First rehearsal sounds! (Stand Up Comedy?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool teaser clip. Cool to see Adam playing the Gibson Recording Bass. Normally Adam doesn't take his Gibson bass guitars on tour. Seems that might change this time.

He's been using the RD Artist Bass for promo shows and not the Recording Bass in this clip.

Probably not to exciting for many. But for those of us that play music, it's sort of cool.

huh, another rehearsal clip? :ohmy:

please post the clip!!!! :hyper:

Not a rehearsal clip! Just Adam talking about the rehearsals. The only thing of note he says is that they are perfecting live versions of songs they thought they couldn't play live, and now they wonder why they thought they couldn't play them live at first.

Not a rehearsal clip! Just Adam talking about the rehearsals. The only thing of note he says is that they are perfecting live versions of songs they thought they couldn't play live, and now they wonder why they thought they couldn't play them live at first.

Very interesting!!!!

The small clip actually sounds more like 'One' with edge messing
around. you can hear the verse part of 'One' without the leslie
guitar effect ;-)

no doubt there is gonna be a few suprizes :D this tour

If they had a sense of humor, they would have played 27 seconds of Acrobat and then watched the message boards EXPLODE. Rather, there was nothing. A Seinfeld concept for clips? "Clips about nothing"?

This is really par for the course for the upcoming tour. Pretty bland. The only thing that has been exciting are the YouTube clips of the Claw. I really, really hope the restraint is for what is looming but I'm having massive PopMart (pre Latin America) flashbacks.

If they had a sense of humor, they would have played 27 seconds of Acrobat and then watched the message boards EXPLODE. Rather, there was nothing. A Seinfeld concept for clips? "Clips about nothing"?

That would have been amazing... Adam should have just played a bit of it, there at the end...

That comment from Adam is the best pre-tour news yet. Edge pulling Luminous Times out of his arse was awesome, but that could have been another u2ism: a pipe dream that never eventuated. This quote has substance, and indicates that there are a fair few songs that we may have never heard before, or at least not heard much of!

I take that to mean that songs like Electrical Storm (especially as B's voice is better now than for a good 15 years), Acrobat, Ultraviolet, Crumbs, Heartland (PLEASE!!!).

Songs that for whatever reason they should have played but never did, or didnt very often

yes!!! and that it sounds like they've been playing these mysterious songs "for 30 or 40 years" ....this is HUGE!!!! Fuck. I am excited. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Did Clayton specify that these are old songs they couldn't play live? I mean, 7 songs from the new one haven't been played yet. The band's memory about playing songs live is another interesting point (didn't Bono at one point during the Vertigo tour say that they never played Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses yet?). On the other hand, there are definitely going to be some surprises, as there were on the last 2 tours.

But don't get your ACROBAT!!! hopes up.

Also, this might be of some interest:

U2.com > News > It's Less Than A Month

:ohmy:

Now that's interesting. Are they beginning to consider fans' setlist wishes?

And as for Adam talking: Great news, but the whole obsession with Acrobat on this board is beyond me. I honestly don't think the song would work well live. There are so many great tunes they could play. I'm hoping for surprises.

First thing that I thought of when I heard Adam speak was actually Red Hill Mining town. That song they weren't able to play technically because Bono's voice couldn't handle it. Though I'm not entirely sure how he'd be handling that now.

First thing that I thought of when I heard Adam speak was actually Red Hill Mining town. That song they weren't able to play technically because Bono's voice couldn't handle it. Though I'm not entirely sure how he'd be handling that now.

He probably could.

I think people need to not get too over-excited. The impression I got from watching that Adam video was that he was talking about some of the songs off the new album, that they thought might be too complex to play (Unknown Caller maybe, Fez-Being Born maybe, MOS more than likely) and are now sounding very good. I think the comment about 'it seems like we've been playing these songs for years' refers to them playing the NLOTH songs as if they've been playing them for years, not songs like Acrobat or any other rareties that they COULD have played for years if they'd wanted to.

Just my take on it.

I agree, I immediately thought he was talking about NLOTH songs. There was mention a while back that Edge was working on how to play Moment Of Surrender (I think), so it's probably along those lines.

It's still nice to have a little video, even if it's just small talk, better than nothing:up:

NEW CLIP...............

Pity Edge's phone interupted!!!

anyone hear what Adam might be playing, sounds like he is just noodling to me,

U2.com > News > Countdown to 360

20 days to go!!!!!!!! wahoooooo!

If they article on the website asking fans to write in and say what they wanna hear live is anything to go by,
I guess we will hear

The Unforgettable Fire
&
A Sort Of Homecoming

they seem to be the most requested!!!!

yeah, it's all noodling so far. i'm pumped that they're doing the countdown though. just like the album clips, i bet they'll contain more and more hints the closer we get.

That's the one I'm hoping for :pray: but I think you're right about Bono's voice; heck, he couldn't even sing it live back in '87.

Back
Top Bottom