you still might not be safe :D

i guess it's different for every country really. in germany, there's really no way in getting all these people into the inner circle without a crush like that. actually, they had it quite well organised this time in berlin, I was still sitting 10 minutes before they opened the gates. then again, I was there so early that I was the first one at our entrance to run through it. there was nobody there at the inner circle entrance yet so I just ran through without wait, but I'm pretty slow, so I couldn't get to the front row, but second row was just as good really.

the only bad thing really was, that the inner circle was way too full and cramped with people. there was no way in getting out and in again.

Paris was ugly. At Paris II we had GA entrance R. Apparently there were FOUR different entrances, and halfway through the day we found out another was going to be let in 15 minutes before us. We complained and asked for U2's security, but they never got to us.
Then as it was near opening time, the guy taking care of handicapped people spotted Ax's cane, and we were let in a few seconds before the others through a special entrance. That was really nice of him, but then HE LED US TO THE WRONG FUCKING STAIRS.
The circle was already mostly filled, and we had to walk all the way to another entrance. We got 2nd rail on the back, which wasn't bad. But it's really unfair they let other entrances in while we bought the same kind of ticket!

I'm still pissed about that.

Today we're queueing late for amsterdam, I'm waiting for my mates to be ready and we'll catch a train. Tomorrow I'm trying as early as possible, no clue what time we'll get there.

I have no idea whatsoever why they can't come up with a decent way of doing this.

A better Idea IMO would be to allocate all the inner circle places way before the concert, then there would be no need for the endless queueing and a fight.

Of course this would only work if they issued them fairly, but I don't see why they can't find a way of doing that through U2.com.

I have no idea whatsoever why they can't come up with a decent way of doing this.

A better Idea IMO would be to allocate all the inner circle places way before the concert, then there would be no need for the endless queueing and a fight.

Of course this would only work if they issued them fairly, but I don't see why they can't find a way of doing that through U2.com.

can't they just sell special "front pit/inner circle" tickets?? other bands do this...

Sorry to ask agasin

Sorry, if this have been posted before ...

Got to Berlin around 10.30 am, a guy told me that he had been in Barcelona and that you could get into the inner circle from the right ... so I did. I ran as much as I could (which was not very fast - ahem) and got in and got a great spot :D...

Anyway, my question is - everything went so fast that I wasn't able to see if there also was an entrance to the left - so are there 1 or 2 entrances to the inncer circle?

And another bonus question: It was MADNESS (!!) getting into the inner circle (yeah, I almost did have a near death experience .... :huh:) .. You guys who have been standing just in front of the inner circle .... how was that? Good/bad? Maybe I'll try that instead ....

Thank you! And now the waiting for Göteborg :)

Edit: I can see my post has been moved - so were there one or two entrances into the inner circle? Sorry for asking again :) ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom