First rehearsal sounds! (Stand Up Comedy?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i thought love and peace or else would suck live, and it didn't. it was actually a highlight.

moral of the story... none of you know the fuck what any of these songs will sound like live until you, ya know, hear them live, and any guess at wether or not stand up comedy will "suck" or not is simply that... a guess.

you really think they will completely re-write the song to play it live? change the lyrics, and everything? if so, maybe it won't suck live. guess i'll just have to wait and see. :wink:

i can honestly say if they play Acrobat/Your Blue Room/Red Hill on that huge stage in Barcelona I will probably make a fool of myself in a big way... :shifty:

i thought love and peace or else would suck live, and it didn't. it was actually a highlight.

moral of the story... none of you know the fuck what any of these songs will sound like live until you, ya know, hear them live, and any guess at wether or not stand up comedy will "suck" or not is simply that... a guess.

I agree.. plus there are songs from the past that people are obsessed about hearing live, but have never been played (Acrobat, Red Hill MT.. ). U2 no doubt figured out at the time that these songs WOULD SUCK live. Some songs have a punch on record that will never translate live.
though recent comments from Edge and Adam will mean that I may have to eat my words in 2 weeks.

I reckon that they will take the stage with 'Fez' and kick into 'No Line On The Horizon' instead of 'Being Born' if you know what I mean.

Good night drunk am I.

i can honestly say if they play Acrobat/Your Blue Room/Red Hill on that huge stage in Barcelona I will probably make a fool of myself in a big way... :shifty:

If they play Acrobat/Red Hill/Dirty Day/Lemon/Daddy's Gunna Pay/God Part 2 I'll be overcome with happiness

But if they play ULTRAVIOLET in NY I'll turn into the Sanjaya Crying Girl...:|
idol-cryer.jpg

day 18 video is up, again cannot view it as i am in work, just thought i would give the heads up

day 18 video is up, again cannot view it as i am in work, just thought i would give the heads up

Holy crap what a shitload of boxes! :lol:

I think we're seeing part of the equipment, a HUGE room with a lot of flightcases. Soundbite is Magnificent, I think the album/single version.

God I cannot wait for this bloody tour to start...it's killing me....

I'm really looking forward to hearing more live versions of songs on NLOTH and hopefully some older tunes that they haven't played so much in the past 20 years...

i saw the magnificent clip last night. these 30 second teases are killing me.

-dan

Holy crap what a shitload of boxes! :lol:

I think we're seeing part of the equipment, a HUGE room with a lot of flightcases. Soundbite is Magnificent, I think the album/single version.

Anybody else think the green parallel lines on the floor represent the catwalk, and that we're seeing the band's view from their rehearsal stage?

We now know that they are planning on playing Magnificent on this tour.

SURPRISE! :crazy:

Does anyone know where this rehearsals are? Do you think they are in Barcelona already? It seems those clips are not taken at HQ.

We now know that they are planning on playing Magnificent on this tour.

SURPRISE! :crazy:

Yeah I'm beginning to think these clips are not gonna give away any suprises,
the next few will prolly be Get On Your Boots, then prolly NLOTH after,

maybe the last day or 2 we'll see them rehearse a few golden oldies!

noice! NLOTH has become my new favorite song on the new album. in fact, if we were to rank our favorite U2 songs of all time, NLOTH would appear in my top 10. yes, i'm serious.

yeah it didnt work for me either at first,

just try it again, should work,

what an incredible drummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NLOTH 1!!!!!

sounds like a gig opener to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NLOTH :love:

Sounds good. And I cannot wait to hear that one live, the BBC performance was amazing, shame they didn't play it more often during the promo tour.

Back
Top Bottom