GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really depends on the city, but in Dublin 11am got you in the pit. Also not everyone is going for the pit too.

:doh: Is this a serious question

You don't have to campout to get a good spot. I don't know how many more times that I have to state that. I didn't camp out in Dublin and just got there early and got great spots in the pit. The main stage is high, so if your short, you'll still see.

I really can't get to the venue until 4 pm. That's late. Hence, I was wonderingifI could do that.

I am not too fussed about where I end up tomorrow. I will wander down about 5pm I imagine. Need to conserve my queueing strength for Sheffield :wave:

They get in the way sometimes, but they are really not that bad. One thing I don't get is that they move them sometimes and the band doesn't use them. I had one of the Dublin shows where the bridge stopped right after it went passed me and Edge went onto it and was playing literally right there. I was in the pit for the 3 shows I went to, so I don't know about it if your on the pitch

I suspect they move the bridges even when they're not in use so that they don't sit in one place, obstructing the views of one group of people the entire show. Better to have more people share a little pain ("they get in the way sometimes, but they are really not that bad", you said) than have a smaller group get totally screwed.

I suspect they move the bridges even when they're not in use so that they don't sit in one place, obstructing the views of one group of people the entire show. Better to have more people share a little pain ("they get in the way sometimes, but they are really not that bad", you said) than have a smaller group get totally screwed.

if they kept the bridges in the back of the stage, their starting position, no one would get screwed. I think they mpve them when the band members aren't using them for visual affect.

In Dublin and it was not 360 there, they were off to the side where people weren't standing, so when they were over in the spot before the show started they didn't obstruct anyones view. It was only when they moved they obstructed some peoples views, but not for very long. That is what I mean. I'm sorry, I should have made that more clearer.

i got to wembley at 1 yesterday and got the perfect spot in that picture posted before - the green spot. the guy next to me got there at 3pm

you could have got there at 4 and still been within the first couple of lines

might be a different story today as its the weekend and people might come earlier.

do not stand anywhere near the back of the stage - absolute rubbish exp IMO

ok i sorry if this has been asked and answered but im so confused about the best spot to aim for once u get in there.
im not sure of the layout of it at all so where would i aim for to get a great view of the stage (eg close as possible and not blocked views) its me bday gig on thurs so wanna make sure i see everything close up:drool:
ive looked at the stage etc but i dont get it at all. im so confused as to what the layout is:doh:

London Friday - joined the queue about 2pm, managed to get 3rd row in front of Adam in the circle
London Saturday - joined the queue about 2:30pm, managed to get 11th row in front of The Edge in the circle.

Both days got my camera in OK, though didn't get bottles in. Views both days were fine. The bridges do move but rarely blocked my view for more than a couple of mins each night.

Think I'm going to try outside the circle for Sheffield. By the time I get there i'll be too late anyway, but I'd like to see what the show looks like from a bit further back.

I was right in front of the sound desk last night. Fantastic view of the show, especially as there was no really tall people between me and the stage :D We only got to Wembley at about 4pm and still got to choose the exact spot we wanted - could have easily been 2 or 3 rows from the barrier outside the Claw.

ok i sorry if this has been asked and answered but im so confused about the best spot to aim for once u get in there.
im not sure of the layout of it at all so where would i aim for to get a great view of the stage (eg close as possible and not blocked views) its me bday gig on thurs so wanna make sure i see everything close up:drool:
ive looked at the stage etc but i dont get it at all. im so confused as to what the layout is:doh:

you need to look at a photo of the stage.. but basically.

the stage is a circle. then there is another circle outside of that where fans can stand and surroudn the stage. this is being called the inner circle/gold circle. the fans that queue up the earliest can get into this circle, putting them closest to the band.

the main problem with being so close this tour is that you are under the big screens and dont get a great view of the rest of the show

the rest of the peopel that are standing, stand in the main general admission area. in my opinion the best place to stand is on the railing right at the front of this section. so you are basically right at the front of the standing section, but otuside of the inner circle.

the other advantage is that most people who go and queue early aim for the inner circle, leaving you the ideal chance to take a rail spot

I was right in front of the sound desk last night. Fantastic view of the show, especially as there was no really tall people between me and the stage :D We only got to Wembley at about 4pm and still got to choose the exact spot we wanted - could have easily been 2 or 3 rows from the barrier outside the Claw.

You could have got to Wembley at 8pm on Saturday and still stood near the sound desk... that's what I did. :) Plenty of room at the back.

I wouldn't worry about not seeing "the show" when you are close to the stage. It turns into more of an intense light show rather than a TV show.

you need to look at a photo of the stage.. but basically.

the stage is a circle. then there is another circle outside of that where fans can stand and surroudn the stage. this is being called the inner circle/gold circle. the fans that queue up the earliest can get into this circle, putting them closest to the band.

the main problem with being so close this tour is that you are under the big screens and dont get a great view of the rest of the show

the rest of the peopel that are standing, stand in the main general admission area. in my opinion the best place to stand is on the railing right at the front of this section. so you are basically right at the front of the standing section, but otuside of the inner circle.

the other advantage is that most people who go and queue early aim for the inner circle, leaving you the ideal chance to take a rail spot

thanks that helps me out LOADS! will be one of the early ones but if wen i get in there i still arent sure just will aim for something i can lean on! gunna depend if my knee holds out as well how far/fast i make it lol!
thank u:D

According to the Don valley website and on the tickets for the Sheffield show it states no cameras,have tickets for all the previous tickets stated this as I'm in two minds whether to take my camera:hmm:

According to the Don valley website and on the tickets for the Sheffield show it states no cameras,have tickets for all the previous tickets stated this as I'm in two minds whether to take my camera:hmm:

All the tickets have said this... you will be fine as long as it is a compact camera - I think they are referring to professional/advanced equipment.

I estimate around one-third of the audience has had a camera at the shows I've been to.

Thelaj is right! Wembley said this, they saw me take my camera in and they didn't even open the case, as it was compact

My wife & I have GA for 9/12 Seats for 9/13

This is her first time seeing U2 L I V E

She seems a little reluctant to be in the GA Line for awhile

Anyone have any ideas or does she need a swift kick in the keister:ohmy:

LOL kidding guys

Don't kick her!

LOL kidding guys

I'm planning on being there fairly early if SF allows, and will have some munchies, chairs and other stuff to make it comfortable. I'd advise the same. If you make it fun, she'll love it. If she doesn't then kick her. NOT!:reject:
Now that does not apply if we have a monsoon that day.:wink:
I've got GA the 12th and Red Zone the 13th. :hyper:

Birdlover

Thanks BirdLo:heart:er

She is already asking me "What do I do if I have to go to the restroom?":huh:

I told her no drinking after about 2p.m. or 3p.m. she no likey that either:ohmy:

GA Virgins:doh:

Distraction, that's the key

Bring stuff to do that she likes. Not that YOU like, what she likes. If she loves to play cards, bring those. Just make it so much fun, like a picnic, that she forgets she can't go to the bathroom.
Wait, that's not likely.
How about, do the games or things but quietly remove the water bottles at the right time. :D
You have to think ahead to make this work.

I'm a GA Virgin, but I'm really motivated. I can understand that she's not quite there yet where U2 is concerned. By the second song, she'll be a convert, I'm sure!

BTW, I'm bringing Kringle!:wave: (Danish pastry that Racine is famous for)

Birdlover

Totally agreee, people, having seen 3 shows so far. Being outside the pit is awesome too and in fact better for sound and visuals definatley. Innercircle has one thing going for it and thats the closeness to the band which is great. If knowing what I know now but I only was going to see them only once I would be telling people to see the show from the middle of the pitch if they want "the show." If its whites of the eyes then innercircle. I will be at Cardiff on Sat and it pitch for me defo to take it all in with better sound thrown in too...

Thanks BirdLo:heart:er

She is already asking me "What do I do if I have to go to the restroom?":huh:

I told her no drinking after about 2p.m. or 3p.m. she no likey that either:ohmy:

GA Virgins:doh:

There are porto potties around. And indeed, no drinking after 3 pm UNTIL you are inside the stadium. You can move once you're inside the pit, but I wouldn't recommend it. Besides giant waiting lines and the possibility of losing your spot it's also very annoying for other people. I've been squashed too many times by people walking by with beer or whatever.

I'm planning on being there fairly early if SF allows, and will have some munchies, chairs and other stuff to make it comfortable. I'd advise the same. If you make it fun, she'll love it. If she doesn't then kick her. NOT!:reject:
Now that does not apply if we have a monsoon that day.:wink:
I've got GA the 12th and Red Zone the 13th. :hyper:

Birdlover

I have a feeling for that first show the GA queue is going to be nuts. I have always wanted to see U2 in Chicago, but saw that it was the first city and was like no way. I know how crazy the GA can get in the US in some places. I mean crazy as in people get there 3 days before the show, but I don't think that will happen

Totally agreee, people, having seen 3 shows so far. Being outside the pit is awesome too and in fact better for sound and visuals definatley. Innercircle has one thing going for it and thats the closeness to the band which is great. If knowing what I know now but I only was going to see them only once I would be telling people to see the show from the middle of the pitch if they want "the show." If its whites of the eyes then innercircle.

I'm definitely a "whites of their eyes" kind of girl...at least for the first night :sexywink:

LOL kidding guys

From all reviews I've read, getting there super early should not be necessary to guarantee yourself a place in the inner circle. That inner circle holds a lot of people.

I'm a GA virgin, too, and a little nervous about it. :reject: Someone should write an official advice/planning document for GA in the US after the tour gets here so we all know what to do (unless there's already one...?).

:yikes: and :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom