GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in Dublin for Saturday night's show, and from reading the posts on this thread, still have absolutely no information as to the best time to get in line.

I think the consensus seems to be that the first couple of rows in the "rest of GA" section are the place to be - so the question then is - what is the latest possible time that one must join the line to secure a place there? I'm thinking that this varies a lot by location - so Croke is obviously going to be a lot crazier than pretty much anywhere else. People were queuing up more than 24 hours before Croke 1, and given that tomorrow is a holiday, it could be even worse...so I wonder.

I've done the whole stand in line from the word go thing the last show, and I've got to say - it was really draining (especially standing in the sun), and by the time the show started, I was too exhausted to enjoy it. So I'm looking to avoid this as much as possible this time around.

So getting back to my initial point - I really have no idea when to go. Anyone else going to Croke 2? When are you getting there? Anyone have any ideas?

I'm in Dublin for Saturday night's show, and from reading the posts on this thread, still have absolutely no information as to the best time to get in line.

I heard from one person there that there were over 800 people in line at 8:15 am for last night's show.

Are cameras allowed at U2 concerts?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I rarely visit this forum...

I´m heading tomorrow to Gothenburg, and I was wondering if I´m allowed to take my Canon Ixus 40 to the show... After all almost all mobile phones have cameras nowadays, and it would be stupid to allow them but not normal pocket cameras. But my ticket says no cameras and I want to be sure before I leave.

Point-and-shoot cameras are allowed. Professional ones (DSLR and ones with detachable lenses) are not.

Have fun!

^that's the official word. But it depends on the venue as well. I had a more elaborate point-and-shoot camera, one that would be considered a mega zoom, and I had no problem bringing it into Croke Park. When I had it out in the pit (I was in the front row), one of the security stewards nodded in my direction a couple of times while talking to his supervisor, and they might have been talking about my camera (or maybe not) but they didn't confiscate it. Somehow I don't think I'll be able to get away with having the same camera in GA pit in the US shows. We tend to be stricter...

But definitely bring a camera in. You'll miss out on a lot if you don't!

I was able to get my DSLR into Croke Park without any problem. Security did not check my bag at all. I saw many people with DSLRs as well. I did not bring it on night one because I wanted to see how security with the bag checks were and since the never checked my bag (I even asked them if they wanted to check them) I decided I was good to go on night 2. I highly doubt I can do this in Atlanta.

I was able to get my DSLR into Croke Park without any problem. Security did not check my bag at all. I saw many people with DSLRs as well. I did not bring it on night one because I wanted to see how security with the bag checks were and since the never checked my bag (I even asked them if they wanted to check them) I decided I was good to go on night 2. I highly doubt I can do this in Atlanta.

On the second show I saw someone's DSLR being confiscated by the Garda. So there is a risk if you try to bring one with you.

Theres a video on youtube somewhere, bono tells a fan in the middle of SBS to put his f**king camera away, its a concert not a summet he said, cant find the video, just make sure your not in front of bono :)

Theres a video on youtube somewhere, bono tells a fan in the middle of SBS to put his f**king camera away, its a concert not a summet he said, cant find the video, just make sure your not in front of bono :)

I'm pretty sure I know what video you're talking about. It was during the Vertigo tour. Bono was probably having a slightly irritable night and there are plenty of fans in front of him each night with cell phones and cameras out. He's fine. :)

Honestly the more pics I see taken by people who were front row (or close to it) vs those who were a bit further back? I'm getting closer and closer to not wanting to be so close after all. Up front looks kinda boring, visually (unless of course staring at Adam's package is your deal :lol: )

I think I know my stratagy. For Night one shows that I go to, I will be front rail. For night 2 concerts I will be outer rail. So what I'm most concerned about is the two shows that are single city shows: PHX and Vegas. I will have friends that both want to be close and will probably want to see the screen. I'll deal with that clsoer to the dates.

I think I want to be inside the "pit" but on the rear rail for Boston 1 and maybe front rail of the outer area for Boston 2...that should about cover it. I'm short though (5'2") so any suggestions would be appreciated.

outer rail for me too in Phoenix...i'm thinking about showing up around noon-1pm or so..even in October it'll be bloody hot on the concrete, so even 4 hours outside in the queue is gonna be rough.

Taking my child to GA - age 10 advice needed

I agreed to take my 10 year old son with me with both have GA tickets (wembley 2nd show).

The decision was based on my previous U2 concerts where I managed to queue to get into the Heart and found there was plenty of room.

Our plans were to get there early and line up to get in the pit and stand at the back of the rail.

From what I've been reading, I'm now not sure if this is a good spot ? Being small he needs somewhere where height isn't so important.

So do we go to the pit but stand to one side so it's not too crowded ?
or
Do we go to the outer rail, perhaps to one side a little.

Will he be able to see if we are on the outer rail, or we he be able to see better in the pit ?

I'm concerned that there might be a lot of surging in GA section on the outer rail ?

Any advice much appreciated.

I was in the pit on the outer rail for Dublin 1 and there was only sqooshing because these French fans( nothing against anbody from France) in front of us all had a gaint back pack with them taking up a lot of room and they were sitting down too. Why do people have to bring a back pack into the show.

Back
Top Bottom