GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. Yes, the rail seems like a good idea. :hmm: Adam's side probably

The kid is a teenager, so I think as long as he has his Nintendo DS or Sony PSP he'll be fine in line.

You'd be surprised at what kids can do when they really want to. Our 9 year old walked with us at 5am in the morning from St. James square to Croke Park in Dublin only to wait in line all day, hop a rail/get hurt, to make back rail in the pit and then walk all the way back to the hotel (the other two shows we had seats).

Before you say we're horrible parents for forcing him to do this, lol, we asked him repeatedly if he was up for it and he still states to this day that it was the greatest experience of his life. All 11 years of it ;)

YMMV, as I know our daughter would NEVER be willing to do that.

There are threads throughout these boards discussing that, but I believe the general rule is that if it has a detachable lens or the lens is longer than 3" you will not be allowed.

Generally speaking DSLR's are a no-no, and compact's are good. No experience with a flip camera or the zi8, although there are certainly are examples out there of people that have brought them to U2 shows and used them. It's also always good to call the venue and ask specifically what their policies are, as there does seem to be some variance there as well.

Personally, i'll be bringing my Nikon P300 and be taking a little hd video there as well.

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone... no crutches for me this weekend. My back is feeling pretty good (thank you steroids), and I'll continue with the Vicodin to make sure I'm fine.

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom